Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. (46084 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / Meet Dr. Timothy Aneke Who Ordered The Shaving Of Covenant University Students / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Promismike(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2017
K
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2017
Make we go hug transformer? ok

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by marlerya: 8:07am On Oct 19, 2017
I.T Training and Certification Online,
Click here ≥>> http://dimoch.com/stgapply.html
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Statsocial must be a consultant to d university. He has done well in image laundering and management.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by mypains: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Statsocial:

Clearly this should be obj. How this two ppl are still friends I really don't know either lol

But Honestly, The kind of high profile people covenant has annoyed by expelling their kids ehn. If not for the fact that Oyedepo is influential they would have come after that university. Like the way I heard he blasted an NUC official who seem to insinuate he needed a gift for favorable appraisal must have been very legendary or one student who was being arrogant because his father is a senator the man allegedly said "I know Presidents of Nations, your father is a nobody".

The thing is sha if there are ppl who Nigerian politicians fear they are religious leaders because of how they can easily destroy your destiny if they go report you to their congregation. Politicians fear congregations because of their numbers and apart from that they would usually have members scattered across the Legislature, Executive, Judiciary and private sector who can easily fight you. You just look at the number of millions of people who attend Holy Ghost congress as a politician and you just tell yourself "it ain't worth it fighting against dis church".

Lwkmd... Bros Choi!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by ivolt: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2017
wittyt98:
OK ..can I go eat a pussy now?

SMH
You could have passed since the topic is above your intellect.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Dearlord(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Long story on the adopted son
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
I just dey hear big big money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by AlanSugar(m): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Op, which one of you is a stammerer, yourself, oyedepo or the interviewer?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by joenor(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2017
my dear I dey tell you... back then in my poly day... we rock jor.
BornnAgainChild:
My collegue that year no gree person rest...CU this CU that undecided

Whether Bishop like make e reduce am pass as e be...Poly still rocks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2017
Statsocial:

Leave God behind, you are empty, throw integrity to the trashcan, you are finished, lack sacrifice, you can- not be a successful leader; a sacri- fice gives his best and beyond his best to lead a cause in which he believes.

that is what we do with the Core Values. Examina- tion malpractice culminates in summary dismissal from our sys- tem, we cannot be raising people who will deal with corruption and are corrupt themselves.

Examina- tion malpractice at 500 level, no mercy! We are convinced that he has been doing it since 100 lev- el otherwise there would not be need to do it at 500 level, and we have a psychological basis for that.

There is no way you will go for ex- amination malpractice at 500 level in Engineering, if you have been passing your exams since 100 level. So we are also out to sanitize the intellectual platform of our na- tion.

https://educationexplorersite./2017/10/18/bishop-oyedepo-my-adopted-son-was-also-thrown-out-of-covenant-university/

Wow! Am impressed! I must admit that Oyedepo is doing well in education!

I have no complain except their fees!

How do the less privileged also benefits from this moulding of great and unquestionable character
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2017
joenor:
my dear I dey tell you... back then in my poly day... we rock jor.

kiss wink
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Antoeni(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Who is this one deceiving?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by wittyt98(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2017
ivolt:

SMH
You could have passed since the topic is above your intellect.
same way you should have ignored since my comment is above your intellect

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by melejo(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Great one sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by ivolt: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2017
wittyt98:
same way you should have ignored since my comment is above your intellect

Sorry to burst your bubble, even the lowest animals understand sex
but it takes a man with a brain to process and contribute to
this kind of article.

Now move on to sexuality session to showcase your expertise.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by AlanSugar(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Complete fool. I have always said it. Most male children of nowadays are completely useless and totally worthless! All they live for is pussy. Shame! Did you see any female make this kind of post?
Women are becoming stronger and focused while most male children of this generation are becoming more worthless by the day. Just living for pussy. No vision, no plan for their lives.

Hmmm, you were no better when you were his age so abeg jump am pass but I hope he's learnt a thing or two here. Some women his age or older are worse, only their body language can betray them but outside that, they're unimaginable.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by melejo(m): 8:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Wow! Am impressed! I must admit that Oyedepo is doing well in education!

I have no complain except their fees!

How do the less privileged also benefits from this moulding of great and unquestionable character
There are annual scholarships. The school will become like our government schools is open free for all

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by wittyt98(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2017
ivolt:

Sorry to burst your bubble, even the lowest animals understand sex
but it takes a man with a brain to process and contribute to
this kind of article.

