Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,731 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In (1257 Views)

Redmi 9t (phone Gurus Needed Here) / Phone Gurus, Should I Buy This Phone? The Price Is Too Good To Be True. / Tech Gurus Please Help! #10k for Reward!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2017
My phone has been misbehaving lately and I don't seem to understand it anymore

My running applications such as playstore, operamini, etc close down one after the other and before you know it, I won't be able to reopen them unless I reboot the phone.

About four days ago, it stuck leaving me a warning pops up sign "Unfortunately process com.android.system is not responding, you have to factory reset your phone"

I did a factory reset after all attempts to fix it failed with the hope that that would put an end to it but to my amazement, the problem still persists.

After a factory reset, an upgrade notification popped up and I downloaded and installed it, but that still doesn't put an end to the malfunctioning

Guys, what could be wrong?

Over to you
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by adepeter2027(m): 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:

My running applications such as playstore, operamini, etc close down one after the other and before you know it, I won't be able to reopen them unless I reboot the phone.

About four days ago, it stuck leaving me a warning sign pops up "Unfortunately process com.android.system is not responding, you have to factory reset your phone"

I did a factory reset after all attempted to fix it failed with the hope that that would put an end to it but to my amazement, the problem still persists.

After a factory reset, an upgrade notification popped up and I downloaded and installed it, but that still doesn't put an end to the malfunctioning

Over to you

Àwọn irunmole are angry with you.

BTW, will comment later to give possible solutions
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
adepeter2027:

Àwọn irunmole are angry with you.

BTW, will comment later to give possible solutions
I even lost your contact -undecided
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by adepeter2027(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
I even lost your contact -undecided
LoL
Will chat ya up later jàre.
BTW, what's ya phone type? Full spec

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
adepeter2027:

LoL
Infinix Hot 3..1GB RAM
Processor speed 1.30GhZ
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
adepeter2027:

LoL
Infinix Hot 3..1GB RAM
Processor speed 1.30GhZ
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by gogeekish(m): 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
If that's your phone (Infinix Hot 3), then I suggest it is a very common problem. Most times, it is having to do with EMMC (Harddisk in terms of computer device). Even after full flash, problem still begins.

I will suggest you take it for full flash. Be very sure the technician did full flash. Most technicians only do format or factory reset because they are scared of issues involving full flash.

Issues such as incompatible preloader/firmware, dead on flash due to failure of EMMC, incomplete flash.

Incomplete flash is caused by failed EMMC. Most technicians are accused of killing the phone therefore asking them to replace the handset. Actually, it is not their fault.

Just be very sure with proof that complete flash is done so that you will know what to blame ( EMMC or software issue)
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by attention007(m): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Download a new rom to flash it..it might work!
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
gogeekish:
If that's your phone (Infinix Hot 3), then I suggest it is a very common problem. Most times, it is having to do with EMMC (Harddisk in terms of computer device). Even after full flash, problem still begins.

I will suggest you take it for full flash. Be very sure the technician did full flash. Most technicians only do format or factory reset because they are scared of issues involving full flash.

Issues such as incompatible preloader/firmware, dead on flash due to failure of EMMC, incomplete flash.

Incomplete flash is caused by failed EMMC. Most technicians are accused of killing the phone therefore asking them to replace the handset. Actually, it is not their fault.

Just be very sure with proof that complete flash is done so that you will know what to blame ( EMMC or software issue)
So how do I know that the technician actually performed a full flash considering the fact that he may not allow me to be starring at his system when performing the operation?

What if he deceives me that he has performed a full flash when in fact it was ordinary format or factory reset?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
attention007:
Download a new rom to flash it..it might work!
My laptop is not available at the moment bro which means that I need to seek the service of an engineer
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by adepeter2027(m): 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
My laptop is not available at the moment bro which means that I need to seek the service of an engineer
It's best you do it yourself.

Try find a laptop and flash it yourself
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 11:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
adepeter2027:

It's best you do it yourself.

