Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People (479 Views)

Nowhere In The Bible Or Talmud Is The Star Of David Referenced / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon / Do You Read Your Bible Or You Give The Work To Your Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People by aribisala0(m): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2017
I have read the Bible because I was told it wwas the word of God. In fact I have read it so many times. If I have not read it at all I have read it from cover to cover 20 times. I still do this at least 2 times a year .This is equally true for the Quran. I read them because they contain many good and useful stories and much wisdom too. They also help me to understand the history of the middle East where both books originate. I read the bible first as a child and so I grew up believing in the story of the Garden of Eden ,Adam and Eve etc. In fact I believed the Garden of Eden too was in the Middle East and that life started in the middle East. I believed the story of Noah and his Ark with all the animals sheltered from the deluge and alluvial wrath of God while the rest of Humanity was obliterated. The Bible goes on to tell stories of how God chose the Hebrews specially ,apart and above all mankind for undisclosed reasons. Saw them enslaved in Egypt and later released them miraculously.
As I got older I realized that there were similar stories here in Africa but also across the world and so I continue to read widely. I discovered that there were written records across the area know as the Levant with variations of many stories in the Bible that were either older than the Bible or contemporaneous.Eventually I concluded that many of this Bible stories were not and could not be factually true.They must be allegorical and if they are valid as allegories then our own myths of Ogisos with the Edo Oduduwa from the Sky Vishnu from India are equally valid allegories. I no longer would accept the story of Hebrews as chosen specially and above everyone else>They can believe that just like Messi believes he is the best so does Ronaldo. To say God said one is the best or the other is just not true. Te main difference is our people did not discover writing and many of their stories or allegories were kept as "secrets" for the initiated and mostly for men.

Of course I still wanted to believe in God but I was bride brainwashed to believe God could not be found among Africans so I studied the Quran. This time unlike the bible it has one author but the traditions and origins are the same i.e with the Old Testament.
The main difference is the Quran is an attempt to free Arabs from the inferiority engendered by the doctrine that the Hebrews are chosen by God. In fact the Quran repeats that idea but shifts to indicate God has lost patience with Hebrews and rejected them. Other than than it offere little new in Theological ideas. It is simple. There is only one God : Allah. Worship and obey him and go to Paradise ,fail to do so and burn for ever. The way to worship him is to follow my teachings(Muhammad) otherwise it shamelessly plagiarizes from sources that existed already in the region most notably the Torah

Research has shown conclusively that Human life did not start in the Middle East but in Africa there is little doubt about that anymore . If we are to believe there is such a God as the books suggest then that God started his relationship with man in Africa not in the Levant or Mesopotamia and yet these two books give no account whatsoever of anything relevant to black people or Africa.
It became clear to me that those books are the stories of their people and while it is not for me to go about slating them they are NOT for us Black Africans and NOTHING to do with us
Where they become a problem to and for us is when they require and force us to totally delete our own stories thereby making eternal slaves of us.We must see that for what it is and call it by its name

No one has seen God in a way that is incontrovertible or acceptable to all of mankind.Many have their own claims and they are entitled to them but please allow us too to have our own stories. Our own stories are better for us. If we must go on pilgrimmages let us do so in Africa

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People by richeeyo(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2017
Black man never kept records
Even till today
Re: Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People by iamgenius(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:
I have read the Bible because I was told it wwas the word of God. In fact I have read it so many times. If I have not read it at all I have read it from cover to cover 20 times. I still do this at least 2 times a year .This is equally true for the Quran. I read them because they contain many good and useful stories and much wisdom too. They also help me to understand the history of the middle East where both books originate. I read the bible first as a child and so I grew up believing in the story of the Garden of Eden ,Adam and Eve etc. In fact I believed the Garden of Eden too was in the Middle East and that life started in the middle East. I believed the story of Noah and his Ark with all the animals sheltered from the deluge and alluvial wrath of God while the rest of Humanity was obliterated. The Bible goes on to tell stories of how God chose the Hebrews specially ,apart and above all mankind for undisclosed reasons. Saw them enslaved in Egypt and later released them miraculously.
As I got older I realized that there were similar stories here in Africa but also across the world and so I continue to read widely. I discovered that there were written records across the area know as the Levant with variations of many stories in the Bible that were either older than the Bible or contemporaneous.Eventually I concluded that many of this Bible stories were not and could not be factually true.They must be allegorical and if they are valid as allegories then our own myths of Ogisos with the Edo Oduduwa from the Sky Vishnu from India are equally valid allegories. I no longer would accept the story of Hebrews as chosen specially and above everyone else>They can believe that just like Messi believes he is the best so does Ronaldo. To say God said one is the best or the other is just not true. Te main difference is our people did not discover writing and many of their stories or allegories were kept as "secrets" for the initiated and mostly for men.

Of course I still wanted to believe in God but I was bride brainwashed to believe God could not be found among Africans so I studied the Quran. This time unlike the bible it has one author but the traditions and origins are the same i.e with the Old Testament.
The main difference is the Quran is an attempt to free Arabs from the inferiority engendered by the doctrine that the Hebrews are chosen by God. In fact the Quran repeats that idea but shifts to indicate God has lost patience with Hebrews and rejected them. Other than than it offere little new in Theological ideas. It is simple. There is only one God : Allah. Worship and obey him and go to Paradise ,fail to do so and burn for ever. The way to worship him is to follow my teachings(Muhammad) otherwise it shamelessly plagiarizes from sources that existed already in the region most notably the Torah

Research has shown conclusively that Human life did not start in the Middle East but in Africa there is little doubt about that anymore . If we are to believe there is such a God as the books suggest then that God started his relationship with man in Africa not in the Levant or Mesopotamia and yet these two books give no account whatsoever of anything relevant to black people or Africa.
It became clear to me that those books are the stories of their people and while it is not for me to go about slating them they are NOT for us Black Africans and NOTHING to do with us
Where they become a problem to and for us is when they require and force us to totally delete our own stories thereby making eternal slaves of us.We must see that for what it is and call it by its name

No one has seen God in a way that is incontrovertible or acceptable to all of mankind.Many have their own claims and they are entitled to them but please allow us too to have our own stories. Our own stories are better for us. If we must go on pilgrimmages let us do so in Africa
What do you wanted to do now? You have your brain up there, use it wisely and sincerely. Any reference regarding human life starting from Africa?

The main difference is the Quran is an attempt to free Arabs from the inferiority engendered by the doctrine that the Hebrews are chosen by God.

Where is that written in the Quran?
Re: Is The God Of The Bible Or The Quran For Black People by Hier(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
Is the evolution theory postulated by a foreigner for black people

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(wed. 18/10/2017) Hope In These Last Days / 6 Daily Routine To Keep Yourself Away From Temptations And Sin / What Is A Night Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.