Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

How Nairaland Is Nigeria's Version Of GOOGLE! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Nairaland Is Nigeria's Version Of GOOGLE! (1817 Views)

How Nairaland Lost Her Virginity And Pride. / #10yearschallenge: See How Nairaland Looks Like In The Past / How Nairaland Saved Me In Dec 2017 Through A Nairalnder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Nairaland Is Nigeria's Version Of GOOGLE! by Rajlun: 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
[b]Permit me to start this write-up with the enormous assistance we routinely get by using search engines i.e Google for Address Verification and Online Records for Job Interviews etc - I remembered a day when I was sent on a particular errand by my boss and I zoomed out without embarking on simple Google search on the address, subject matter and all that relates to the assignment, I suffered on that day and adding salt to injury, I later needed to check online to get my way after wasting efforts, money, time and resources. Poor me!

Recently, I realized that only Google search without filtering the most appropriate and needed search results aren't wholly effective, but I realized that I'm more satisfied when I get search results directing me to www.nairaland.com

As a result of that, after searching for an address or any entry that has to do with Lagos, Nigeria and our neighbouring communities, I usually make sure to put 'nairaland' in front of the search i.e 'Best Teaching Hospital in Nigeria' being better results when searched as 'Best Teaching Hospital in Nigeria nairaland'.

I hope this small piece help someone looking for information and save several people from undue stress and rigors.

Thank You![/b]

2 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Is Nigeria's Version Of GOOGLE! by Rajlun: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
CC: To all everyday hustlers and start up founders all around Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Replies By Star Times User To Twitter Users / Million Money Smart Contract / Cleric Lambasts Political Elite At Ooni's 80th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.