Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? (557 Views)

Jesus Never Existed. It Is A Roman Fabrication / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by PhuckJesus666: 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
This is something a lot of Christians and Muslims take for granted that has always weirded me out. I don't believe that a god exists, but in the scenario that one DID exist, particularly the Abrahamic/Semitic god of the Bible, Quran, etc. God, Bog, Allah, Yahweh, Elohim, Waaq, etc., Why on earth would it be a given that we Humans worship or follow them?

Think about it. The god of the Bible, particularly of the Old Testament, is a cruel, murderous, racist, hateful and unforgiving celestial tyrant. He (presuming, as above that "he" actually exists, and that "he" is not just the manifestations of the mind of a violent Bronze Age tribesman) commands the slaughter of entire tribes, entire nations. The God of the Bible and Quran endorses the vilest of wars involving massacre, raping and sex slavery, infanticide and cultural obliteration.

Just listen to this monstrous verse. I DARE any Christian, any Muslim who is not a member of fcking ISIS to defend this abomination:

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Enslavement, mass murder, raping, plunder. Is this revolting sky monster "god" worthy of worship by modern, sane, respectful and intelligent human beings? NO!

Christians have repeatedly pondered over the reasons for Adam and Eve eating an apple from the tree of Knowledge despite God's warning. What is never questioned is why god forbid them to begin with. In fact, why did God forbid half the things "he" did? Why did God forbid men from having sex with one another (Leviticus 20:13) but them demand that a rape victim must marry their rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)? The reasoning is because "god said so". That's circular logic. "We follow god's commands because he said them" is completely stupid and servile. God did not specify any reason why Adam or Eve shouldn't have touched that apple. Should they have gone along with what he said due to his position of power over them? Then that's just tyranny. That just makes god no different from a dictator - an arbitrary, cruel overlord who maliciously punishes those amongst his creations who dare to show even the faintest inkling of intelligence.

The concept of God is so utterly archaic. The concept of an overlord, a big brother, who demands worship and adherence on the basis of power, violence and eternal punishment, is something that human ideologies have struggled ruthlessly against since the beginnings of civilisation Even if the Christian god or the Muslim god existed, what self-respecting, mindful, worldly person would get on their knees and prostrate before them? Not I.

1 Like

Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by PhuckJesus666: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hail satan!

1 Like

Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by SuperSuave(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
"His ways are divine and unfathomable" - That's what they always say.
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by PhuckJesus666: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
SuperSuave:
"His ways are divine and unfathomable" - That's what they always say.

Pfft. That's just weasel words for "shut up and don't question". It's certainly not a case for worshipping the bastard!
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by princy80(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
The God in the Bible did all that because of 'love'...
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by policy12: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hmmm so what is ur point Op?
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by PhuckJesus666: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
policy12:

Hmmm so what is ur point Op?

My point is my point! Even supposing the existence of the god of Christianity or Islam, that god is still a vile, horrible, tyrannical creature that does not deserve prayer, worship or veneration!

I thought I had made that point clear in the opening post of this thread. Need I demonstrate my point any further?
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by policy12: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
PhuckJesus666:

My point is my point! Even supposing the existence of the god of Christianity or Islam, that god is still a vile, horrible, tyrannical creature that does not deserve prayer, worship or veneration!

I thought I had made that point clear in the opening post of this thread. Need I demonstrate my point any further?

Now I understand...
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by STUPUDTHEISTS: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
Most Christians are aware of the bully they called a god, but they can't question because of fear - you know Yahweh got a long rap for gratuitous killings, so getting on his black book is not a good idea. Lol

I should say this without equivocation, should the Bible god turned out to be real - the possibility is less than 0.1, I'd stick up my middle finger and flip him off. I'm fully aware he'd kill me afterwards, but I'd rather die than worship him for all the atrocities he committed in the Bible.

One of early founding fathers while Christianity doctrines was being drafted argued for the removal of the old testament god from their religion. Sadly, he lost the argument, and that happened to be their bane today - having to defend a malevolent dick like Yahweh daily.

1 Like

Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by PhuckJesus666: 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
Most Christians are aware of the bully they called a god, but they can't question because of fear - you know Yahweh got a long rap for gratuitous killings, so getting on his black book is not a good idea. Lol

I should say this without equivocation, should the Bible god turned out to be real - the possibility is less than 0.1, I'd stick up my middle finger and flip him off. I'm fully aware he'd kill me afterwards, but I'd rather die than worship him for all the atrocities he committed in the Bible.

One of early founding fathers while Christianity doctrines was being drafted argued for the removal of the old testament god from their religion. Sadly, he lost the argument, and that happened to be their bane today - having to defend a malevolent dick like Yahweh daily.

Yes, the Old Testament version of the Abrahamic god is definitely the most vile, worse even than Allah I think.
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 18, 2017
'Because the bible told us to' lol. grin
Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by vaxx: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2017
In actual sense, we don't really worship God, but God himself is worshipping us. How?

Look at the gift of life, Gift of the sunlight, what about the air we breath in and out, what of water..and last a planet that support life existence. This is enough to proof that God is serving us instead of us serving him. The only request he is expecting from us is obeyance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If God Existed, Why Should We Humans Worship Them? by NairalandSARS: 9:27am On Oct 18, 2017
If God created you for the sole purpose to worship him, then it would be foolish not to.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Prays For Man’s Penis, Forces Him To Have Sex With His Wife Live TV (vid) / An Arab Muslim Cleric Who Was Invited By A Pastor For Christmas Hear His Respons / Catholic Priest Arms Self With AK47 Riffle On Pulpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.