Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson (11546 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / ₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2017
Will government use all they have to pay salaries alone. This is tantamount to inflation jare. After all how many percent of the general population does workers in the civil service amount to. 30k looks okay for now.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:
Nigeria houses one of the lowest pay structure in the world...

Watch 12 movies with popcorn at silverbird cinemas and the money is gone...

New proposed wage structure.
Graduate: 65k
Ond: 45k
Ssce: 30k

For a start....if they can do this....ehhnn
Wrong structure .
Minimum wage should be flat not attached to qualifications . If a BSC holders decides to get a security job cos he is fed up of being jobless you want him to be paid 65k right ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by oz4real83(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2017
There was already a thread on this with 19,000 views,99 posts that didn't make front page since yesterday. Why is this making front page with less posts and views? Politics and corruption everywhere and we are the first to blame govt.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by no1madman(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
undecided The useless house of reps are proposing N30,000. How much are their allowances for nothing absolutely nothing and yet they expect a paltry sum to be accepted by people who toil in harsh conditions to accept peanuts.
Nigeria is doomed. Make d masses they mumu. Nothing will ever change.
They don't understand. . .
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by israelmao(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Toothless bull dog rejecting what is not even realistic and feasible with present economic conditions,confusion and cluelessness of the current administration.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by AuroraB(f): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2017
bestguru:

COMMON THAT IS VERY POOR. BRICKLAYERS EARN N3,500 PER DAY WHICH IS THAT IS N105,000 PER MONTH WHILE THEIR LABORER EARNS N2,000 DAILY MAKING IT N60,000 MONTHLY, AND YOU ARE SUGGESTING 65K FOR A GRADUATE. NIGERIANS FEAR GOD
shocked shocked shocked Biko, anybody needing a bricklayer, kindly indicate. I would do 2 shifts, edakun sad

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by IamProdigy: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2017
erico2k2:

Wrong structure .
Minimum wage should be flat not attached to qualifications . If a BSC holders decides to get a security job cos he is fed up of being jobless you want him to be paid 65k right ?

Ur second sentence structure contradicts the first...
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by masseratti: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2017
Labour should not plunge the Nation into another recession, 30,000 minimum wage is not feasible, each state should determine her own minimum wages since their revenues and expenses are not the same,this is part of restructuring.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by donqx: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
really
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:

So those bricklayers work everyday abiii....
Or is there work not tedious enough?

Uncle I said for a start.....
They are still paying 18k...so whc is better?
no mind am.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2017
kevoh:
Labour Union,please agree to this N30000 minimum wage and let's focus on other things. I doubt if we can handle N56000 for now.

People like you are the reason why this nation isn't moving forward....
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:

Ur second sentence structure contradicts the first...
Ok explain how plz
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by AZeD1(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
The number one problem in Nigeria is self deceit.

For a country that is having problems paying 18k minimum wage, somebody somewhere is trying to triple it to 56k where is the sense in that?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On Oct 16, 2017
Danrizzle:
Will government use all they have to pay salaries alone. This is tantamount to inflation jare. After all how many percent of the general population does workers in the civil service amount to. 30k looks okay for now.
Nop but I think the issue of minimum wage should be pushed as far as the private sector .
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 8:51am On Oct 16, 2017
AZeD1:
The number one problem in Nigeria is self deceit.

For a country that is having problems paying 18k minimum wage, somebody somewhere is trying to triple it to 56k where is the sense in that?
True talk and these same people pay their gateman N15k a month
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by edi287: 8:51am On Oct 16, 2017
30k is not feasible much less 56k. Need to stop living in lala land. Nigeria can not afford to increase minimum wage at the moment
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by kevoh(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

People like you are the reason why this nation isn't moving forward....
Can you explain in details how the government and state governments can fund a N56000 minimum wage without having delays in salary payments and without downsizing the civil service? Mind you, I will benefit hugely if the minimum wage increases to N56000 but I choose to face the reality on ground and stopped dreaming.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by Youngzedd(m): 9:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Many states are yet to pay 18k and someone, somewhere in the country is talking about 56k

Civil servants should get ready because many states will be owing them 5 years salary if this 56k is passed into law.

30k isn't a bad one for a country in this economic state.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2017
kevoh:

Can you explain in details how the government and state governments can fund a N56000 minimum wage without having delays in salary payments and without downsizing the civil service? Mind you, I will benefit hugely if the minimum wage increases to N56000 but I choose to face the reality on ground and stopped dreaming.

By cutting down on the cost of governance, that to me is reality....
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by IamProdigy: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok explain how plz

I think I get where u are driving at....

But u shud know that in the civil service there are levels....and this is based on qualifications...

Why school....if pay wud be same...

Who then is the minimum wages for...
School leavers, graduates...or PhD holders?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by mexioni(m): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2017
FG and labour know what they are doing, they are both not serious abt implanting the new minimum wage, haba since over 2years who is fooling who?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by abuyazid22(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2017
Youngzedd:
Many states are yet to pay 18k and someone, somewhere in the country is talking about 56k

Civil servants should get ready because many states will be owing them 5 years salary if this 56k is passed into law.

Youngzedd:

If the union are demanding for upward review of salary they should be ready to make sacrifice as well coz the government will demand more civil servants to leave their job so that they'll be able to pay them...
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:

I think I get where u are driving at....

But u shud know that in the civil service there are levels....and this is based on qualifications...

Why school....if pay wud be same...

Who then is the minimum wages for...
School leavers, graduates...or PhD holders?
Ok glad you got it.the minimum wage is for all people not just civil service . Besides a BSC holder can be a cleaner in a local council if that's the only entry point at that point . .so you think it's right to pay a cleaner above another cleaner cos he has BSC ni? Even after they working 5 years together ?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by IamProdigy: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2017
erico2k2:

Ok glad you got it.the minimum wage is for all people not just civil service . Besides a BSC holder can be a cleaner in a local council if that's the only entry point at that point . .so you think it's right to pay a cleaner above another cleaner cos he has BSC ni? Even after they working 5 years together ?

I get you...

But the minimum wage is not effective then...

Cause some people pay even 15k.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by bizhop01: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Give me one reson i shoul'd trust the most corrupt organization in the world NIGERIA LABOUR UNION
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by dederocs(m): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2017
The disparity is too much... Compared to what political office holders earn, minimum wage should be 100k
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:

I get you...

But the minimum wage is not effective then...

Cause some people pay even 15k.

That's my point .
Most of us screaming minimum wage will still want to pay our house help N15k a month .
You.now see how this new proposals are dead on arrival ?
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by IamProdigy: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2017
erico2k2:

That's my point .
Most of us screaming minimum wage will still want to pay our house help N15k a month .
You.now see how this new proposals are dead on arrival ?

I think there should be a classification...
Probably....
BTW
Skilled and unskilled
As well as graduates.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by lateefsul: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Step out in style. Shop this affordable pair of shoes here: http:///2ypQtsS

Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by erico2k2(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
IamProdigy:

I think there should be a classification...
Probably....
BTW
Skilled and unskilled
As well as graduates.
In reality that's is hiw it works . Minimum wage is minimum wage . There is no segregation . I can't pay you £4 an hour for cleaning my shoes in the UK . I can go to prison for that.
Re: Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson by lateefsul: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
The watch that adds spice to your outfit. Shop on Jumia: http:///2gflxmQ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Practising Engineer But, So Passionate About Teaching Maths In High School. / 5 Great Passive Income Ideas / KPMG Aptitude Test 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.