Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. (46118 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / Meet Dr. Timothy Aneke Who Ordered The Shaving Of Covenant University Students / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
ashkenking:
so u saying d church is nt making maximum profit from the institution.. ntoor..Wu is deceiving wu

Catholic church is yet to have a proper University in Nigeria even with membership cutting across the length and breath of the country.

They collected license many years ago but where is the school. How many private University do you have in Nigeria being runned by business men

Why is Anambra state not littered with universities since it is profitable ... How many University in the entire East is owned by individuals even the your assumed profitability ... Old.monies like Iwuayanwu are yet to join Afe Babalola and Adeleke to own one

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
ashkenking:
, it's a long term investment..u still goin to make ur profit at the end of every year.. if it's not payin why do we have newly registered private varsity every year..atleast this year alone about 200 varsity was register.. so it's an investment, don't mak it look lik it's a charity or non profit printed institution.. check the secondary schools too, don't we have secondary schools paying lesser than wat living faiths pays an offers more to her pupils.. so spare me dat ur fundin analysis

You have many more coming up because some are out to cut corners ...tutorial centres clamouring for University license like one that is by the road side in ABA that came to Calabar to distribute flyers.

The building consisted of just twin storey building side by side ...just like scholar academy in Warri .. University of such category will do everything including tearing certificate to every one able to pay certain amount and they will never venture beyond social sciences like accounting, history, international relationship, art ,drama ... Inexpensive courses that requires little investment of capital.

10 billion can't be recoup in another ten years let alone the expected ROI

Better to go into real estate with such fund ...10 billion naira estate is a lifetime invewstment with a guaranteed returns that can be calculated in advance and realized

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

So the school is for the rich
Thàt reminds me, how was he able to build the school
Option
A. Inheritance
B. Business
C. Church offering

C.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Elxandre:

You mean the school is for the church members alone right?

For others, they have to pay the required fee .. no scholarship for non members

Members have opportunity for scholarship which is announced to them every year in their respective churches but they are to be identified by their home cells leaders in writing as members of the church

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

C.
Lolzzz him people go begin dey quote you anyhow lolz

Built school with their pennies yet the members cannot afford it and they call themselves Christians "Christlike"

Hmmmmm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Originalsly: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
NigPatriot:

The impact from that school called Covenant University is colossal. It's only a matter of time before the world grasps with CU alumnis.
I can think only of the colossal financial impact on the bank accounts of the parents of the alumni..... so what exactly is the world waiting to oearn?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Was Harvard built with Church money
church money or not, e nor concern me....as long as they produce fully baked graduates that are valuable to the job market.... this is the discussion we should be having
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by bong4(m): 5:33am On Oct 20, 2017
Statsocial:
The heartbeat of the Chancellor, Landmark University, Dr David Oyedepo, for exhibiting excellence in human endeavors is palpable. His well-articulated ideas towards achieving the excellent feat are golden and as convinc- ing as ever, notable of his erudite mien. Unmistaken is his passion for the transformation of humanity in alignment with the precept of God.

He is frantic in his commit- ment towards creating platforms for generating solutions that are requisite for improving the educa- tional landscape of Nigeria and the continent of Africa. His quest for redeeming the image of the black race via development of leadership capacity and spearhead- ing of an agricultural revolution led to the establishment of Landmark University with a highly competi- tive learning environment for all students, who are groomed through the custom built programmes such as Total Man Concept, Towards a Total Graduate and Agripreneur- ship packages, the unique sell- ing points of the University.

Dr Oyedepo’s huge investments and impacts in this regard have offered students and Faculty ample access to the top-notch teaching and re- search facilities in the University that keeps receiving great acco- lades in her drive for a world class status. In this interview, the Chan- cellor bears his mind on why the Core Values of the University have essentially remained a remarkable force to be reckoned with globally and the undying quest for the reali- zation of the University’s agrarian mandate.

