Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix (7187 Views)

Diary Of My Boarboel X Rottweiler Cross Cesar / If You Have A Boerboel/rottweiler Mix Can u Please Post A Pic So I Can See? / Boerboel-rottweiler Mix Pups For Sale At Give Away Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by prince2much(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Tinnytony24(m): 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
No b me go ever crossbreed my dog again.... D last result was jst too embarrassing cry

2 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
What happened??
Tinnytony24:
No b me go ever crossbreed my dog again.... D last result was jst too embarrassing cry
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by forreelinc(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
grin op na wetin be this

http://prntscr.com/gz2blg

3 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
I actually got a Mix cuz I wanted to breed a kind of taller Rottweiler
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Tinnytony24(m): 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
What happened??
Caucasian x kangal... Dog was born with a shapless head... Had to kill it

3 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss. Let hope mine turns out as planned.
Tinnytony24:
Caucasian x kangal... Dog was born with a shapless head... Had to kill it
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Tinnytony24(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
Amen bro... Amen!!
Shinkolanzy:

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Greene66: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
Shinkolanzy:

It would not go as planned. Because of a taller rottweiler you are about to make useless, the breed efficiency of the Rottweiler.

You realize that there is more to a dog than looks. That GSD isn't going to offer any improvement to the breed. So you shouldn't have mixed. To get a taller rott, there are tall rott to buy
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
But sorry, I did my research b4 venturing into it& Rott × Gsd hybrid are two very compatible breeds. The gsd is a v. Strong breed so as the rott it's not like I'm crossing a great Dane with a Lhasa. I understand where you coming from anyways(not always good to have a crossed breed dog).Thanks for your time to advice, I really appreciate.
Greene66:

It would not go as planned. Because of a taller rottweiler you are about to make useless, the breed efficiency of the Rottweiler.

You realize that there is more to a dog than looks. That GSD isn't going to offer any improvement to the breed. So you shouldn't have mixed. To get a taller rott, there are tall rott to buy
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
When she was a year old (1year old)

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by mebad(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
You are going to end up with a mutt . You already have a dog with negligible resemblance with a Rott. Mating her with a Rott will be a disaster . You will just be creating a bunch of ugly , unappealing dogs .
Trust me bro , you will not be inventing anything new with your plan of mixing a mutt Gsd with a Rott .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thanks a lot.... So I should just mate her with a gsd right?
mebad:
You are going to end up with a mutt . You already have a dog with negligible resemblance with a Rott. Mating her with a Rott will be a disaster . You will just be creating a bunch of ugly , unappealing dogs .
Trust me bro , you will not be inventing anything new with your plan of mixing a mutt Gsd with a Rott .
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
But sorry, I did my research b4 venturing into it& Rott × Gsd hybrid are two very compatible breeds. The gsd is a v. Strong breed so as the rott it's not like I'm crossing a great Dane with a Lhasa. I understand where you coming from anyways(not always good to have a crossed breed dog).Thanks for your time to advice, I really appreciate.
I beg to differ. I can't see any decent looking Pup coming from a Rott x GSD.

Both dogs are structurally different. While the well bred GSD from a good pedigree has an athletic and agile body build, a pedigree Rott has a more studier and muscular body.

Rather than Rott x GSD, consider Rott x Boer Boel or Rott x Bull Mastiff if at all you have to cross. Boer Boel's and Bull Mastiff's have a body build akin to the Rottweiler. Since you have interest in height, the Bull Mastiff can offer you a decent few inches.

Pls if you are breeding for sale/starting a kennel business, go for pure breeds.

6 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
I've decided to cross her with a pure breed GSD, how about that? I should get a full GSD pups thou, since she has a GSD physique
Bubewilson:
I beg to differ. I can't see any decent looking Pup coming from a Rott x GSD.

Both dogs are structurally different. While the well bred GSD from a good pedigree has an athletic and agile body build, a pedigree Rott has a more studier and muscular body.

Rather than Rott x GSD, consider Rott x Boer Boel or Rott x Bull Mastiff if at all you have to cross. Boer Boel's and Bull Mastiff's have a body build akin to the Rottweiler. Since you have interest in height, the Bull Mastiff can offer you a decent few inches.

Pls if you are breeding for sale/starting a kennel business, go for pure breeds.
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Greene66: 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Shinkolanzy:

Nothing good will come out of a rott gsd mix. Gsd is not as strong as you think. This I tell you. Instead keep the GSD bloodline by mating a gsd not a Rott.

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thanks a lot.... I'm sticking to a GSD
Greene66:

Nothing good will come out of a rott gsd mix. Gsd is not as strong as you think. This I tell you. Instead keep the GSD bloodline by mating a gsd not a Rott.

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
I've decided to cross her with a pure breed GSD, how about that? I should get a full GSD pups thou, since she has a GSD physique
Well, it doesn't always work like that.. But you might get better looking pups since she looks more like GSD.

