Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

M.I Abaga Reportedly Suing Nas - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I Abaga Reportedly Suing Nas (248 Views)

MI Abaga "The Guy" Album Review - TrendyBeatz / DOWNLOAD MP3: Lil Nas X – Holiday / Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

M.I Abaga Reportedly Suing Nas by CelebrityTell: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
Rapper M.I and his label Chocolate City are suing to court hip-hop artist Nasir Jones, better known as Nas.

According to PulseNg, Chocolate City claims, in 2013, the sum of $50,000 was paid to Nas and a co-defendant Ronnie Goodman to secure a verse from Nas on M.I’s track “Man.”

The track was to feature in M.I’s album “Chairman,” and Nas’ verse was to contain the words, phrases and facts “M.I, Chocolate City, Nigeria, Queens, New York—NAS’s hometown—, Mandela, Trayvon Martin, and the struggles of Africans and African Americans.”

A verse dubbed the “possible verse” was sent to Chocolate City by the defendants, but did not contain any of the “agreed-upon names, phrases and facts,” nor did it contain anything to indicate it was a collaboration between Nas and M.I.

The verse was sent back, with the defendants agreeing to make the desired changes.

However, up until the present day, neither the edited verse nor the mastered recording has been sent to Chocolate City.

Chocolate City are demanding that the defendants pay to the sum of $1.1 million, with punitive damages and attorney’s fees, for their refusal to refund the initial $50,000, their refusal to send an edited verse or master recording, and for losses and damages suffered.

See the lawsuit here=>http://celebritytell.com/m-i-abaga-reportedly-suing-legend-nas/

(1) (Reply)

Jerryknee-gvme New Hit / Music Site.. / (video) : Enjoy This Amazing Freestyle From Sauce Prince.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.