Try find a laptop and flash it yourself
So, what website should I download the ROM to flash it?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by adepeter2027(m): 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
So, what website should I download the ROM to flash it?
Forum(dot)hovate-k(dot)com
- remove the hyphen

Or bbs.infinixmobility.com (official infinix website)

You know what, lemme chat you up on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by attention007(m): 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
tosyne2much:

I advice you take it to an engineer even if your laptop were available because with the aforementioned problem I think it's best you leave it to the expert.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by Newboss(m): 5:05am On Oct 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
Infinix Hot 3..1GB RAM

Processor speed 1.30GhZ

Infinix? Hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

I knew it. That's the most useless and unreliable brand of Android phones in Nigeria!

With Infinix, a day of natural pack up is VERY VERY VERY VERY sure! angry angry

Next time, when you hear Infinix, you will run! tongue tongue
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by TDonald: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2017
Newboss:

I knew it. That's the most useless and unreliable brand of Android phones in Nigeria!

Not Only SHITFINIX even Tecno

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Newboss:

Baba calm down jawe... The phone has never given me a single problem since I've been using it for the past one year tongue

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by NLOwner(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
Baba calm down jawe... The phone has never given me a single problem since I've been using it for the past one year tongue

Well it just did.. tongue

And one year is a really short time for a good phone to start giving such problems!!

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by Newboss(m): 9:49am On Oct 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
Oh, the expiry date is anytime from one year. That's really very very very durable tongue tongue
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2017
Newboss:
Oh, the expiry date is anytime from one year. That's really very very very durable tongue tongue
You don't mean it cheesy

1 Share

Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by gogeekish(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
So how do I know that the technician actually performed a full flash considering the fact that he may not allow me to be starring at his system when performing the operation?

What if he deceives me that he has performed a full flash when in fact it was ordinary format or factory reset?
Demand for a look. There should be at least 1 in 10 technicians that will accept you see the progress.

Don't do it yourself because that phone has 4 variant. Any mix up will put your phone in bad state such as bad display or death.

If you are in Lagos. I can do this for you. I came for something here. Will be leaving Sunday. Computer village, ogba and Ojodu Beggar. These are possible place to meet me
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2017
gogeekish:

Demand for a look. There should be at least 1 in 10 technicians that will accept you see the progress.

Don't do it yourself because that phone has 4 variant. Any mix up will put your phone in bad state such as bad display or death.

If you are in Lagos. I can do this for you. I came for something here. Will be leaving Sunday. Computer village, ogba and Ojodu Beggar. These are possible place to meet me
Oooooh! I wish you could help just that I'm currently not in Lagos
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by gogeekish(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2017
tosyne2much:
Oooooh! I wish you could help just that I'm currently not in Lagos
Where are you?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2017
gogeekish:
Where are you?
I'm in Ilorin
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by samueldo4life(m): 10:45am On Oct 19, 2017
Newboss:
I wonder why you guys are so wicked and cruel to infinix and Tecno..
Infinix and Tecno have not done anything wrong to you guys so why are you treating them so bad And praising the likes of Samsung? Its not fair oh.
Una no wan just use ear take hear them at all...
They are also phones company likes the likes of Samsung, lg and the rest.
They have their own strategy of their product and they produce durable ones too. Not all are bad the way you guys are painting them.

If Samsung can produce smartphone bomb (note 7) and you guys forgive them..
Why can't you have pity for the upcoming brands company that produces some good phones. At least they have not produce any "Smartphone Bomb" for us so why can't we enjoy some of their quality products?
Please you guys should embrace new word oh...
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by sureinfo: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2017
tosyne2much:

About four days ago, it stuck leaving me a warning pops up sign "Unfortunately process com.android.system is not responding, you have to factory reset your phone"

I did a factory reset after all attempts to fix it failed with the hope that that would put an end to it but to my amazement, the problem still persists.

Over to you

Na which kind phone u dey use, tecno or wetin?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With My Phone? Gurus Please Rush In by tosyne2much(m): 10:00am On Oct 20, 2017
sureinfo:

Na which kind phone u dey use, tecno or wetin?
I use Infinix Hot 3 baba

(1) (Reply)

Please Help On What Phone To Buy / Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Remote / Glo Network Is Terrible Of Lately. I Cannot Stream Youtube.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.