Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Did I Handle This Well Please Read - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did I Handle This Well Please Read (496 Views)

How Can I Handle People That Always Borrow Things Without Returning Them Back / Who Is An Igbo Man? Please, Read Carefully Before You Call Them Ritualist. / Please Read This And Advise Me, I Do Not Know Who To Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2017
So today I went to church (African aunties HQ)

After church I came out and I saw one aunty showing another aunty who I don't know, a picture of one of my parents that recently died - she was trying to jog the other aunties memory, so I guess she was discussing my late parent death.

She then asked me how am I etc, I said fine and it was calm. She then got to the koko of the matter and asked me what am I doing now, am I working studying etc. I said both, she said what am I studying is it something got do with fashion I said no, I am doing a one year course and will start university in September and I will tell you what the course is when I start. She then asked me where I work I said my job title and she said its good. We then said our goodbyes.

As I was walking another aunty stopped me and she said aunty (the one I was talking to) was looking for me, I said OK. She asked me how I am, how am I getting on etc I said fine just getting on with things since thatparent of mine died. She then went in for the killa and asked me whether my other parent who is still alive has gone back to work! That parent has, but I said I don't know as I didn't want to disclose info. She then asked me whether I have gone back to school I said I am taking a year out and I start next September.. We talked a bit more generally then we went our separate ways.

I give myself the benefit of the doubt as I was taken by surprisebut if I could go
back what I would do differently is

To the first aunty tell her im working and studying and everything is fine and if they asked for details I would have said oh don't worry aunty everything is fine.

And to the second one I should have said "oh you can call them and find out" in a friendly tone, and if she asked about my schooling I could say "oh don't worry everything is fine"
I regret giving out the little information I did, I swear to GOD that will be the last time.

How do you deal with people asking about your work and studies? Do you tell them your
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by SmellingAnus(m): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2017
For those I believe that means well for me, I tell them whether friends or family, for others that are stingy with their personal info , I also become stingy with my personal info... Even Saul in the Bible told his family member about his encounter but he refused telling him that he was going to be King of Israel as Prophesied by Samuel... ( Just be wise when responding to personal details about your life...) If not, then go even ask you how many times you dey knack your wife/girlfriend in a week grin
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2017
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2017
brightfuture17:

What is the meaning
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2017
??
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by Florblu(f): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Well, I don't know why they asked you those questions, but I am sure the two aunties talked about you and your family before approaching you.

To your question, you did the right thing and I don't think you divulge too much information about your family well being to them.

May his/ her soul rest in peace.
Re: Did I Handle This Well Please Read by dollytino4real(f): 7:56am On Oct 16, 2017
SmellingAnus:
For those I believe that means well for me, I tell them whether friends or family, for others that are stingy with their personal info , I also become stingy with my personal info... Even Saul in the Bible told his family member about his encounter but he refused telling him that he was going to be King of Israel as Prophesied by Samuel... ( Just be wise when responding to personal details about your life...) If not, then go even ask you how many times you dey knack your wife/girlfriend in a week grin
noted n carried

(1) (Reply)

Ohangwa Welfare Association, The Gambia End Of Year 2017 Party / Why Did Towns Including Bini, Ijebu, Lagos Etc. Accept Or Invited Oba From Ife / Efunsetan Aniwura Writer, Prof Akinwunmi Isola Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.