Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,162 members, 7,864,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

#dearmentee, Stop Being A Photocopy! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #dearmentee, Stop Being A Photocopy! (337 Views)

FOF: Stop Being Fearful And Make Up Your Mind To Write Exams... / Good Read; Stop Being Afraid To Tell People How You Feel / Do You Know That Photocopy Machine Does Not Exist? Check Out For Correct Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#dearmentee, Stop Being A Photocopy! by Natural2017: 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
#DearMentee,

Stop being a Photocopy!

You see, in this day and age of television, radio, internet, social media etc, one of the most difficult things for most people to do is to BE ORIGINAL! Somehow, you find yourself following everybody else but yourself and sadly, you don’t even realize it. As a female, you copy #Beyonce, #Rihanna, #NickiMinaj etc, you wear all the ‘fine’ green, blue, pink, red #Brazilian or Peruvian hair…you wear layers and layers of makeup, you dress and walk, talk and slay like your ‘idol’! You forget that the consequence of acting like them is that you lose yourself/your identity and #JustSoYouKnow, there are predators out there that will gladly pounce on you, take advantage of and devour you.

As a guy, you walk, dress, talk, act like Wizkid, T-Pain, Yung 6ix, Solid Star etc…even your hair is copied from them! I have just one question for you… while you are busy being a photocopy, who is going to be the original you? Listen and listen carefully, no matter how well you copy them, YOU WILL NEVER BE THEM. Have you ever heard it said that a photocopy is so good that it is better than the original? No sir, no matter how good the photocopy is, it will remain a PHOTOCOPY!

Dear mentee, just imagine for a second that a fish woke up one morning and decided that since it admires the monkey so very much, he will now begin to climb trees like its idol, the monkey. What do you think the result of this venture will be? A monumental failure of course! Why? Because the fish was created to be an ORIGINAL FISH but instead it chose to be a photocopy of the ORIGINAL MONKEY and obviously, it will take a miracle for it not to die in the process.

My dear mentee, a lot of people have gone down this road only to realize when it is almost too late that they have made a most terrible mistake. Some just simply believe it is too late to turn back and make amends, ending up in their doom! Look, listen and listen carefully, if you are already on this track, STOP, TURN AROUND, FIND YOUR PATH and WALK IT! You see, if you do not walk your path on this earth, then your journey here has been USELESS! No one will do it for you and you will not make any credible, lasting impact and of course, the world will not remember that you were ever here!

My dear mentee, If I were you, I will walk, talk, and work my path and carve an indelible print in history forever. Finally, I leave you with the words of Bernadette Peters “You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?”

Until we talk again next week, be the best you can be…

#Live…#Love...#Laugh…

Your mentor

George Natural Onuorah

(1) (Reply)

The Broad And Narrow Mind / Is This Possible? / Electrical Transient And Analysis Program, Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.