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by yommen: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
lobbyshh.

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by WanyeKest: 12:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
When she was a year old (1year old)

Blud of Zakaraya!

this one is not gsd oh
maybe g but not sd

2 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Wristler: 1:03am On Oct 18, 2017
See them... .these are the Kazeems of Pet section. undecided undecidedSMH

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2017
Lolz... .haba na... Is she that bad ni??
WanyeKest:

Blud of Zakaraya!

this one is not gsd oh
maybe g but not sd
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Eveezy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2017
If you must cross this Dog, a Gsd will be more appropriate. It looks more like a gsd

3 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thanks a lot, you guys are the best �
Eveezy:
If you must cross this Dog, a Gsd will be more appropriate. It looks more like a gsd
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by WanyeKest: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
Thanks a lot, you guys are the best �

Best kor Better ni
You dinnor know
Is after you mix gsd with rott abi ekuke
You're now advertising

If I see you in 6mnths time selling this dogs puppies , I'll report you to your President sad grin

3 Likes

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Lmao grin I just ever loved rott& gsd mix right from time. I've owned a gsd thou, a male years back... Na since I don day talk say my next na gsd and rott mix.. ..I don't now understand why everyone is hating on this beautiful hybrids
WanyeKest:

Best kor Better ni
You dinnor know
Is after you mix gsd with rott abi ekuke
You're now advertising

If I see you in 6mnths time selling this dogs puppies , I'll report you to your President sad grin
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:43am On Oct 19, 2017
What do you get when you cross two of the most popular protection dog in history? The best of both worlds, of course! The German Shepherd Rottweiler Mix is a powerful animal that is super smart. It is one of the most sought after protection dog mixes in the world, and for good reason. While some people believe these animals are over aggressive, with proper training these animals can be great companion dogs. While not recommended for families with small children, this dog will make a loyal pet for an adult. But remember with all dogs, each and every animal can have different temperaments. So learning everything about your dog is the best way to know if they are going to be overly aggressive or not.

A Truly Smart Dog That Will Learn Fast
The German Shepherd Rottweiler Mix has been known for their intelligence which helps when it comes time to train them. These dogs will become large animals and very dominant if not worked with at a young age. So remember to start training your dog at a young age. This will let your dog know who is in charge and they will look at you as the pack leader instead of just one of the members.

It’s also a great idea to teach your German Shepherd Rottweiler Mix to socialize with other animals. This will teach them not to be aggressive to other pets that may be in the home. You may want to avoid adopting an adult dog if you don’t know its history. A dog that hasn’t been worked with can be aggressive and fiercely independent.

This Dog Isn’t For Everyone
While this dog is great for both protection and companionship, they can be hard to handle if you don’t have enough time to spend with them. These animals have to be worked with in order for them to reach their potential. Also if you live in a small apartment, these dogs probably aren’t going to be happy because they are very active and needs lots of space to run around. Without proper exercise you might come home to find that your beloved pooch has eaten your leather couch.

So if you have the room and you have the time to spend with a German Shepherd Rottweiler Mix, this could be the perfect pet for you. A loyal companion that will stand by your side through thick and thin.

One of the reasons I did what I did oh Nairalanders... Everyone with their drives sha, wink thou I got the traits I wanted . They are more of a guard& hunting dogs

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Just coming out real to show the beautiful creature I've got. There's always nothing to lie for about breeds. She's a GSD ROT mix, everyone should know her story now smiley rather than she littering and I come up saying she's a full breed something. I will need a v. Reputable and big GSD for mating by next year February thou... Pls, everyone should put me in mind...
I didn't want to cross her in just 1year of age, I'm not really money driven(thou I should make a living out of my passion anyways) Until she's 2of age & she's a little bit matured. Everyone should get their fingers crossed and expect beautiful puppies as time unfolds in anticipation. wink
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by WanyeKest: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
di you stay in Lagos

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by Shinkolanzy: 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Yes.. ..m based in Lagos
WanyeKest:
di you stay in Lagos
Re: My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix by rumenase(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2017
Shinkolanzy:
Lmao grin I just ever loved rott& gsd mix right from time. I've owned a gsd thou, a male years back... Na since I don day talk say my next na gsd and rott mix.. ..I don't now understand why everyone is hating on this beautiful hybrids

to me there is nothing beautiful about hybrid dogs they are like lost people without identity if yu love mix breeds so much keep it to your self and enjoy it all alone normally yu are not even supposed to breed with that dog except maybe yu are trying to develop a new breed and in that case yu don't sell to the public not trying to cross a hybrid dog with a GSD and hope to get a full GSD pup since yu love hybrids a lot keep them to your self and enjoy them all by yourself. #peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!! I Bought This Dogs Today... / 6 Months Old German Shepherd For Sale!!! #giveawayprice!!! / Dog For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.