Excerpts: 1.
Interviewer: The seven Core Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mental- ity, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice have remained major at- traction to the parents who have willingly sent their children and wards to the University. How do you plan to sustain these values in a changing environment that uni- versity education is facing with strong regulatory environment under which universities operate?

Chancellor: The Core Values were drawn from the background of the need to raise changed people who will change their world. We are poised to bring back to the fore the character di- mension of learning at the Univer- sity level, like we usually say they are found worthy in character and learning. There has been zero at- tention to character when we came onboard, so we needed to create a platform that helps enhance the character aspect of learning and it is showing today.

For instance, the Nigerian graduate report publica- tion ranked Covenant University Number One in the list of Nigerian Universities with the most employ- able graduates having 90% employ- ability rate. That is the effect of the Core Values, it helps to equip our students on the pathways of life so that they can be relevant to the so- ciety and I think we are achieving that.

There is a university in America where they have 16 of our gradu- ates undertaking postgraduate stud- ies and when Professor Okebukola went there on official functions, they said we have 16 Nigerians here and they are unique, their packaging, commitment and intel- ligence is unique, they said they are from one Covenant University, he said oh I am not surprised I am part of that University too. He was very proud of those children.

He gath- ered them together and had a chat with them because of the quality of training. The whole essence of what we are doing is to raise world changers who will first need to ex- perience the changes themselves. Leave God behind, you are empty, throw integrity to the trashcan, you are finished, lack sacrifice, you can- not be a successful leader; a sacri- fice gives his best and beyond his best to lead a cause in which he believes.

All those things are there to help equip the student to be relevant because relevance is key. You cannot be relevant and not be significant. What we are trying to do is to ensure that platform is cre- ated overtime and the same thing is taking place in here, Landmark University. Most institutions to- day now have Core Values.

They did not have any before, you just live anyhow and finish anyhow, if you finish, that is what we do with the Core Values. Examina- tion malpractice culminates in summary dismissal from our sys- tem, we cannot be raising people who will deal with corruption and are corrupt themselves.

Examina- tion malpractice at 500 level, no mercy! We are convinced that he has been doing it since 100 lev- el otherwise there would not be need to do it at 500 level, and we have a psychological basis for that.

There is no way you will go for ex- amination malpractice at 500 level in Engineering, if you have been passing your exams since 100 level. So we are also out to sanitize the intellectual platform of our na- tion.

I must say this; Governors have come to pick their children from our campus. The daughter of our first Vice-Chancellor was rus- ticated from the University for one year, my adopted son was thrown out for one year at Covenant, so there is no white cow in the system and that makes everybody shake and fear

If I must mention it, one of our for- mer Presidents had a relation that had a son rusticated and called me, I said I am sorry, I do not get involved, please talk to the Vice- Chancellor. He said can I have his number, I said no and we are still friends. Because the moment you make rules and you abide by the rules yourself, everybody is forced to follow, and that is what we are trying to do.

We are in dire need of leaders in our country and we will be wishing till death until we start raising the kind of leaders we want by taking them through the princi- ple of this kind of training so that they can be there to effect changes.

Interviewer: A major indicator of success in the University administration is the degree to which it can at- tract and retain high quality Fac- ulty. What plans are on the way to achieve this feat in Landmark University?

Chancellor: The plans are obvious, let us maintain conducive atmosphere for learning and research.
Let us generate good comfort for faculty and staff. There is no system that does not have staff turnover; the rate may differ from one place to the other.

We are sensitive to the need of faculty and staff, so when they bring forth their needs we see which one can be addressed per time. We are committed to excellence; if you know how much your univer- sity spends on power, then you will know we are doing our best to keep life comfortable. We believe in re- taining faculty and staff because it empowers continuity and helps to encourage those who are com- ing behind that there is something good in the land that they can be partakers of.

Interviewer: We appreciate your commit- ment to the provision of first-class infrastructure in Landmark Uni- versity. Considering the mainte- nance culture in Nigeria, what strategies are in place for the sus- tainable maintenance of these in- frastructures?

