Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Career Advice Please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Please (534 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / 5 Career Advice You Should Absolutely Ignore / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Advice Please by Leopoundz: 1:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a final year student of the National Open University of Nigeria, studying for B.sc Communication Technology, the course is a part of Information and Communication Technology, which is the Communications technology, I'm not a regular student who focuses on grades but I focus on knowledge, but in Nigeria you need to maintain both, it's quite unfortunate that most people focus on the normal educational system of read to pass, but I'm not like that, I study, I read to understand, I'm passionate about my field and I have studied for skills some which are certified and some are not, I need career advice, I'm gonna list my qualifications, both certified and non certified, but mind you I don't have a working experience yet, so I just have knowledge but haven't been working really much with it, but I still practice some.
CERTIFIED COURSES
1. Diploma in Computer and Network Engineering : this is what I was doing before someone someone advice me not to settle down with a cyber Cafe job, that I need to further my education and increase my knowledge base, so I applied for NOUN and now I'm almost done.
2. Certificate in Android Application Development : a special program by paradigm initiative, can't even remember how much it costs.
3. Diploma in Website Development : I just recently completed this, but I'm focused on how to be a WordPress expert.
And I'm thinking of studying another Course like Digital Marketing but we just resumed 400 level first semester, and so I plan to do that after school, I didn't put my hope in the already over saturated Nigeria labor market but in the actual sense I'll like to work so as to gain working experience before I set up my own organization, but I have a registered business name already registered and approved by CAC.
UNCERTIFIED KNOWLEDGE
blogging,
Great Internet research skills and some that I can't even remember at the moment.
So Please what career advice do you have for me, what are my chances, please professionals in the house help a young brother.
Thanks in advance for your great advice on this.
Re: Career Advice Please by Leopoundz: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Please contribute to a young guy life positively

(1) (Reply)

HSE And Oil & Gas Employment Opportunity / Easy Ways On How To Pass A Job Interview In Nigeria In 2018 / A Media Company Is Looking To Hire A Personal Assistant...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.