Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding (24194 Views)

Abia Vigilante Kills 27-Year-Old Izuchukwu In Umuahia Popular Eatery (Video) / Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe / Woman Slaps Man 4 Times For Pouring Food On Her Over Parking Space (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Islie: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
By Joe Chukindi 

Local vigilante in Ogbunike community, Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State have allegedly killed a resident, one Ndubuisi Oye, said to be preparing for his wedding on Sunday.

His killing has sparked a spate of destruction, as friends of the deceased have destroyed properties worth worth millions, belonging to the leader of the vigilante group.

DAILY POST gathered that the vigilante leader, Levi Elobis, known as ‘commander’ from Umueri, Ogbunike allegedly killed Oye at St. Monica’s Road, Ogbunike on the Onitsha old road on Monday evening.

The fiancée of the deceased, Miss Oluma Agbugba who narrated the story said, “We were coming back from a committee of friends’ meeting, in preparation for our wedding on Sunday.

“We got to St. Monica’s Road, my fiance alighted to refill the gasoline of his commercial bus and as we were about driving off, a Sport Utility Vehicle — Hillux vehicle blocked our bus and the man who emerged from the vehicle ordered both of us to come down from the bus.

“I alighted and sighted that the man had a gun. I made to make a call, but the man quickly stopped me, threatening he would kill me if I raised my phone again to make any call.

“The man ordered my fiance (Oye) to come down from the stirring and shut him at close range, and thereafter drove off, leaving him in his pool of blood.

“I started shouting after he had left and some passersby stopped to assist me to move him to Iyienu Hospital. He died on the way to hospital.’’

The deceased, 27 years old, it was learnt, hailed from Ezza, Ebonyi State, while the fiancee is from Imo state.

A Special Assistant to Governor Willie Obiano on Youth Mobilisation, Mr Junior Onwutaka confirmed the incident to our correspondent.

He said he saw some men on rampage and tried unsuccessfully to stop them as the mob overpowered him.

Onwutaka added “the mob invaded the commander’s house and set it ablaze.”

When contacted, the Anambra State Police Commissioner, Mr Garba Umar confirmed the incident, saying the police had intervened and the suspect had been arrested.

Umah said, “He has since been taken into the police custody. We ordered for his arrest and that of those who burnt his belongings.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/18/anambra-youths-rampage-anambra-vigilante-kills-man-4-days-wedding/

lalasticlala
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Byko899(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
The hearth of men is wicked, I jus pray she is not pregnant already!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by IamPatriotic(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Tragedies like this are the real reasons I became a member of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, the evil men of his father's house finally got him, and now they will be singing "it's our work o...." and probably dancing "one corner dance " mogbe di fun aye.

22 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
na wa o...This country is justsomething else
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
na wa o...This country is just something else

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Sebastine1994(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
A
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by cplusinvestment: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
Killing is common these days....May God save us!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by abbeyoye2001(m): 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
Choi ;rest in peace
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Flashh: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
Byko899:
The hearth of men is wicked, I jus pray she is not pregnant already!!!
But that one no concern you na.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by clevadani: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
So many negative news in just one day. Who did Nigerians offend?
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Adaumunocha(f): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
So sad! God keep Us safe this ember month biko... Amen

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by 9jvirgin(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
oti di gobe o
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by affable4(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hate crime or power drunkenness or under influence.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by blackbeau1(f): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
There's something fishy about this. It sounds like an assassination

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Smartfix: 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
What a sad story. It's Only in Nigeria you read stories like this, when the government could have simply recruited more police officers and given them the right training on how to handle weapons. Vigilantes have no business carrying guns, most of them drink themselves to stupor while on duty and later start misbehaving and harassing members of the community. The killer-commander should be lynched with immediate effect to serve as a deterrent to other mentally unstable and deranged 'commanders'. This country self!

Check my signature if you love your car!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by oshe11: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
vigilante papa faidee
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by itiswellandwell: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
This sounds like an assassination. You doubting it? Anyone can be used for assassination in this Naija wey we dey.

Check my signature for your full capacity Giant plus 12000mah powerbank

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Whoeppme(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
He couldn't imagine another man take the p###y his being chopping to alter so he had to finish up the man . The woman should be questioned ...the commander might be her secret lover grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Every one jus formin his /her cofment in d country... SARS here Police � there Mopol Far Fulani Near.. I jus weak sef

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by saraki2019(m): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
only God knows what tis youth would have turn to if buhari did not stop ipob madness.
these are young men brained washed by Igbos kanu,
igbo sshould than baba for stoppin kanu and his madness.
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Islie:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/18/anambra-youths-rampage-anambra-vigilante-kills-man-4-days-wedding/

Obiano has shed enough blood in anambra state....he has killed in the street, in the church and now in filling station...

He has trained snipers to murder those who oppose him...

Obiano your cup is full and days numbered...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Senseless killing undecided undecided

I hope any of them did not jilt anyone before coz I smell foul play undecided
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Dearlord(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hmmm!
This is not the true Story
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by FBIL: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hope de Komanda no dey kpansh de bride b4 now or there was a business the bridegroom didn't finish well with Komanda b4 the wedding time.
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by 9japrof(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
The more reason why I must marry a wor wor girl grin cos am sure this vigilante guy must have toasted this babe and the babe no gree, na commerical driver e wan come follow.

Na to alledge say e be criminal send am to the world beyond make e go look for fine girl marry for that place.

Na period like this we dey know weather true love exists, if truly truly the babe love her fiance, she go kill her self join to ensure that the wedding slated for Sunday holds either in the land of the living or the dead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Iamsammy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by FBIL: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
saraki2019:
only God knows what tis youth would have turn to if buhari did not stop ipob madness.
these are young men brained washed by Igbos kanu,
igbo sshould than baba for stoppin kanu and his madness.
For once, allow your brain to gain some ventilation. What connects IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu with Vigilante Head and a private man running around for his wedding?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by budusky05(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Now blame FG

Idiots
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Edonojie007(m): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
M
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Donkay82: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
profmiganigal:

Obiano has shed enough blood in anambra state....he has killed in the street, in the church and now in filling station...

He has trained snipers to murder those who oppose him...

Obiano your cup is full and days numbered...
so its no longer buharis fault
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Donkay82:
so its no longer buharis fault
bihari is an arch genocidist

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traders Attack FCDA Official In Abuja Court, Break His Head (Graphic Photos) / Third Mainland Bridge: A Favourite Location For Acts Of Suicide / Police Arrest 18-year-old For Attempt To Rob ABSU Students, Three Others [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.