Chancellor: We are not new as an organization to infrastructural development. One of the comments that NUC made in Lagos when they came for the verification visit for Covenant University was that they have been around for a week and they cannot pick a piece of paper on the floor, can this be Nigeria? We were in the slum as it were in Alimosho Area, Raji Oba.

I used the public toilet that they use there when I am hav- ing a programme, you find it intact. We are committed to continuous first-class maintenance of our in- frastructure.

At Covenant, we just invested about #380 million reno- vating staff housing that was com- pleted last year. We are known for quality maintenance culture, you can be in Nigeria and not of Nige- ria.

If you come to Faith Tabernacle on Sunday by 5pm you will not know anybody came there for worship with that multitude because the sanctuary keepers have invaded the whole place and tidy up every- thing, it looks like nobody has ever used the place.

We are very used to it and we want to continue to improve on it particularly on the approach. Poor workmanship is a major problem in our country and when the workmanship is poor, it tells on the maintenance.

https://educationexplorersite./2017/10/18/bishop-oyedepo-my-adopted-son-was-also-thrown-out-of-covenant-university/

Because the moment you make rules and you abide by the rules yourself, everybody is forced to follow, and that is what we are trying to do......that to me is the key to effective leadership which seriously, Nigeria needs.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by bong4(m): 5:38am On Oct 20, 2017
IBBG:
This is bold vision at work. The problem with our public universities apart from funding is bad management. The govt also on the other hand is not serious about the education of its citizens. Otherwise education will have been a prority for each successive govt, with funds judiciously dedicated to it, both for the public universities and the private ones. Govt should also acknowledge private universities that are actually well run and look for a way to create synergy with them, interms of scholarship for students willing to study there, rather than send them overseas.

You have said it all. Only myopic minds will keep on saying church miney which members can't attend. I wonder what the oublic schools are offering despite the fees collected from students and huge government subvention?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by MightySparrow: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
Gozbrown:
U are doing a great work, u can make it even beta by reducing fees paid dere (30k won't b bad for a start). God bless u

I think reduction of fees clamoured for by some is not reasonable and unfair. The public schools being run by governments are not adequately funded. Their workers are not paid regularly and commensurately, the reason for strikes, academic corruption, and bad quality of graduates nowadays..

The churches that have universities are to pay their workers and still pay them after retirement. From which source? Thirty thousand Naira? How do these universities match up with the international standard in research work and contributions to frontiers of knowledge?

Needlss to say that these universities as you can see in this write -up is to bring back the standard in morals, self reliance, and learning handed down by the British who primarily came to enlighten our minds.
Now it our time of rebirth, a time to actualise ourselves and join the rest of the world by the dividend of knowledge invested in black race..

You will agree with me that the problem of black race is human beings. People of warped mind in government and leaders of opinion and societies.

So, let the mission schools infuse morals and integrity into our academic society.. Let them set the pace.

Socrates the father of education once said, ' if you think knowledge is expensive try ignorance.'

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Catholic church is yet to have a proper University in Nigeria even with membership cutting across the length and breath of the country.

They collected license many years ago but where is the school. How many private University do you have in Nigeria being runned by business men

Why is Anambra state not littered with universities since it is profitable ... How many University in the entire East is owned by individuals even the your assumed profitability ... Old.monies like Iwuayanwu are yet to join Afe Babalola and Adeleke to own one
that is because there is no financial institution called the Catholic church.

some of the money in branches of Protestant Churches end up in their head quarters , in Catholicism every diocese is autonomous... unless you have a very very rich diocese it would be stupid to build a university....

there are few Catholic dioceses with such funds

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
that is because there is no financial institution called the Catholic church.

some of the money in branches of Protestant Churches end up in their head quarters , in Catholicism every diocese is autonomous... unless you have a very very rich diocese it would be stupid to build a university....

there are few Catholic dioceses with such funds

Really, there is no financial institution callled the Catholic Church ... very laughable excuse .... so is there any that is called living faith church?

