Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters (19770 Views)

Lafarge Admits Paying Terrorist Groups In Syria, Enters $778m Plea Agreement / Betting Site For League Of Legends / Meet Kamoru Yusuf And Wife, Bolanle: Kam Industries Owners, Steel Mill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by busariabeyx24(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
This is a pure lie.... I work wit this company and one thing I know is that the steels are imported to 9ja reshaped and exported to other countries... Dem no make the steels from 9ja ooo, the steels come from Ukraine and Poland

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Ashley86400: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
Why is the chairman of African Industries Group Indian? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by cstr1000: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
I hope these guys are not exporting scrap metals.
That is high treason in many countries.
Anyway, I wish them luck if they manufacture from the abundant ore we have. Steel is ''national POWER and strength'' in solid form.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by GavelSlam: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
DesChyko:
At least the steel plants are working.

But..

Think of all the things that steel could do especially vehicle bodies and parts, now that Nigeria is coming into the industry.

But No.. The government can't afford to establish industries to at least accomodate the numbers being churned out of our engineering institutions yearly.

Half bread is better than none sha. Gradually, Hopefully.

It's not government's job to set up industries.

They are to make policies for enterprise to thrive, provide security and infrastructure for ease of business.

Private enterprise, you and me, are meant to be the drivers of economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by cooltola(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
I just hope Dangote should not monopolize the steel industry. One man should not dominate all the steel industry because he is rich. We need a healthy market where others with potential can excel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by cstr1000: 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
cooltola:
I just hope Dangote should not monopolize the steel industry. One man should not dominate all the steel industry because he is rich. We need a healthy market where others with potential can excel.

Chairman, African industries group: RAJ GUPTA
Group executive Director: Uche iwuamadi

Dangote is got nothing do with it and thank God for that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by erico2k2(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
daveP:
If its ajaokuta then i know why the location wasnt given, and thats still = kwaruption. it still needs the attention though.
Yep.remember wen they where telling Nigerians refinaries where working ? What's the news now
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
busariabeyx24:
This is a pure lie.... I work wit this company and one thing I know is that the steels are imported to 9ja reshaped and exported to other countries... Dem no make the steels from 9ja ooo, the steels come from Ukraine and Poland
Ahaha so nor be even extraction them dey talk Dis guys shaaa a a
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by daveP(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Yep.remember wen they where telling Nigerians refinaries where working ? What's the news now
Under dangote? then i sense fear of failure on their part. thus theyve not done their homework then. dangote is always the coverup, cloud to fool nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by juman(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
Fake news.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by juman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Yeah, you got it.

It's false news.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by yemidadiva(f): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Oh wow!! nice move, gradually moving from import oriented to export oriented... I hope other industries join the flow..
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Mrkumareze(m): 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
So we are now supporting yet we can't get it cheap here .
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by yemidadiva(f): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
The company here is a subsidiary, where the parent company is in India. An Indian being the chairman, is known as the polycentric business approach (where managers from the parent company or subsidiaries are appointed to fill key managerial positions. I Hope That Answered Your Question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by amunites19(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
What a great story! good job please keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
yemidadiva:
The company here is a subsidiary, where the parent company is in India. An Indian being the chairman, is known as the polycentric business approach (where managers from the parent company or subsidiaries are appointed to fill key managerial positions. I Hope That Answered Your Question.
So this has nothing to do with Nigerian steel . So why is this article worded as if we extract ours .
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by yemidadiva(f): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
At least, we're starting frm somewhere. a subsidiary in our country will benefit us loads, we'll also have locals in key managerial positions. plus, it will also help our GDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
...is the news referring to those opened nyash 1914 model FIAT trailers going out of Apapa everyday loaded with steels of different shapes.

Just asking if that's an exportation to mororia abi morocco.

grow up pls.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Omooba77: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
busariabeyx24:

God bless you for this; the company is around Ogijo; was one of the first staff that started it.
They import billets and smelt scraps.
The Chairman (Mr Gupta) is using the coy to siphon money; he has other interest around Eleganza house Apapa.
Iam not too sure of the capacity to export.....I left the coy more than 14 years now
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by fleetfeet: 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
You are absolutely correct. Nigeria has no business exporting steel for now as we still import the same product from China on a daily basis. Unless they export it cheap and then import it at a higher price making double money on one product from one client.

The Indians are the least people we shud allow access to our critical assets-they are out to destroy so we can rely on their economy.

ponziponzi:
Very stupid achievement. You are not making steels, you are just depleting the country of its valuable scraps that should sustain the small rolling mills. These people should be excuted for this.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by four4: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
busariabeyx24:
hmmm! tell me more, which one of their company? what is the location of the company? Mr u known nothing about the company
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by GavelSlam: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
Omooba77:

God bless you for this; the company is around Ogijo; was one of the first staff that started it.
The Chairman (Mr Gupta) is using the coy to siphon money; he has other interest around Eleganza house Apapa.
Iam not too sure of the capacity to export.....I left the coy more than 14 years now

You left 14 years ago and can tell categorically what they do today?
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by GavelSlam: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
erico2k2:

So this has nothing to do with Nigerian steel . So why is this article worded as if we extract ours .

Is that your deduction from what was written?

Why are you people so full of mischief?
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by four4: 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
Omooba77:

Mr Man, AFL you worked 14yrs ago is not AfL of 2017
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Omooba77: 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
four4:

I still get people there sir. Also I have passed there a couple of times.
You dont need to believe it sir

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by enomakos(m): 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
ponziponzi:
Very stupid achievement. You are not making steels, you are just depleting the country of its valuable scraps that should sustain the small rolling mills. These people should be excuted for this.
what are you saying?
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by natznext(m): 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
yemidadiva:
Sleeping Beauty...
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Omooba77: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
yemidadiva:

Gupta is the sole owner of this company ma.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Omooba77: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
four4:
It used to be Africa Steel Mills
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by Omooba77: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
four4:
hmmm! tell me more, which one of their company? what is the location of the company? Mr u known nothing about the company

Steel mill is around Ogijo, Ikorodu-Sagamu express road.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
GavelSlam:

Is that your deduction from what was written?

Why are you people so full of mischief?
Me full of mischief? how?
I said these guys import Iron Ore to add carbon to make into steel and export and you are saying I got a different reasoning to waht I said how does your statement change the fact of waht I just said?.Im of an Engineering background so I know waht Im talking about,
This so called exported steel, where do they get the raw materials from?
The bottom line is they should concentrate on extracting the Iron Ores we have in Aladja and Ajakute in the first instance !
As we speak their Ore is from Ukraine.
Re: Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters by yemidadiva(f): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
And where is d headquarter located?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start In Nigeria With N3000000 / Make Money Online With Email Processing, What Do You Think? / US Supports 18,000 Nigerian Businesses With $244m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.