Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 (1171 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot 5 X559c (android 7.0 Nougat) / How To Lock Apps With Fingerprint On Any Infinix Phone Running Android 7 Nougat / How to add battery percentage to phone status bar for Android 7.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ray48: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
Pls gurus. How do I upgrade from Android 6 to Android 7. D phone is a J7 Prime.
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ewizard1: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2017
Option 1 - Check for Updates on your phone to see if available via OTA.

Option 2 - Use Google search to find if there's any release for your Device model in another Region, Download and ODIN!

Option 3 - Root, Flash a custom Recovery and Flash a Stock Android!
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by calddon(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2017
ewizard1:

Option 2 - Use Google search to find if there's any release for your Device model in another Region, Download and ODIN!

Nice buh custom recovery are mostly used to flash custom rom.
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by MarkWayne89: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2017
I don't think you can get it officially for this phone, so the only way remains to root it and install a custom ROM.
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ewizard1: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2017
calddon:
Nice buh custom recovery are mostly used to flash custom rom.
Yes nah, Stock Android is Custom ROM!
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ray48: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
ewizard1:

Saw option 2. Learnt it's being released gradually in India but no link to download it.
Was told dat option 3 will make d phone to hang. Is it true?
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ewizard1: 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
ray48:

Saw option 2. Learnt it's being released gradually in India but no link to download it.
Was told dat option 3 will make d phone to hang. Is it true?
Option 2 - I don't know what device you have but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the internet

Option 3 - Nope it won't, it will be faster instead. Just that you might lose some features you use to have before!
Re: Upgrading From Android 6 To Android 7 by ray48: 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
ewizard1:

Option 2 - I don't know what device you have but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the internet

Option 3 - Nope it won't, it will be faster instead. Just that you might lose some features you use to have before!

Tks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Smartwatch That Is Powered By Your Body Heat / Phone / Facebook Dating App, Now Is Being Tested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.