That means that those who promoted the Catholic university of Nigeria, Abuja and collected second collection in my church in warri back then were scammers working with the church leaders since warri diocese does not extend to Abuja
The jingles for fund raising launching was actually aired then on network news of NTA with chief launchers and fathers of the day

How many of the few wealthy dioceses runs a university and what is their feee like

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by hglmkope(f): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2017
feran15:

im pretty sure that they mentioned in school that the cu-crid was built from the schools own money and without the church

Please do not say what you don't know. The CUCRID building was built with funds from the church not the University
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by feran15(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2017
hglmkope:

Please do not say what you don't know. The CUCRID building was built with funds from the church not the University

Maybe tell cu staff not so say what they do not know.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Really, there is no financial institution callled the Catholic Church ... very laughable excuse .... so is there any that is called living faith church?

That means that those who promoted the Catholic university of Nigeria, Abuja and collected second collection in my church in warri back then were scammers working with the church leaders since warri diocese does not extend to Abuja
The jingles for fund raising launching was actually aired then on network news of NTA with chief launchers and fathers of the day

How many of the few wealthy dioceses runs a university and what is their feee like
yes there is a financial entity known as living faith Church and should the government tax churches it could tax it as a whole.

the university to be located in abuja is a work of the Catholic Secretariat... one day is set aside usually in Nigeria for the launching and the proceeds go to the Secretariat for the university as agreed by the cbcn. apart from that agreed date money in diocese remains in the diocese.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
yes there is a financial entity known as living faith Church and should the government tax churches it could tax it as a whole.

the university to be located in abuja is a work of the Catholic Secretariat... one day is set aside usually in Nigeria for the launching and the proceeds go to the Secretariat for the university as agreed by the cbcn. apart from that agreed date money in diocese remains in the diocese.

And if government should tax churches the Catholic Church will be exempted because it runs autonomous branches according to you, shebi.

And for over twenty years of setting outside one day for launching and offering that I was well aware of back then they have not come up with the resources to start and complete it ... is it that the ones already mobilized got embezzled or that the members are not rich enough to make significant offerings .... mind you, there was not a single day, Winners announced any form of offering towards the universities even with all the billions you hear .... there has never been a launching for any of the two universities .... just normal offering and tithe that is even taken in your church multiple times.

Do you know that If Bishop Oyedepo should announce a special day to give towards any projects,as you have stated, the total amount needed will be realized in multiple fold and it would be without a chairman ,father of the day , mother of the day, Chief launcher..... just special offering

I am happy you recognize Winners as a financial institution..Moneyed church .....They never beg, never a launching, no bazaar, never a chief launcher, never a pillar of the church title to any mortal man but yet doing what those before her dare not contemplate.. like Bishop Oyedepo stated: money is the wheel on which the gospel shall be wheeled round the world.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

And if government should tax churches the Catholic Church will be exempted because it runs autonomous branches according to you, shebi.

And for over twenty years of setting outside one day for launching and offering that I was well aware of back then they have not come up with the resources to start and complete it ... is it that the ones already mobilized got embezzled or that the members are not rich enough to make significant offerings .... mind you, there was not a single day, Winners announced any form of offering towards the universities even with all the billions you hear .... there has never been a launching for any of the two universities .... just normal offering and tithe that is even taken in your church multiple times.

Do you know that If Bishop Oyedepo should announce a special day to give towards any projects,as you have stated, the total amount needed will be realized in multiple fold and it would be without a chairman ,father of the day , mother of the day, Chief launcher..... just special offering

I am happy you recognize Winners as a financial institution..Moneyed church .....They never beg, never a launching, no bazaar, never a chief launcher, never a pillar of the church title to any mortal man but yet doing what those before her dare not contemplate.. like Bishop Oyedepo stated: money is the wheel on which the gospel shall be wheeled round the world.
I don't have time since it seems you just want to praise your pastor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I don't have time since it seems you just want to praise your pastor

