Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen (1415 Views)

Wizkid Officially Unveil His Love To Tiwa Savage / Wizkid Chills With Tekno After Felabration (Photo, Video) / Omawumi Wows At Felabration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by ikorodureporta: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Unveiling of Fela's statue @ Allen round-about, Ikeja...

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by Sall(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Wow, kudos to Lagos state Government for doing this.
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by agarawu23(m): 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Abami eda grin
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by AlfaWaleFatai: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
after supporting his oppressors and celebrating those that killed his mother and made life hell for him

useless people

if fela was alive now you'll see all these bastards calling him abami eda and celebrating him call him ipod yoot and will go any length to bring him down
they'll call him a terrorist for daring to call their master Buhari a terrorist and beast
if people like obj are still celebrated till tomorrow why not the above said happening.
bunch of hopeless hypocrites
that's why this generation can never be free from greedy politicians because they're always a willing tool for them
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by ikorodureporta: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
I dnt undastand why he was beheaded
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
AlfaWaleFatai:
after supporting his oppressors and celebrating those that killed his mother and made life hell for him

useless people

THEY KILLED FELA'S MOTHER, JAILED HIM AND OTHER NOTABLE YORUBA LEADERS INCLUDING PROF WOLE SOYINKA, TAI SOLARIN AND CHIEF OLU FALAE. YET THE MUSLIMS AMONGST THEM STILL SEE THIS BLOOD SUCKER AS THE GREATEST PROPHET OF ISLAM angry

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by AlfaWaleFatai: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
my brother the same fela all these shameless hypocrites are celebrating is the same person obj brutally killed his mother (who is an activist too)

today obj is still seen as an icon and role model for these set of hypocrites
the same obj he sang how he and his paddy them yaradua and co looted Nigeria dry

shameless people
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by AlfaWaleFatai: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
THEY KILLED FELA'S MOTHER, JAILED HIM AND OTHER NOTABLE YORUBA LEADERS INCLUDING PROF WOLE SOYINKA, TAI SOLARIN AND CHIEF OLU FALAE. YET THE MUSLIMS AMONGST THEM STILL SEE THIS BLOOD SUCKER AS THE GREATEST PROPHET OF ISLAM angry
today they're shamelessly celebrating him
i know that if the dead has opinion fela from his grave will never allow or associate with these hypocritical sycophants

today olu falae is being victimized by his people for questioning the almighty status quo of the caliphate
my yeroba brothers eeee
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
Abami eda grin
SO YOU ARE REALLY CELEBRATING FELAangry
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by agarawu23(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
SO YOU ARE REALLY CELEBRATING FELAangry
why not? He is a musical legend that should be celebrated.
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by nairavsdollars(f): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ambode was a regular visitor to the Shrine back on those days. Not sure whether he smokes ganja sha
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
AlfaWaleFatai:

my brother the same fela all these shameless hypocrites are celebrating is the same person obj brutally killed his mother (who is an activist too)

today obj is still seen as an icon and role model for these set of hypocrites
the same obj he sang how he and his paddy them yaradua and co looted Nigeria dry

shameless people
APART FROM OBJ, THE CURRENT PRESIDENT JAILED ALMOST ALL THE YORUBA LEADERS WHILE HIS FULANI BROTHER (SHAGARI) WAS UNDER HOUSE ARREST.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
why not? He is a musical legend that should be celebrated.
BUT YOU WORKED AGAINST WHAT HE STOOD FOR IN 2015
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by agarawu23(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
BUT YOU WORKED AGAINST WHAT HE STOOD FOR IN 2015
everything isn't about politics bro, he is a music legend and not a politician
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
agarawu23:
everything isn't about politics bro, he is a music legend and not a politician
HAVE EVER LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
LET ME SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO WELCOME MY YORUBA MUSLIM BROTHERS grin
WELCOME ELECTRICDANGER AND DEOMELOgrin
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by Omofunaab2: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
Electricdanger:

Mike, I know you are frustrated cos of the poverty rocking your life like gucci. Its 8.19am here and will soon leave for Church. You want me to hate muslim people, you are not even a real Eboe man but a wawa Ibo. Lol

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nice......

Dedication this chorus to them...

