Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. (790 Views)

Why Does Judaism And Christianity Interpret The Hebrew Bible Differently? / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by betterABIAstate: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Many religions like Islam, Judaism, Rastafarism etc also believe in the storyline of the old testament, they believe in the lives Abraham, Moses and that of any other prophets in the old testament. If you read the Quaran, tanakh and Torah (of Judaism), you will see the exact storyline as in the old testament of the Bible. As a matter of fact, the old testament of the Bible is a simpler version of the book of Tanakh (Judaism)

Then what differentiates you as a Christian?
You should believe that nobody gets to the father except through his son, Jesus.

You should accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour and also live by his teachings and his being, else, you are as good as any other person who believes in Abraham, moses and Joshua

According to the teachings of Christianity, you cannot get to the father through Abraham, Moses, Joshua or any other prophet, but only through Jesus Christ. You can only make references to the lives of these prophets, you are not bonded by their morals.

People make these things complicated but it's very simple to understand, the only difficult thing about Christianity is abiding by the teaching of Jesus Christ, that's why the heavenly race is not an easy one. It requires spiritual strength and meticulousness to be able to be a true Christian.

Hebrew 7 vs 18 and 19.

"18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God."
"
Even as Jesus spoke about tithing in Mathew 23:23

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

He never specifically commended the ability of the Pharisees to pay tithe, he was condemning their uncharitable heart, this is not a basis for churches to collect monthly tithes from members.

Why did I go as far as talking about other religions that believe in the the old testament of the Bible? These other religions are not living the life of Christ, living the live of Christ doesn't talk about paying tithe before making heaven, its all about charity. Christians are not living under the law of moses like the Judaists, we are living under the grace of God through his son Jesus (he never paid nor collected tithes).

If we are to live by the deuteronomic laws of Moses, no one who make heaven. These same laws that says one must pay tithe, you also read them telling the isrealite not to barb their beards and not to have clean haircuts, no one can keep to this.

Jesus came to deliver us from the imperfections of the law of Moses, knowing fully well that we can't keep them all. The churches have decided to pick tithe (of the numerous laws) to enslave the children of God yet again in other to enrich themselves.

What makes you a Christian is living the life of chirst and not by obeying law of moses.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by folashade96(f): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
We need more topics like this. I have been having a really bad day and it's good to take my mind off things talking about the stuff that interests me

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Klimaths: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Many religions like Islam, Judaism, Rastafarism etc also believe in the storyline of the old testament, they believe in the lives Abraham, Moses and that of any other prophets in the old testament. If you read the Quaran, tanakh and Torah (of Judaism), you will see the exact storyline as in the old testament of the Bible. As a matter of fact, the old testament of the Bible is a simpler version of the book of Tanakh (Judaism)

Then what differentiates you as a Christian?
You should believe that nobody gets to the father except through his son, Jesus.

You should accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour and also live by his teachings and his being, else, you are as good as any other person who believes in Abraham, moses and Joshua

According to the teachings of Christianity, you cannot get to the father through Abraham, Moses, Joshua or any other prophet, but only through Jesus Christ. You can only make references to the lives of these prophets, you are not bonded by their morals.

People make these things complicated but it's very simple to understand, the only difficult thing about Christianity is abiding by the teaching of Jesus Christ, that's why the heavenly race is not an easy one. It requires spiritual strength and meticulousness to be able to be a true Christian.

Hebrew 7 vs 18 and 19.

"18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God."
"
Even as Jesus spoke about tithing in Mathew 23:23

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

He never specifically commended the ability of the Pharisees to pay tithe, he was condemning their uncharitable heart, this is not a basis for churches to collect monthly tithes from members.

Why did I go as far as talking about other religions that believe in the the old testament of the Bible? These other religions are not living the life of Christ, living the live of Christ doesn't talk about paying tithe before making heaven, its all about charity. Christians are not living under the law of moses like the Judaists, we are living under the grace of God through his son Jesus (he never paid nor collected tithes).

If we are to live by the deuteronomic laws of Moses, no one who make heaven. These same laws that says one must pay tithe, you also read them telling the isrealite not to barb their beards and not to have clean haircuts, no one can keep to this.

Jesus came to deliver us from the imperfections of the law of Moses, knowing fully well that we can't keep them all. The churches have decided to pick tithe (of the numerous laws) to enslave the children of God yet again in other to enrich themselves.

What makes you a Christian is living the life of chirst and not by obeying law of moses.
you just said it all, one will wonder why the bishops and pastors have not come out to explain this portion of the scripture KJV Deuteronomy 14:22:Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
KJV:And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
KJV:And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:
KJV:Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:
KJV:And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
KJV:And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
KJV:At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
KJV:And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy be glorified. Please I really need the bible scholar to come here and explain this passage.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
You are right. The day I discovered that tithing wasn't biblical was the beginning of the end of my faith, because it suggested that all of the highly respected, holiness preaching, miracle working, pastors I looked up to and respected, were liars. They lied against God to make money.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by DangotePikin: 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Seun:
You are right. The day I discovered that tithing wasn't biblical was the beginning of the end of my faith, because it suggested that all of the highly respected, holiness preaching, miracle working, pastors I looked up to and respected, were liars. They lied against God to make money.
so your disbelief in God is as a result of falsehood of men that should know better. I'm not impressed. If I was considering Atheism due to your rational analysis on the supernatural, , this revelation just killed that part of me. Atheists are simply angry at the manner religion is practiced, which is not a sound justification for thier stance.

3 Likes

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Jesuschrist419: 12:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:
hahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Yusfunoble(m): 12:25am On Oct 17, 2017
Tho I'm not a Christian but OP, are they complaining?