Praise is a reward for doing something.... if I praise him, it is not out of order ....2 universities running at optimum without any pressure on anyone to give....no launching ...no special collection ......Another under construction in Calabar and Abuja
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Praise is a reward for doing something.... if I praise him, it is not out of order ....2 universities running at optimum without any pressure on anyone to give....no launching ...no special collection ......Another under construction in Calabar and Abuja
as I said I don't have time for praising your pastor who receive money from all outlets
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
as I said I don't have time for praising your pastor who receive money from all outlets

Give names to the outlets. Don't hide behind a finger.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

they are usually called churches
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
they are usually called churches

Ok. He gets the money to build a word class University from 'usually called' churches without any form of pressure ,no announcement but your church has been engaged in offering and launching since the days of babangida and still not come up with the promised University.

Find out why it has been so.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Lol as in ehn. I can't even imagine what will happen if living faith calls for donation for Covenant or any university it intends to build. That LFC is dangerously wealthy. I saw a video a while back where bishop was saying that without raising a dime the church reserve(not annual budget o) can complete faith theater to 70%.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Have they started construction for the university at calabar?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
Statsocial:

Have they started construction for the university at calabar?

I haven't being to the tinapa area for a year, now. That is where the land for the project is. When I make a trip to it I will find out because I have a property over looking the fence of the University .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by hypnotic(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nothing to loose
teekay213:
This man is blunt and straight for
ward
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 04, 2018
The heartbeat of the Chancellor, Landmark University, Dr David Oyedepo, for exhibiting excellence in human endeavors is palpable. His well-articulated ideas towards achieving the excellent feat are golden and as convinc- ing as ever, notable of his erudite mien. Unmistaken is his passion for the transformation of humanity in alignment with the precept of God.

He is frantic in his commit- ment towards creating platforms for generating solutions that are requisite for improving the educa- tional landscape of Nigeria and the continent of Africa. His quest for redeeming the image of the black race via development of leadership capacity and spearhead- ing of an agricultural revolution led to the establishment of Landmark University with a highly competi- tive learning environment for all students, who are groomed through the custom built programmes such as Total Man Concept, Towards a Total Graduate and Agripreneur- ship packages, the unique sell- ing points of the University.

Dr Oyedepo’s huge investments and impacts in this regard have offered students and Faculty ample access to the top-notch teaching and re- search facilities in the University that keeps receiving great acco- lades in her drive for a world class status. In this interview, the Chan- cellor bears his mind on why the Core Values of the University have essentially remained a remarkable force to be reckoned with globally and the undying quest for the reali- zation of the University’s agrarian mandate.

Excerpts: 1.
Interviewer: The seven Core Values of Spirituality, Possibility Mental- ity, Capacity Building, Integrity, Responsibility, Diligence and Sacrifice have remained major at- traction to the parents who have willingly sent their children and wards to the University. How do you plan to sustain these values in a changing environment that uni- versity education is facing with strong regulatory environment under which universities operate?

Chancellor: The Core Values were drawn from the background of the need to raise changed people who will change their world. We are poised to bring back to the fore the character di- mension of learning at the Univer- sity level, like we usually say they are found worthy in character and learning. There has been zero at- tention to character when we came onboard, so we needed to create a platform that helps enhance the character aspect of learning and it is showing today.

For instance, the Nigerian graduate report publica- tion ranked Covenant University Number One in the list of Nigerian Universities with the most employ- able graduates having 90% employ- ability rate. That is the effect of the Core Values, it helps to equip our students on the pathways of life so that they can be relevant to the so- ciety and I think we are achieving that.

There is a university in America where they have 16 of our gradu- ates undertaking postgraduate stud- ies and when Professor Okebukola went there on official functions, they said we have 16 Nigerians here and they are unique, their packaging, commitment and intel- ligence is unique, they said they are from one Covenant University, he said oh I am not surprised I am part of that University too. He was very proud of those children.

He gath- ered them together and had a chat with them because of the quality of training. The whole essence of what we are doing is to raise world changers who will first need to ex- perience the changes themselves. Leave God behind, you are empty, throw integrity to the trashcan, you are finished, lack sacrifice, you can- not be a successful leader; a sacri- fice gives his best and beyond his best to lead a cause in which he believes.

