Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions (1003 Views)

Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions by gbadex1(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2007
This post is a post-reply on one of goodguy's topics (God supported Holy Wars, something like that, can't really remember the name ) and his opinion that all religions worship the same God. i know this is late in coming, but until now i wasn't prompted to post this until i did Morning Devotion some days back and the topic caught my eye. So far, i've decided to share this knowledge with goodguy and those willing to read. Enjoy:

JESUS IS THE WAY

Bible Passage: John 14:1-7

"Jesus answered, I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father execpt through me." John 14:6 NIV

If you have ever taken a trip to a destination you were not familiar with, you'll apprecite it when you are guided by someone who is very familiar with the way. Jesus did not mince words in His response to Thomas that he was going to prepare a place for every believer. He told him point blank that He is the way, NOT one of the ways to God, the Father

Whoever will get to the Father will not by-pass Jesus. This is the raw gospel truth. No matter the interest, sympathy or feelings we hae towards any individual or religious group none can truly make the claim Jesus made as the only One who leads to God, the Father. He warned us against several claims describing them as ravening wolven and deceivers (Matthew 7:15). No one except Jesus who came from heavn knows what heaven is like and how to get there. According to Him, He has gone to prepare a place for us (John 14:2). Every person who has Heaven in mind must seek to follow the way to Heaven.
Re: To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions by babs787(m): 10:31am On Feb 20, 2007
@gbade.x

If getting salvation is through john 14 v 1-7, explain the below verse

Mathew 19v17: , And he said unto him, why callest thou me good? There is no one good but one, that is God. BUT IF THOU WILT ENTER LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

The above verse shows that if you are able to keep the commandments (as given to moses), you shall gain paradise

Mathew 18 v 3-6; And said, verily i say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter the kingdom of God. Whosoever shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of God and who so shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

also
Mark 10v14-15: but when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased and said unto them, sufffer the little children to cometh unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.

Concerning purity if children
Proverb 20v11: even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure and whether it be right.

The above verse is saying that if anyone can become sinless like children that knew nothing, they would gain paradise, yet no issue of seeing jesus before gaining paradise.

3. Jesus also told his disciples how to pray that

Luke 11v2-4; and he said unto them, when ye pray, say, OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE THY NAME, thy kingdom come. they will be done as in heaven, so in earth. give us this day,

Still no where of seeing jesus before gaining salvation.

2nd corinthians 7v14: if my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will i hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Still no mention of getting salvation through jesus.

Mathew 5v19: whosoever shall break one of these commandments, and shall teach men so, he'll be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Note, still no mention of getting salvation through jesus but can be got
through keeping the commandments.

mathew 5v20: for except your righteous exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and the Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of God

Here, it is noted that you can gain paradise by being righteous .i.e doing good deeds.

Isaiah 55v7: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts, let him return to the Lord, that He may have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

Still the same as above.

Etc,

Cheers
Re: To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions by babs787(m): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2007
@GBADE.X

Add this verse too

Acts 10v34-35: Then Peter opened his mouth, but in every nation, he that feared him (God) and worketh righteousness is accepted with him (God).

Yet no mention of getting salvation through Jesus.
Re: To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions by Grouppoint(m): 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2007
Babs787,
These scriptures have not stated that these are the ways to salvation. They have only shown the characteristcs of the people who will make it into heaven. (People who fear God, Keep his commandments, Are Innocent as the little children etc)

Now the way to heaven is clearly stated in the Bible is through acceptance of Jesus Christ.
You cannot accept Christ without loving Him.
You cannot love God , whom you havent seen, yet hate your fellow man, whom you see.

Hence the true believer, who accepts Jesus Christ, will definitely possess the xtics you described above.
Re: To Goodguy And Others : A Post On The Difference In Deities Of Diff. Religions by babs787(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2007
@Grouppoint,

Thanks so much for the post.

Characteristics of people that will make it to heaven!

Note that if you possess the characteristics, heaven is a sure bet for you.

Acceptance of Jesus is not the way you may be thinking. Like I have been saying in my posts, jesus is no more than earthly savour. He came and preached to people to do the will of God. We have scores of earthly saviours.

But what I want you to know is that, jesus has never preached blood atonement as the means of getting salvation.

He never said if you don’t believe in so and so blood, he only preached repentance and the following of the commandments which if adhered to, will guarantee paradise.

True believers believe in him as the messenger of God but not as the one dying for anyone’s sin.

What jesus meant by telling them to follow him is that, all prophets during their time were leaders and there is no way you can get to God without knowing the prophets. All these prophets directed people towards the serving of God. We have it in the bible where you can gain paradise by following the commandments.

This ‘follow me’ that jesus said was used by him during his time and to those that were with him. Then you cant have access to God without going through the prophets being the leaders but not as you may be thinking that ‘as personal saviour or whatever’.

Jesus made it known to us that if you are able to keep the commandments, heaven is sure for you.

Thank you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Satanism / Proof Of Existence Of God / Re: Feel Free To Ask Me Questions On My Beliefs About The God Who Revealed The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.