So I waka waka waka
I go many places
I go government places
I see see see
All the bad bad bad things
Them they do do do

Them steal all the money
Them kill many students
Them burn many houses
Them burn my house too
Them kill my mama

So I carry the coffin
I waka waka waka
Movement of the People
Them waka waka waka
Young African Pioneers
Them waka waka waka

We go Obalende
We go Dodan barracks
We reach them gate o
We put the coffin down
Obasanjo dey there
With him big fat stomach
Yar'Adua dey there
With him neck like ostrich
We put the coffin down
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
Electricdanger:

Mike, I know you are frustrated cos of the poverty rocking your life like gucci. Its 8.19am here and will soon leave for Church. You want me to hate muslim people, you are not even a real Eboe man but a wawa Ibo. Lol
WHO IS MIKE
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by Omofunaab2: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Electricdanger:

The kid is frustrated and always spamming my mentions with his stupidity. Is it a must to hate muslim people? The mofo is not even a real Ibo man, yet he is bringing shame to Chukwu Akuko Abiora. Lol

Lol, don't mind him jare.

Na one of those abakaliki lowlifes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by agarawu23(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
HAVE EVER LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC
u na "odomode" na, u never ripe when we dey hear him music grin
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by mofeoluwadassah: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
ok
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by IJOBA2: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Electricdanger:

Get lost and go get a life. Dont you have shame?
I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by potbelly(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Waiting for them to place the head on the statue... undecided
Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by policy12: 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Fela a Man who sees Tomorrow..

A Prophet of a kind.. .
A legend in the mind.. .
A man heart of pain...
For a masses to gain....
A man of love..Yet hate by all,

What a Prophet?
He never have a religion,
His words are more of prophecy,
His lyrics are not just words,
His rhythm are not just drums,
His music are not just noise, but are
Voice for the voiceless and Hope for the hopelses.

His home he open for all,
Whether black or white,
Small or great, rich or poor,
His love for the down trodden is unfathomable,
His passion for justice is unequivocally,
His desire for equality is beyond this page,
His hatred for injustice is so emphatically,
His message for the religious slavery is undisputed,

His enemity with corrupt government is overwhelming,
His view on the looters call leaders is not bias,
How we wish he lives on, but he is a mortal
And all mortal must died, 20 years after is death,
More than 40years after his major song were released,
The songs are ever fresh every day,
Because he is a prophet...

Should we call him a Prophet?
Nope let call him a man who sees tomorrow..
He sees the fear in the masses faces to fight for freedom little wonder he sing "my people sef , dey fear too much"
He sings about "suffering and smilling" Imagine a graduate without work, imagine a worker without Salary after six months "suffering and Smiling.
Oh He sing about our present leader
He sings about $2.6billion missing today $26billion missing. What a Prophecy?

A medical student to be..
No he follow his calling the Underground Spiritually Game,
He taught it was just a music but he never knew,
His rhythm and rhymes will change the music world forever,
He never knew his music will be more deadly than pen, gun, bow and arrow,
He never knew through this music calling he will be famous than his Father,
For him it's just to sing, only did he know it's a Calling..
When He yield to his Calling a Prophet was born that beget a Prophecy...

Like the Prophet of old
His music turned him to Matyrs..
He was subjected to all form of inhumane,
He was beaten, he was batterd yet he never deter,
He called the enemy yet the people loves him the more
The more he was called the criminal, the more his Prophecy becoming so so Real....

How can I write about a man whose Prophecy outlive his reign..
How can I pen down the attributes of a Prophet whose Prophecy has been there before I was born,
Tell me how will I described a Prophet whose Prophecy is a thorn in the Flesh of our looters,
Tell me how will I script a Prophet who have no ministry but his message prick men's heart,
How I mean how a Prophet without religion but has so many disciples..

Little wonder
To many musicians he becomes their Legend,
To many learner he become their Mentor,
To many Looters he become a Thorn,
To many Afro he become their Beats,
To the truth Lovers the stage his not complete without His Rhythm..

His Prophecy like a still voice in the wind...
Was not bound by boundaries,
Was not cut by Culture,
Nor tame by Time,
Nor buried by Power,
Not even Fracture by Force,
The Content was not contain by Colour,
The lyrics hound by Race,
The message was not exterminate by Ethnicity.

No wonder his voice is heard from far and near echoing
Are ra ra Oro roo ro..
Welcome to the spiritual underground game.

@shopen

1 Like

Re: Celebrating Fela (Felabration), Lagos Govt Officially Unveil Statue @Allen by ikorodureporta: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
More pix...

(1) (Reply)

'am Coming For My Haters''- Davido Says As He Poses With His G-wagon / See How Ladies Fight Dirty, After They Met Each Other In Boyfriend's HOUSE / Emmanuela Of Mark Angel’s Comedy Looking Good In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.