Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

All Souls Are Mine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Souls Are Mine (921 Views)

Today is all souls - What Does The Bible Say About Praying For The Dead? / All Souls' Day! / Do Human Clones Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Souls Are Mine by PastorAde: 2:05am On Mar 13, 2010
[center]All Souls are Mine[/center]

The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof (all it contains); the world, and they that dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods (Psalm 24:1-2, emphasis added).

Behold, all souls are Mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine: the souls that sins, it shall die (Ezekiel 18:4, emphasis added).

The word “Lord” in the first passage above is the Hebrew word Adon, from where we get the name Adonai. It means Owner. We can then rephrase the first passage above thus: The earth is the Lord’s (Owner’s), and all it contains; the world, and they that dwell therein (Psalm 24:1). This means the Lord God owns the earth, and all it contains including the souls of men. Why? Because He created all things including mankind. Let’s see how He created man.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7).

Adam was the first man to be created. God gave him a commandment or a rule to live by. "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die" (Genesis 2: 16-17).

Adam and Eve disobeyed the above commandment and became separated from God and eventually died. Since they are the progenitors of the human race, i.e. our first parents, every other member of the human race inherited the sin nature from them.

For as by one man’s (Adam) disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One (Jesus, the second Adam) shall many be made righteous (Romans 5:19, emphasis mine).

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me (Psalm 51: 5, emphasis added).

God declared in Ezekiel 18:4 above “All souls are mine, the souls that sins it shall die”. Whether you are a Christian or Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu, atheist or traditional religionist your soul belongs to God, for, He created you. We are all the offspring of Adam, the first man. And God said the soul that sins shall die. This decree of death for the soul that sins was fulfilled in the first Adam, and all his offspring till date. What then is the antidote of death? The answer is right there in Romans 5:19b, the Scripture quoted above – So by the obedience of One (Jesus) shall many be made righteous (Romans 5:19b, ).

Jesus Christ the second Adam came to this world to seek and to save that which was lost (see Luke 19:10). He became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Through His death and the shedding of His blood, He saved us sinners (see I Timothy 1:15).

Remember the soul that sins shall die. If any one dies as a sinner he (or she) goes to hell. But God has already provided salvation through Jesus Christ. For God so loved the world (the people of the world), that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life – John 3:16.

How then shall your soul be saved? This is very simple.

But what says it? The word is near you, even in your mouth, and in your heart: that is, the word of faith which we preach; That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:8-10, emphasis added).

To be saved, you have to believe in your heart the Lord Jesus, and confess Him as your Lord (Owner) and Savior. Once you make that confession of Jesus as your Lord (Owner) and Savior, you are immediately saved from the kingdom of darkness and translated into the kingdom of God, in whom you have redemption through the blood of Jesus, even the forgiveness of your sins.

What happens to those who don’t make that confession that Jesus is their Lord and Savior? Knowingly or unknowingly they are agreeing that satan is their lord and god. For, he satan, is the god of this world of sinners (see 2Corintians 4:4a). How did he become the god of this world? Adam the first man was created and given dominion (i.e. government, leadership, and rulership) over the earth (see Genesis 1:26, 28). But when he disobeyed God through the deception of satan, he sold out or delivered his dominion to satan (see Luke 4:6). Satan then became the god of this world instead of Adam. This dominion which Adam lost is what Jesus came to restore. So those who confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, are saved and delivered from the power and dominion of the devil and translated into God’s king - dom and become kings having dominion once again over this domain called earth (see Revelation 1: 5b-6).

Are you ready to be saved and translated into the kingdom of God? Then pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Wash away my sins in your precious blood shed for me on the cross of Calvary. Make me whiter than snow. Right now, I believe you in my heart and confess you as my Lord, Owner, and Savior. Write my name in the book of life, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For further enquires, call or write: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel: 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

Online Sermons / Persistent Child / If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.