Now move on to sexuality session to showcase your expertise.
mr brains if I don't move on kill yourself

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2017
melejo:
There are annual scholarships. The school will become like our government schools is open free for all
Okay. The scholarship is equally a good idea.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by elknice: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2017
*AWOOF TRAVEL DEALS*��������✈��

*Hot Deal Alert-* Emirate Airline: 
When can I book: Until 31st October
When can I travel: till 10th December
*Lagos - Dubai - Lagos*
*NGN 247,542*
www.travelstart.com.ng/?affId=207854

*​Book Now for your 2weeks, 1month or 3month Tourist DUBAI VISA​* ✈�⛵����������

*Hot Deal Alert-* Etihad Airline: 
When can I book: Until 26th October
When can I travel: till 10th November
*Lagos - Newyork - Lagos*
*NGN 298,500*

www.travelstart.com.ng/?affId=207854

*Other hot deals of the week:*
Lagos - Abuja on Air Peace, Return flights from NGN 41,148

Port Harcourt - Abuja on Air Peace, Return flights from NGN 41,148

Ts&Cs * subject to availability

*CLICK �� to grab your awoof travel deal*- www.travelstart.com.ng/?affId=207854

*Group*
https:///4FatYq7d5CJ1Q47wumJcc9
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by eboweme: 8:52am On Oct 19, 2017
HYPOCRITES......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Statsocial:

CU's expenditure is growing way too fast by the years. It is not advisable to take the fees down so low. Would the church be able to keep up? We are talking about wage bill, infrastructure, maintenance, conference support(local and international), research grant, consultancy fees, logistics, Electricity, Journal subscription(1,000USD per int document, N50k per local doc) etc.
Already the Church supports with at least 2 billion per year. Last year, 2015/2016 they gave close to 10 billion for Research center and PG hall of residence. And would still presumably pay landmark and Covenant university for 200 students that are on scholarship under the David Oyedepo scholarship scheme. So the church is trying abeg.
so u saying d church is nt making maximum profit from the institution.. ntoor..Wu is deceiving wu
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by eyinjuege: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2017
Gozbrown:
U are doing a great work, u can make it even beta by reducing fees paid dere (30k won't b bad for a start). God bless u

30k won't be able to maintain the school.

Don't even talk of tithes and offerings as that cannot maintain the school either. The kind of money they spend on infrastructure is something else.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
The govt schools can be encouraged to improve standards. Even at that, fees will go higher than expected.
If the govt gives their universities complete autonomy, and stop paying salaries allowing them to run themselves, their school fees will be higher than covenant.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by NicoBaba(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2017
wittyt98:
k ... can I go eat more pussy now?
lmfao..

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2017
Statsocial:
The heartbeat of the Chancellor, Landmark University, Dr David Oyedepo, for exhibiting excellence in human endeavors is palpable. His well-articulated ideas towards achieving the excellent feat are golden and as convinc- ing as ever, notable of his erudite mien. Unmistaken is his passion for the transformation of humanity in alignment with the precept of God.

He is frantic in his commit- ment towards creating platforms for generating solutions that are requisite for improving the educa- tional landscape of Nigeria and the continent of Africa. His quest for redeeming the image of the black race via development of leadership capacity and spearhead- ing of an agricultural revolution led to the establishment of Landmark University with a highly competi- tive learning environment for all students, who are groomed through the custom built programmes such as Total Man Concept, Towards a Total Graduate and Agripreneur- ship packages, the unique sell- ing points of the University.

Dr Oyedepo’s huge investments and impacts in this regard have offered students and Faculty ample access to the top-notch teaching and re- search facilities in the University that keeps receiving great acco- lades in her drive for a world class status. In this interview, the Chan- cellor bears his mind on why the Core Values of the University have essentially remained a remarkable force to be reckoned with globally and the undying quest for the reali- zation of the University’s agrarian mandate.

Excerpts: 1.
Interviewer: The seven Core Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mental- ity, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice have remained major at- traction to the parents who have willingly sent their children and wards to the University. How do you plan to sustain these values in a changing environment that uni- versity education is facing with strong regulatory environment under which universities operate?

Chancellor: The Core Values were drawn from the background of the need to raise changed people who will change their world. We are poised to bring back to the fore the character di- mension of learning at the Univer- sity level, like we usually say they are found worthy in character and learning. There has been zero at- tention to character when we came onboard, so we needed to create a platform that helps enhance the character aspect of learning and it is showing today.

For instance, the Nigerian graduate report publica- tion ranked Covenant University Number One in the list of Nigerian Universities with the most employ- able graduates having 90% employ- ability rate. That is the effect of the Core Values, it helps to equip our students on the pathways of life so that they can be relevant to the so- ciety and I think we are achieving that.

There is a university in America where they have 16 of our gradu- ates undertaking postgraduate stud- ies and when Professor Okebukola went there on official functions, they said we have 16 Nigerians here and they are unique, their packaging, commitment and intel- ligence is unique, they said they are from one Covenant University, he said oh I am not surprised I am part of that University too. He was very proud of those children.

He gath- ered them together and had a chat with them because of the quality of training. The whole essence of what we are doing is to raise world changers who will first need to ex- perience the changes themselves. Leave God behind, you are empty, throw integrity to the trashcan, you are finished, lack sacrifice, you can- not be a successful leader; a sacri- fice gives his best and beyond his best to lead a cause in which he believes.

All those things are there to help equip the student to be relevant because relevance is key. You cannot be relevant and not be significant. What we are trying to do is to ensure that platform is cre- ated overtime and the same thing is taking place in here, Landmark University. Most institutions to- day now have Core Values.

