Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:11 AM

Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri (519 Views)

Bayo Sina Babarinde: Photos Of RCCG Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Kwara State / Vikings Member Shot Dead By Rival Cult Group (Disturbing Photos) / Vigilante Member Shot By Armed Robbers While Trailing Them. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Neminc: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2017
A serving member of the National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, Ekene Uwaoma Martins was on Monday killed by some unknown gunmen in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The 23-year-old was shot dead around 8.30pm at Ama-wire Junction, while he was returning to his residence, alongside a friend, MacDonald.

Ekene a 2016 graduate of History and International Studies from the Imo State University, Owerri, was serving at Ogun state for his one year National Youths Service Corps programme.

It was learnt that four men bearing arms waylaid Ekene and his friend MacDonald, demanding for mobile phones.

On his refusal to release his phones, gunmen shot Ekene on his chest and ran away.

He was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, where he was confirmed dead.

Ekene was said to have come to the state to visit his mother, Mrs. Mary Uwaoma, when he was murdered.

The state Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, confirming the incident said investigations were ongoing and that the culprits will be apprehended soon and charged to court.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/18/corps-member-shot-dead-gunmen-owerri/

Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Chai...alo owerri murumn undecided

Ganudo nwanna cry
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by BlackDBagba: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2017
RIP
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by VoltageDivida(m): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Bet wy?
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Tweetysparkles(f): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2017
OMG! bet y na? rip to the dude, God console the family cry
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Yeligray(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2017
All these people forming hard men why not give them the phone afterall he would have still lived to buy another one.. What a waste... R.I.P
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by biacan(f): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2017
Owerri again...... rip
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Seeker17(m): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Refusing to do the bidding of gunmen esp. when u don't have an alternative plan is plain stupidity!
Nevertheless what will be will be!
Rip Corper. May ur killers never find peace.. Ever!
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Kylekent59: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2017
I remembered the day some guys stopped me and asked for my phone @ douglas,dat was 2014, I just kuku gave them. When dis life be vanity upon vanity.
They took my phone ,God blesses with new one.
All these people that kill their fellow being,they don't even know the consequence after they die.

Commandment 5
Thou shall not KILL
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by mikky4764(f): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2017
But why did he refused to give the armed men his phone, how much is a phone compared to life?
Re: Corps Member Shot Dead By Gunmen In Owerri by Pierohandsome: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
Stupidity to the core! Wht is phone? I ws waylaid by some criminals around 2014 too jst close to my house and demanded my phone, i gave them my 2 mobile phones and even gave them my wallet that they didnt even request , that ws around 11pm. Today i have made some millions, and used countless number of sophisticated phones and tablets.
He is plain stupid

(1) (Reply)

100-level OAU Student Who Wanted To See God Kills Herself Over Poor Grades / SMH! Father Kills His 14-year-old Son Because He Didn't Want To Have A Gay Son / ‘I Sold 17-yr-old Girl’s Parts For N8,500’ – Suspected Ritualist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.