Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Gabrielle Union Calls Out To Those Who Criticized Rape Victims,says She Was Rape - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gabrielle Union Calls Out To Those Who Criticized Rape Victims,says She Was Rape (367 Views)

Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade Welcome Baby Via Surrogacy (Photos) / Mercy Aigbe Slams 'Nosy' Fan Who Criticized Her Skin Colour / Funke Adesiyan Slams Lady Who Criticized Her Over Her Cleavage-Baring Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gabrielle Union Calls Out To Those Who Criticized Rape Victims,says She Was Rape by MissAprokoMedia(f): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2017
Gabriel union in defence for victims of sexual abuse used herself as an example of been raped at gun point.

Harvey Weinstein‘s, 65, massive fall from power has reignited the debate over the circumstances that lead to sexual assault and inappropriate behavior.

The Big Bang Theory actress Mayim Bialik, 41, wrote an op-ed for the New York Times in which she advises women to dress modestly and avoid flirting with men.

Mayim has since been lambasted for her perspective by Emily Ratajkowski among others.

Now Gabrielle Union, is stepping forward to voice her outrage that some victims of rape and sexual violence are blamed afterward.

“In Hollywood meetings, in homes, hotel lobbies, restaurants, suites, private isolated office space is the norm. No one ‘asked for it!’” she wrote. “Sexual or physical violence, harassment, demeaning language is not the price for seeking or maintaining employment. Period. Reminder. I got raped at work at a Payless shore store. I had on a long tunic & leggings so miss me w/ “dress modestly” sh*t.” Clearly she is referencing Bialik’s op-ed.

She went on to explain that, after her own horrific experience, one of her friends had actually hinted that she might also be responsible.

She said, “Though I was rape by a stranger who raped me at gunpoint after robbing the store, I was still asked by a female ‘friend’ what I had worn.”

Source:http://joelsblog.com.ng/2017/10/gabrielle-union-attacks-people-who-criticize-victims-of-sexual-abuse.html

(1) (Reply)

Selebobo Gives Fans A Hit Track "I Don't Care" (music: Audio/video) / Texas Church Massacre / UK Invents New App That Stops You From Spending Money When You’re Drunk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.