They did not have any before, you just live anyhow and finish anyhow, if you finish, that is what we do with the Core Values. Examina- tion malpractice culminates in summary dismissal from our sys- tem, we cannot be raising people who will deal with corruption and are corrupt themselves.

Examina- tion malpractice at 500 level, no mercy! We are convinced that he has been doing it since 100 lev- el otherwise there would not be need to do it at 500 level, and we have a psychological basis for that.

There is no way you will go for ex- amination malpractice at 500 level in Engineering, if you have been passing your exams since 100 level. So we are also out to sanitize the intellectual platform of our na- tion.

I must say this; Governors have come to pick their children from our campus. The daughter of our first Vice-Chancellor was rus- ticated from the University for one year, my adopted son was thrown out for one year at Covenant, so there is no white cow in the system and that makes everybody shake and fear

If I must mention it, one of our for- mer Presidents had a relation that had a son rusticated and called me, I said I am sorry, I do not get involved, please talk to the Vice- Chancellor. He said can I have his number, I said no and we are still friends. Because the moment you make rules and you abide by the rules yourself, everybody is forced to follow, and that is what we are trying to do.

We are in dire need of leaders in our country and we will be wishing till death until we start raising the kind of leaders we want by taking them through the princi- ple of this kind of training so that they can be there to effect changes.

Interviewer: A major indicator of success in the University administration is the degree to which it can at- tract and retain high quality Fac- ulty. What plans are on the way to achieve this feat in Landmark University?

Chancellor: The plans are obvious, let us maintain conducive atmosphere for learning and research.
Let us generate good comfort for faculty and staff. There is no system that does not have staff turnover; the rate may differ from one place to the other.

We are sensitive to the need of faculty and staff, so when they bring forth their needs we see which one can be addressed per time. We are committed to excellence; if you know how much your univer- sity spends on power, then you will know we are doing our best to keep life comfortable. We believe in re- taining faculty and staff because it empowers continuity and helps to encourage those who are com- ing behind that there is something good in the land that they can be partakers of.

Interviewer: We appreciate your commit- ment to the provision of first-class infrastructure in Landmark Uni- versity. Considering the mainte- nance culture in Nigeria, what strategies are in place for the sus- tainable maintenance of these in- frastructures?

Chancellor: We are not new as an organization to infrastructural development. One of the comments that NUC made in Lagos when they came for the verification visit for Covenant University was that they have been around for a week and they cannot pick a piece of paper on the floor, can this be Nigeria? We were in the slum as it were in Alimosho Area, Raji Oba.

I used the public toilet that they use there when I am hav- ing a programme, you find it intact. We are committed to continuous first-class maintenance of our in- frastructure.

At Covenant, we just invested about #380 million reno- vating staff housing that was com- pleted last year. We are known for quality maintenance culture, you can be in Nigeria and not of Nige- ria.

If you come to Faith Tabernacle on Sunday by 5pm you will not know anybody came there for worship with that multitude because the sanctuary keepers have invaded the whole place and tidy up every- thing, it looks like nobody has ever used the place.

We are very used to it and we want to continue to improve on it particularly on the approach. Poor workmanship is a major problem in our country and when the workmanship is poor, it tells on the maintenance.

https://educationexplorersite./2017/10/18/bishop-oyedepo-my-adopted-son-was-also-thrown-out-of-covenant-university/

Thief.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by eyinjuege: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2017
kenonze:
Why branding him "Adopted son "

Because he knows his own biological parents and never denied them

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Thief.
Why would u quote an entire post just to say that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2017
ashkenking:
so u saying d church is nt making maximum profit from the institution.. ntoor..Wu is deceiving wu
Lol which kind profit. That is an insult to the church. How much could cu possibly make for Living Faith. Living Faith is filled with business savvy people with corporate titans in their pastoral ranks. If they wanted to mk profit it wouldn't be from CU or any university for that matter. Now hold on the uni makes money from different sources but it doesn't cross over to d church like you think. In fact a report years ago stated that it would take living faith 32 years to reap back its investment in CU if it wanted to. Talk less of profit.

Lol tell me if you had 9 billion(the amount used in constructing first set of buildings in landmark) today and you wanted to invest it and you went to an investment banker and the person told you to go and build a university instead of real estate, oil and gas, telecoms, oil and gas etc. Won't you call d banker a fool and go away with ur money. How many wealthy ppl hv u seen in the business of education.

The reason why Covenant can challenge first generation universities is because the church joined her financial force with that of fee paying students. Ask Afe today, he is already in debt trying to keep up with the federal universities so pls celebrate d church instead of castigating them because amongst all churches living faith prioritizes her schools the most..

10 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by RALPHOW(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Gozbrown:
U are doing a great work, u can make it even beta by reducing fees paid dere (30k won't b bad for a start). God bless u

And bring rifrafs as lecturers !!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by highchief1: 9:28am On Oct 19, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
My collegue that year no gree person rest...CU this CU that undecided

Whether Bishop like make e reduce am pass as e be...Poly still rocks
poly over Uni?what did you smoke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Nder Is WAEC Best Candidate With 9 Distinctions / UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School / Nearly First Class: What Class Of Degree Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.