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Jesuschrist419: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2017
folashade96:
We need more topics like this. I have been having a really bad day and it's good to take my mind off things talking about the stuff that interests me
grin
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by betterABIAstate: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2017
Yusfunoble:
Tho I'm not a Christian but OP, are they complaining?
don't quote the bible wrongly, we can't live a quiet life when people are bastardizing the gospel of Jesus Christ. We must resist them else it becomes an everlasting norm.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Jacktheripper: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:

This is an erroneous claim.
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by An2elect2(f): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2017
I don't believe there are genuine currencies because I was given fake on my first birthday grin

So now I don't believe there is God because I was deceived into believing the wrong gods from my childhood, Now the most reasonable thing to do is become an atheist...Not!
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by hopara1(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Its obvious this days that bricklayers claims to be professional engineers...pathetic!
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by spartan117(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:
If u belief that they lied against God then I can infer that u belief that God exists. Is that true?
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Daviddson(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:
How can the practice of something that's in the bible not been biblical? That some churches or preachers have made it a cardinal focal point of their messages, does not entirely make it unbiblical. Just the same way that Buhari has focused his entire pursuit on fighting corruption leaving other necessary arms of governance unattended to does not universally make a pursuit of fighting corruption a wrong one.
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Seun(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
DangotePikin:
so your disbelief in God is as a result of falsehood of men that should know better. I'm not impressed. If I was considering Atheism due to your rational analysis on the supernatural, , this revelation just killed that part of me.
This was my first step towards atheism, but it did not make me an atheist. It only made me lose my faith in churches. Another issue for me was software piracy. I couldn't understand why none of the fellowships felt that using pirated software on their computers was a sin. I couldn't imagine that they were in communion with God because I felt God would have made it very clear to them that software piracy was a sin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:

This was my first step towards atheism, but it did not make me an atheist. It only made me lose my faith in most churches. Another issue for me was software piracy. I couldn't understand why none of the fellowships felt that using pirated software on their computers was a sin. I could not imagine that they were in communion with God because I felt that God would have made it clear to them that software piracy was a sin.
Lol
Software piracy is a crime, yes. But a lot of Nigerians are ignorant to this- some of those people you were against might have even felt they did 'the right thing' by going to their local CD vendor and 'buying' it for N200 or so instead of 'pirating' it by copying it from someone else- not knowing they were commuting the same crime.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Mujtahida: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Christianity is the Judaism of the Gentiles.
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by AHCB: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:

This was my first step towards atheism, but it did not make me an atheist. It only made me lose my faith in most churches. Another issue for me was software piracy. I couldn't understand why none of the fellowships felt that using pirated software on their computers was a sin. I couldn't imagine that they were in communion with God because I felt God would have made it very clear to them that software piracy was a sin.
he told them fornication and adultery are sin, but did that stop them from committing it? grin

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Daviddson:
How can the practice of something that's in the bible not been biblical? That some churches or preachers have made it a cardinal focal point of their messages, does not entirely make it unbiblical. Just the same way that Buhari has focused his entire pursuit on fighting corruption leaving other necessary arms of governance unattended to does not universally make a pursuit of fighting corruption a wrong one.
Tithing was not practiced by the apostles and early Christians. There is no passage that says Christians should pay 10% to their income to churches. Even the tithing of the Jews in the Old Testament was very different from what churches demand today. It wasn't an income tax.

spartan117:
If u belief that they lied against God then I can infer that u belief that God exists. Is that true?
People often think and talk about fictional characters (e.g. Jon Snow) as if they actually exist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Daviddson(m): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2017
Seun:

Tithing was not practiced by the apostles and early Christians. There is no passage that says Christians should pay 10% to their income to churches. Even the tithing of the Jews in the Old Testament was very different from what churches demand today. It wasn't an income tax.
There was no record of the apostles or the early church having choir, but having choirs in churches today doesn't make it unbiblical. Would you say we are practicing old testament worship by having musical group a core part of every church service today? I don't expect you to answer that since you're not a Christian. The answer is in the negative.
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Seun(m): 6:15am On Oct 18, 2017
Daviddson:
There was no record of the apostles or the early church having choir, but having choirs in churches today doesn't make it unbiblical. Would you say we are practicing old testament worship by having musical group a core part of every church service today? I don't expect you to answer that since you're not a Christian. The answer is in the negative.
Having a choir isn’t unbiblical but telling people that God expects every Christian to join the choir is unbiblical. Similarly, it is not unbiblical for a Christian to voluntarily choose to pay 10% of her income to her church, but it is unbiblical to teach that God requires it of every Christian.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by hakeem4(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2017
i stopped paying tithe after hearing some pastors making statements like " pay your tithe so things wont be tight for you "

you cannot use my money to complete the money you have to buy your private jet

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by Daviddson(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Seun:

Having a choir isn’t unbiblical but telling people that God expects every Christian to join the choir is unbiblical. Similarly, it is not unbiblical for a Christian to voluntarily choose to pay 10% of her income to her church, but it is unbiblical to teach that God requires it of every Christian.
It's not every Old Testament injunction that the coming of the New Testament has done away with. I believe one of such is the principle of tithing. Another of such is the set of basic law God gave the Israelites commonly referred to as the Ten Commandments. It's still a part of the Christian creed till date.
Re: Tithe Is Not Christianity, Tithe Is More Of Judaism And Rastafarism. by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2017
I sent you an email. Kindly check sir.
Seun:

(1) (Reply)

Tithe And Offering: Christian Pastors Vs Muslim Alfas / Rccg Sunday School, Sunday 21 January 2018 / Why Did Jesus Made This Statement On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.