All those things are there to help equip the student to be relevant because relevance is key. You cannot be relevant and not be significant. What we are trying to do is to ensure that platform is cre- ated overtime and the same thing is taking place in here, Landmark University. Most institutions to- day now have Core Values.

They did not have any before, you just live anyhow and finish anyhow, if you finish, that is what we do with the Core Values. Examina- tion malpractice culminates in summary dismissal from our sys- tem, we cannot be raising people who will deal with corruption and are corrupt themselves.

Examina- tion malpractice at 500 level, no mercy! We are convinced that he has been doing it since 100 lev- el otherwise there would not be need to do it at 500 level, and we have a psychological basis for that.

There is no way you will go for ex- amination malpractice at 500 level in Engineering, if you have been passing your exams since 100 level. So we are also out to sanitize the intellectual platform of our na- tion.

I must say this; Governors have come to pick their children from our campus. The daughter of our first Vice-Chancellor was rus- ticated from the University for one year, my adopted son was thrown out for one year at Covenant, so there is no white cow in the system and that makes everybody shake and fear

If I must mention it, one of our for- mer Presidents had a relation that had a son rusticated and called me, I said I am sorry, I do not get involved, please talk to the Vice- Chancellor. He said can I have his number, I said no and we are still friends. Because the moment you make rules and you abide by the rules yourself, everybody is forced to follow, and that is what we are trying to do.

We are in dire need of leaders in our country and we will be wishing till death until we start raising the kind of leaders we want by taking them through the princi- ple of this kind of training so that they can be there to effect changes.

Interviewer: A major indicator of success in the University administration is the degree to which it can at- tract and retain high quality Fac- ulty. What plans are on the way to achieve this feat in Landmark University?

Chancellor: The plans are obvious, let us maintain conducive atmosphere for learning and research.
Let us generate good comfort for faculty and staff. There is no system that does not have staff turnover; the rate may differ from one place to the other.

We are sensitive to the need of faculty and staff, so when they bring forth their needs we see which one can be addressed per time. We are committed to excellence; if you know how much your univer- sity spends on power, then you will know we are doing our best to keep life comfortable. We believe in re- taining faculty and staff because it empowers continuity and helps to encourage those who are com- ing behind that there is something good in the land that they can be partakers of.

Interviewer: We appreciate your commit- ment to the provision of first-class infrastructure in Landmark Uni- versity. Considering the mainte- nance culture in Nigeria, what strategies are in place for the sus- tainable maintenance of these in- frastructures?

Chancellor: We are not new as an organization to infrastructural development. One of the comments that NUC made in Lagos when they came for the verification visit for Covenant University was that they have been around for a week and they cannot pick a piece of paper on the floor, can this be Nigeria? We were in the slum as it were in Alimosho Area, Raji Oba.

I used the public toilet that they use there when I am hav- ing a programme, you find it intact. We are committed to continuous first-class maintenance of our in- frastructure.

At Covenant, we just invested about #380 million reno- vating staff housing that was com- pleted last year. We are known for quality maintenance culture, you can be in Nigeria and not of Nige- ria.

If you come to Faith Tabernacle on Sunday by 5pm you will not know anybody came there for worship with that multitude because the sanctuary keepers have invaded the whole place and tidy up every- thing, it looks like nobody has ever used the place.

We are very used to it and we want to continue to improve on it particularly on the approach. Poor workmanship is a major problem in our country and when the workmanship is poor, it tells on the maintenance.

https://educationexplorersite./2017/10/18/bishop-oyedepo-my-adopted-son-was-also-thrown-out-of-covenant-university/

Nobody ask u all these
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Church branches, AKA business centres. I have one behind my house.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 04, 2018
hglmkope:

But the church n the universities are business centres.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Sign Re-Absorption Form, Before Being Re-admitted Back To School / How To Identify Different High Tension Powerlines / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.