Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper (9618 Views)

Breaking:Evans the Kidnapper sentenced to death by hanging / Gunmen Abduct Rivers Councillor, Demand N50m From Family / Meet Hauwa Yunus, The Kidnapper Who Lures Her Victims With Her Beauty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by IamHeWrites: 5:49am On Oct 16, 2017
The Nigeria Police has reacted to claims by the lawyer to billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike known as Evans, Olukoya Ogungbeje, that officers of the Inspector General of Police’s Intelligence Response Team have extorted money and valuables worth over N50 million from his client since his arrest. Ogungbeje in a petition filed at the Police Service Commission, also accused the officers of molesting one Amaka Offor who is Evans's girlfriend.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement released last night, said the allegations are baseless and untrue.

Read the statement below;
The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to publications in the media on 14October, 2017 that “ Evans’ lawyer accuses police of extorting over N50 million, other valuables” from his client and another report that “Police Sexually molesting Evan’s Girlfriend, Amaka Offor” credited to one Olukoya Ogungbeje .

The two publications were found out to be absolute falsehood, misleading, unfounded and deliberate attempt to cast aspersion on the thorough and discrete investigation carried out by the Nigeria Police Force in all the offences committed by Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike (popularly known as Evans) who has pleaded guilty in court to multiple kidnappings, murder, armed robbery and other capital offences.

Virtually all the items erroneously claimed by Olukoya Ogungbeje to have been forcefully and corruptibly extorted from his client were found out to have been exaggerated. For avoidance of doubt, all monetary exhibits and other valuable properties including houses and exotic vehicles were not extorted but recovered by the IGP Intelligence Response Team during the investigation into the several cases of kidnappings, murder, armed robbery and other capital offences linked to Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike (known as Evans) were duly registered and will be tendered in court as exhibits as the trial progresses.

It is pertinent to disabuse the minds of the public who must have read the story that no police personnel within the team or anywhere else involved in the investigation of all the cases linked to Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike (popularly known as Evans) engage in any sexually molestation of the alleged Evan’s girlfriend Amaka Offor as claimed. This allegation is entirely untrue and incorrect.

The Nigeria Police sees the publications as a deliberate distraction and ill motives by the billionaire kidnapper's lawyer to pervert the end of justice. He is advised to face his client’s case in court and not misleading the public.

They hereby enjoined members of the public to disregard and discountenance the unfounded publications.

http://www.torimill.com/2017/10/the-nigeria-police-denies-extorting.html

1 Like

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by LUGBE: 5:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Always on defense , NPF and lies

18 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by IamHeWrites: 5:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Fynestboi
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by awa(m): 5:51am On Oct 16, 2017
Evans again, I hope the NPF won't drain this guy so that he won't have anything cask to prosecute his court case.
The Kidnapper 50 billion naira now being possibly kidnapped by NPF

3 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by oz4real83(m): 5:52am On Oct 16, 2017
Story time!!!
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Samsimple(m): 6:09am On Oct 16, 2017
If me sef na police i go extort money ooohh.. Opportunity comes but once
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by IamHeWrites: 6:12am On Oct 16, 2017
Samsimple:
If me sef na police i go extort money ooohh.. Opportunity comes but once

grin

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by hatchy(f): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell.

The police is guilty of this accusations.

Thieves Thieving the Thief!

16 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Jabioro: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Evans is on one chance,the same measurement he used to measure his victim until they were grounded shall be apply to him..Let him be extorted..NPF would never accept such allegatn,waiting for such to be accepted is waiting for the moon to fall.

2 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2017
I guess the Lawyer was expecting the police to be like;
"Bros, Bros! Nuh be 50million we extaut, na yonli 45million, and the 25 Toyota trucks, na Sergeant Danladi na im take, those wans... But bia, gini bu VIRTUE phone, e nuh follow for wetin me and Okonta thief, you don ask Audu?"

PS: The Police is still your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by paulchineduN(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2017
Like police like our politicians. They have M.sc in lieology. We all know what the Nigerian Police can do. Evans is now their cash cow and no amount of denial will make us believe them because we are used to their lies.

9 Likes

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by uhuogba(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2017
Evans is back to dominate our news space!
Ohh! The Police officers want to extort from an "extorter"(Kidnapper) what he extorted from his "extortees"(The Kidnapped Victims). grin grin grin grin
I see no issue here!

"Let's help you scale the hurdle, allow us at SLIM CONSULTS give expertise touch to your visa applications to UK, US, Canada, Schengen etc. Contact us @ 48 Ajose street,Ikeja, Lagos.08064379710. slimconsults@gmail.com"

1 Like

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by sgunji: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2017
The return of Evans the gbomogbomo
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Lala234: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2017
Space for sale grin

1 Like

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Cloud007: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2017
ole gbe.....ole gba...lol grin cheesy grin
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Offpoint: 10:37am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Untainted007: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2017
What is the difference between Evans and Police self? They should both park well and let us see front. When a case is dragging for long like this, na to corner the public at the end is their mission. Does anyone still hear about Clifford Orji again NO.

1 Like

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by SirLakes: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2017
They should say the did abi

Tell me you are now a police officer, I go Start to dey avoid you like plague
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by adeniyi55: 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Y
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by SalamRushdie: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian police and denial na 5 & 6, it's so bad that if you say the color of the Nigeria Police uniform is black they will immediately send one of their half baked PRO officers debunk and deny the claim.
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by ChangetheChange: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2017
grin
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Absa: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2017
Hw can police deny dis kind of thruth. No nigerian wil bliv d police has nt turned dis guy to meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by BrutalJab: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2017
Will you guys ever say the truth?
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by paulchineduN(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2017
Na so somebody collect my money dey give me cannots
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by cristianisraeli: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2017
believe the nigerian police at your own risk
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by Marshalxv(m): 10:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Who expected NPF to own up to their crimes.
Police is ur friend
Re: Police Denies Extorting N50m From Evans, The Kidnapper by talk2percy(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian police that can lie for the whole of Africa? I don't trust the police at all...there's every possibility that they did it, knowing fully well how Evans got his wealth and that he is surely going in for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landlord, Son Arrested Over Killing Of Tenant / John Shekwolo: Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Kaduna / EFCC Arrests 32 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.