Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller (1213 Views)

Why Jiji Should Be Avoided At All Cost - A Serious Something. / I Need Pm 4 Desktop And Flat Screen From Quick Seller At Computer Village / I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
FRAUD ALERT!!!

Good day fellow Nlanders...

I want to share my experience with a certain laptop dealer on Jiji.

So I decided that it was time to get another laptop, after my old laptop had some physical damage.
Owing to the fact that I've had successful transactions on jiji in the past, I decided to log in to my jiji account and scout for an affordable US/London used laptop of my choice.

I finally stumbled on a seller's account with the laptop of my choice.
I contacted the seller right away on jiji and he gave me his WhatsApp contact so we could discuss better.

We continued negotiations on WhatsApp.
The laptop had a price tag of 75,000 naira on his jiji account, but I was able to beat it down to 70k naira.
Since my old laptop only had a broken screen, bad keyboard and a damaged hard drive, I decided to swap.

I told him I would add 50k to my old laptop to make up for the agreed 70,000 naira. He disagreed, but later agreed to settle for 52k plus my old laptop.

He also stated he is giving me a one month warranty on the laptop.

Long story short, we met physically and carry out the transaction.
I did a transfer of 52,000 naira to his account gave him my old laptop and charger, while he also gave me the acclaimed US used laptop and charger.
The laptop was working well when I inspected it.

Unfortunately, just after two (2) days, the laptop screen started flickering and eventually white out but every other thing is fine, at least for now.

I notified him on WhatsApp and he promised to solve the issue.
After some days, he said he got an engineer willing to fix another screen for the sum of 17k....

He said he doesn't have up to that and suggested that we split the money. He promise to drop 11k, while I drop 6k.
I vehemently disagreed, but later agreed after like 2 days.

It's almost 3 weeks now, still he's yet to keep to his words, and has even stop picking my calls and not replying to my messages on WhatsApp.
The engineer refused to fix the screen, unless he receives his money from the seller.
His engineer later told me of other buyers who have also had issues with the seller in the past.

Below are his details....

Account name - Okafor Tochukwu Henry.
Account number - 2085680470
Bank name - UBA
Contacts - 07059255099 (WhatsApp)
His Jiji account's name— Chrislinks Computers
He stays in ikorodu, commonly called HENRY.

The laptop he sold to me is HP pavilion G62 core i3 4gb 320gb.
I've also got his wife's contact, but I don't want to post that here just yet.

Really need someone to help me out here.

I've also got proof of payment and other evidence against him.
Here is my email — Solufemi663@gmail.com

Cc lalasticlala
Mynd44
Skydancer
Dominique
Funlord

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by WiszyFraud: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
shocked
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by isholapeter9(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2021
That's not a SCAM nah,that he even agreed to fix it for you,now u are coming to Nairaland to talk trash,u for carry am go computer village nah make dem collect your money run,den u will know wot's "SCAM"

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
isholapeter9:
That's not a SCAM nah,that he even agreed to fix it for you,now u are coming to Nairaland to talk trash,u for carry am go computer village nah make dem collect your money run,den u will know wot's "SCAM"

I expected a response like this.

The thing is the guy only said that to calm me down for days. He doesn't intend to fix anything.

Even the engineer he introduced me to later confirmed to me that the guy is know for shady acts like this.
At first he lied to me that he had sent the 11k to the engineer, which he and the engineer later confirmed to be false.

The engineer even gave me 2 scenarios of people that fell victim to this same guy. He is even still owing the engineer some amount of money.

It's been 3 weeks now yet, no solution. He picked my call once yesterday and asked me to stop disturbing him on the issue again.

He isn't picking my calls nor replying to my messages anymore.

He has even stopped picking the engineer's calls as well.

Does that show any sign of cooperation?
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Otunbaigwe(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2021
I'll suggest you go through legal ways with the fraudster. Na dem

1 Like

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Bankowner: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
Are you saying you didn’t collect a receipt for the laptop when you paid? Was the one month warranty given verbal or documented?

Buying things online, especially from people you hardly know, is fraught with huge risks and you have to do everything you can to mitigate the risks as much as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
Bankowner:
Are you saying you didn’t collect a receipt for the laptop when you paid? Was the one month warranty given verbal or documented?

Buying things online, especially from people you hardly know, is fraught with huge risks and you have to do everything you can to mitigate the risks as much as possible.

I have the receipt with me.

Concerning the warranty, he stated that on our WhatsApp chat.
I have the screenshot.
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
Otunbaigwe:
I'll suggest you ho through legal ways with the fraudster. Na dem

I know of this, and working towards that. I have enough evidence to pull that through.

But I'm looking for a quicker way to get him to cooperate and get the issue solved.
I need to go back to school as soon as possible.
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Bankowner: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2021
If you have the receipt then you can take it up with him using the Police and if you handle it properly, he’ll be the one spending money to get himself off the hook.

Jidex1:

I have the receipt with me.

Concerning the warranty, he stated that on our WhatsApp chat.
I have the screenshot.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by macrodata(m): 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Can't you just create another account, agree to meet with him in person for another transaction & arrest him? You're a learner!

