Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? (1328 Views)

My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller / I Think These Apps Can Work On Your Pc / Help I Think My System Has A Malware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by Bodeline: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good Day Nairalanders. please help me out because I think I am losing my mind here. so I saw a HP 15 laptop on sale at the tune of 66k (attached is the link
https://wuse-ii./computers-and-laptops/hp-15-core-i5-laptop-750gb-hdd-6gb-ram-9535313.html?cur_pos=11&pos=11&page=3&ads_count=1417&ads_per_page=24 ). I hit up the cell of the agent who he said is Austin Mommodu. He told me he is in Lokoja while I base in Kwara State.

According to him, His company Netfame Marketing Concept were running a clearance sale to clear their goods from their warehouse, which made them slash the price by 5O% (resulting to the price of 66k). I googled the company online and I saw their presence on vconnect and Jumia so I thought they were genuine.

He told me I could deposit the sum to his bank account with the following details and it would be delivered as he has an agent coming to Ilorin.

Bank Name: Diamond Bank
Account Name: Netfame Marketing Concept
Account Number: 7783113629

He told me that there's option for part payment and full payment, where full payment would attract 1O% discount. I didn't buy the idea of full payment so I went with half payment. Reason Being that he told me that I can balance the agent later.

After payment was made, he said his dispatch agent left lokoja around past 11 and should be in Ilorin by 6:3O. I decided to wait while going about my daily business.

it was close to 6pm and I didnt hear anything from the agent nor mommodu. I called the agent several times but he didn't pick my calls. Mommodu delayed in picking but he told me he would get back to me. since then, he didn't pick my call no more. it was not until when I used my brother's phone to call him that I knew it was a sham. His number is 08166563929.

This made me realize... I had been had! Jiji claims nothing can be done in event of such ordeals. What if jiji connive with these scammers to reap us all off. This is just terrible. My only consolation is that I didn't pay full price and God will replace what was lost.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by kingreign(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Bodeline:
Good Day Nairalanders. please help me out because I think I am losing my mind here. so I saw a HP 15 laptop on sale at the tune of 66k (attached is the link
https://wuse-ii./computers-and-laptops/hp-15-core-i5-laptop-750gb-hdd-6gb-ram-9535313.html?cur_pos=11&pos=11&page=3&ads_count=1417&ads_per_page=24 ). I hit up the cell of the agent who he said is Austin Mommodu. He told me he is in Lokoja while I base in Kwara State.

According to him, His company Netfame Marketing Concept were running a clearance sale to clear their goods from their warehouse, which made them slash the price by 5O% (resulting to the price of 66k). I googled the company online and I saw their presence on vconnect and Jumia so I thought they were genuine.

He told me I could deposit the sum to his bank account with the following details and it would be delivered as he has an agent coming to Ilorin.

He told me that there's option for part payment and full payment, where full payment would attract 1O% discount. I didn't buy the idea of full payment so I went with half payment. Reason Being that he told me that I can balance the agent later.

After payment was made, he said his dispatch agent left lokoja around past 11 and should be in Ilorin by 6:3O. I decided to wait while going about my daily business.

it was close to 6pm and I didnt hear anything from the agent nor mommodu. I called the agent several times but he didn't pick my calls. Mommodu delayed in picking but he told me he would get back to me. since then, he didn't pick my call no more. it was not until when I used my brother's phone to call him that I knew it was a sham. His number is 08166563929.

This made me realize... I had been had! Jiji claims nothing can be done in event of such ordeals. What if jiji connive with these scammers to reap us all off. This is just terrible. My only consolation is that I didn't pay full price and God will replace what was lost.

One word, Greed!

One phrase, you are greey and its made you fall for a cheap old school scam.

To get your pound of flesh back, take the transaction detail plus teller, or transaction ID to your bank and lodge a complaint, get a copy to Nearest police divisional headquarters. They'll follow it. It would be slow and you may pay more.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by Iseoluwani: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
Bodeline:

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by maverickdude(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
Eyah...u bleeped up big time
Paying for something u dont see is d greatest stupidity av ever seen on classified sites like jiji,olx etc
Sorry bro,just move on
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by Remedy007: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2017
I saw thesame ad on jiji but a different name,
Monday Asore.
It was a HP laptop (pavilion G4 white) with an interesting and mouth watering specifications @65k. I picked interest, so i had to querry him in a chat to know how genuine he is.
This was the number 08135961478 i communicated him with before he gave me the one you dropped above which he claimed was the company number, we chatted for long and i more of interrogated him than ask him questions.
He told me they are registered on CAC, so i hit them up on CAC website but didn't see a business name matched to the location he gave me.
He said their business name is Netfame Marketing Concept and They stay in Somep Plaza, 114 Murtala Mohammed Way, Lokoja
I tried them out on Facebook nothing came up, i googled them but the search result came out narrowed, the only link that came up with their name is on m. vconnect. com
Which doesn't give any detail apart from what he told me, (that is the business name and location).
I decided to investigate them more but i had been looking for whom to help me check the location he gave me since i my self stays in the east, but i haven't seen anyone yet to help me out with it, so i decided to take my chill till i see who is gonna help me check them out.
He claimed to be married man with kids and can't stoop so low to be scamming people of such little of an amount. Attached herein is a picture on his WhatsApp page.
I will advice you give him another 24hrs or less, still call him and see how it plays out before you could make conclusions.
If you have anybody in lokoja, ask them to help you check out the address, other Nairalanders who stays in lokoja should still Please help check the address aswell so that other people won't be scammed aswell for God knows how many has been scammed on this.
07033224299 chat me up on that line.

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by dushman04: 1:54am On Oct 20, 2017
Sorry bro,was almost scammed the same way when i saw a mouth watering deal on jiji last year and the seller was asking me to pay 70% of the asking price before he delivered it,claiming they are doing "clearance" sales
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? by udemzyudex(m): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2017
How can you pay for something you've never seen? Moreover no sane person will sell hp15 core i5 for 66k unless it is a stolen laptop.

You still have the account number, you can start a case from there if you want to.
Next time check very well, jumia /konga black Friday will never give you such spec for 66k, you should have ask questions.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help,ahsan Virus How Can It Be Removed From Pc (Resolved) / Mtn 3g Fastlink Modems For Sale! / Repair Of Ipad,iphone Or Ipod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.