1 Like

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
Bankowner:
If you have the receipt then you can take it up with him using the Police and if you handle it properly, he’ll be the one spending money to get himself off the hook.

I'm working on that already.

I'm also finding other alternatives to get to him faster, as I need to be back in school already.
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
macrodata:
Can't you just create another account, agree to meet with him in person for another transaction & arrest him? You're a learner!

A cousin of mine is helping me with that but it seems the guy is getting suspicious
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Otunbaigwe(m): 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
Jidex1:

I know of this, and working towards that. I have enough evidence to pull that through.

But I'm looking for a quicker way to get him to cooperate and get the issue solved.
I need to go back to school as soon as possible.
Then maybe you get a friend who can connect you to a military personal who would insist your money back or nothing.
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Otunbaigwe:

Then maybe you get a friend who can connect you to a military personal who would insist your money back or nothing.

Unfortunately, I don't have such option.

I would really appreciate it, if you can link me up with any military personnel in lag.

Can I contact you?
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Adewale1603(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
these are one of the risks of buying things online, especially a system. its a one time transaction thing. you don't get enough time to test what you are buying and this is what those scammers know very well and use against you to sell faulty laptops or devices,

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Happy Sunday you all.

I appreciate all the responses so far.

I've kept trying to reach the guy since yesterday but he has blatantly refused to pick my calls.

I plead to everyone to help me call him out via his contact - 07059255099 Henry

I believe if he keep receiving calls from multiple callers, then he would know how serious the issue is. THANKS!!!

I might even post his wife's contact here later.
Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by skydancer: 8:37am On Aug 30, 2021
Jidex1:
FRAUD ALERT!!!

Good day fellow Nlanders...

I want to share my experience with a certain laptop dealer on Jiji.

So I decided that it was time to get another laptop, after my old laptop had some physical damage.
Owing to the fact that I've had successful transactions on jiji in the past, I decided to log in to my jiji account and scout for an affordable US/London used laptop of my choice.

I finally stumbled on a seller's account with the laptop of my choice.
I contacted the seller right away on jiji and he gave me his WhatsApp contact so we could discuss better.

We continued negotiations on WhatsApp.
The laptop had a price tag of 75,000 naira on his jiji account, but I was able to beat it down to 70k naira.
Since my old laptop only had a broken screen, bad keyboard and a damaged hard drive, I decided to swap.

I told him I would add 50k to my old laptop to make up for the agreed 70,000 naira. He disagreed, but later agreed to settle for 52k plus my old laptop.

He also stated he is giving me a one month warranty on the laptop.

Long story short, we met physically and carry out the transaction.
I did a transfer of 52,000 naira to his account gave him my old laptop and charger, while he also gave me the acclaimed US used laptop and charger.
The laptop was working well when I inspected it.

Unfortunately, just after two (2) days, the laptop screen started flickering and eventually white out but every other thing is fine, at least for now.

I notified him on WhatsApp and he promised to solve the issue.
After some days, he said he got an engineer willing to fix another screen for the sum of 17k....

He said he doesn't have up to that and suggested that we split the money. He promise to drop 11k, while I drop 6k.
I vehemently disagreed, but later agreed after like 2 days.

It's almost 3 weeks now, still he's yet to keep to his words, and has even stop picking my calls and not replying to my messages on WhatsApp.
The engineer refused to fix the screen, unless he receives his money from the seller.
His engineer later told me of other buyers who have also had issues with the seller in the past.

Below are his details....

Account name - Okafor Tochukwu Henry.
Account number - 2085680470
Bank name - UBA
Contacts - 07059255099 (WhatsApp)
His Jiji account's name— Chrislinks Computers
He stays in ikorodu, commonly called HENRY.

The laptop he sold to me is HP pavilion G62 core i3 4gb 320gb.
I've also got his wife's contact, but I don't want to post that here just yet.

Really need someone to help me out here.

I've also got proof of payment and other evidence against him.
Here is my email — Solufemi663@gmail.com

Cc lalasticlala
Mynd44
Skydancer
Dominique
Funlord

This is bad, but you need to try and get a response from them first, if you're convinced he's defrauding you, you can report them to https://fraudkoboko.com

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter/fraudulent Experience With A Jiji Seller by Jidex1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
skydancer:

This is bad, but you need to try and get a response from them first, if you're convinced he's defrauding you, you can report them to https://fraudkoboko.com

I kept calling his line, he kept ignoring the calls.

He later sent me a message on WhatsApp saying — he wants to introduce me to another engineer. He said he has spoken to the new engineer and I will have to give the engineer 10k while he balance the rest later.

From 6k, he now expects me to pay 10k.

He inflated the replacement cost from 17k to 25k. Hoping to deceive me into believing that he intend to drop 15k.

I've also asked him to give me the new engineer's contact so I can speak with him but he's being reluctant.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Download and Open PDF Files / Help Needed, Is Mtn 3.5g Coverage In Abule-egba, Lagos State? / Ccna Training Center In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.