Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,208 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos (1276 Views)

EFCC Arrests Adedamola Adewale "Adeherself", 4 Others For Internet Fraud / Policeman Injured During Gun Battle With Armed Robbers In Bayelsa. Photos / Customs Officials Kill 2 In Ogun, Others Injured During House Raid. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by raker300: 10:04am On Oct 21, 2017
Nigerian Army personnel attached to Exercise Crocodile Smile II allegedly killed one Sadiq Ismaila, 20, and fled with his body to cover up the crime.

Four others including Paul Abudu and Bridget Afolabi were injured in the incident which occurred The incident occurred around 1:30pm, at Oniru Block Village, Lekki on Tuesday.

It was gathered that the soldiers, who came in a convoy comprising three armoured tanks and eight Hilux vans, had on Sunday stormed the neighbourhood and arrested 76 persons.

According to The Nation, the soldiers shot sporadically, sending residents and workers scampering to safety. Ismaila, who was packing blocks in the village, abandoned them on hearing the gunshots.

About 65 of those arrested were handed over to the Maroko Police Division, which transferred them to the Lagos State Taskforce on Environment. Others were released at the army barrack where they were allegedly subjected to hard labour and made to sleep in the open field.

According to a food vendor, Rosaline Adedipe, the soldiers shoot Ismaila, because he refused to stop when the soldiers ordered him to do so .

"They shot him on the head. He was packing blocks when the army men started coming to his direction. People were running and Sadiq ran too. They told him to stop but he refused. He ran towards the fence and it was while he was standing by the fence that one of them told the other one: “Wait! I will kill him”.

“Then, that one fired a shot on his head and Sadiq died on the spot. By that time, they had arrested four other persons. They now told the four men to carry his body into their Hilux van and they fled the area. This is the spot where it happened. See his blood still showing on the ground, despite that sand was used to cover it up.

“What the army people did was very wrong. Sadiq neither drank nor smoked. He was just doing his legitimate job and they killed him like that. Those behind it should be arrested. Let justice be done for Sadiq.”

Narrating his ordeal, Abudu told The Nation that he was running like others when they saw the soldiers but suddenly fell.

“One of the army men followed me. When I fell, he jumped on my arm with his boot. I cried and he left me there. That was how I broke my arm. I am not a criminal. I do not smoke marijuana . I ran because they were just arresting people anyhow.”
Afolabi, who sustained leg injury, said she fell while running to avoid being victim of indiscriminate arrest.

He, however admitted that there were some people who indulged in illegal drug abuse.

Reacting to the incident, The Block Village Chairman, Bola Ekundayo, urged President Buhari and Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to probe Ismaila’s death.

“I know Sadiq very well. He’s a young man from Oyo State. He just recently finished learning tailoring. He was packing blocks at the village to save money," he said.

“He neither drank alcohol nor smoked. He was very gentle and respectful. Most of us here are block makers. This place used to be a ghetto where they smoked marijuana but the police have flushed most of them out. So, we renamed it Block Village because we are into block business. Why did they carry his body away after killing him? Is it not because they wanted to cover up their crime? When I heard of the incident, I called the Divisional Police Officer (DCO), Maroko, on phone and told him but he did not come. We are poor people here. Everyone here is afraid because no one knows when the army will come again to cause another trouble.”

Condemning the incident, a lawyer and President, Yoruba Council of Youths, Aremo Hassan vowed to get justice for Ismaila, adding that he was already compiling evidence to formerly report the incident.

“I am at the scene. I have spoken to some of the eyewitnesses and I have also seen the spot where they shot Sadiq. I have seen his blood-stained clothe. This atrocity must not go unpunished.” he had said. In a broadcast message, Hassan wrote:

“Please I just got a distress call that men of the Nigerian Army code named ‘Crocodile Smile 2’ attached to the Epe Army Barracks, without any provocation have killed one innocent man, Mr. Sodiq Ismail, 20, from Ona Ara Local Government Area in Ibadan, Oyo State.

“The soldiers left with the deceased body in their armoured vehicles to cover up their atrocities. The incident occurred during their rampaging show of strength. Kindly alert the whole world of the evil, injustice and killings committed by them.”

https://m.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/10/photo-20-year-old-apprentice-allegedly-shot-dead-four-others-injured-in-lagos-during-raid-by-soldiers-attached-to-exercise-crocodile-smile-ii.html

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2017
angry

In the peaceful east, Operation python dance

In the relatively peaceful south south, operation crocodile smile

In the peaceful South West, Operation crocodile smile

In the chaotic north, Operation Let there be Peace.

It's only in the north that peace should be let to reign.

Ndi Ara

3 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by raker300: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2017
I laughed when I read this cheesy

Someone should tell me the definition of irony and how it applies to this?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by thorpido(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2017
Crazy military.Why shoot indiscriminately?
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by RoyalBlak007: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2017
♤ RIP to the dead. Complete the sentence below

♤ THIS COUNTRY IS A ___
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by pyyxxaro: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2017
tongue those of u who voted for APC hope u guys are happy

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nukilia: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Operation peace in the North
Operation crocodile smile in the South

God is watching the hunter
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by justineu(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2017
We the omomulabi's are in support of operation crocodile smile angry grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by EternalTruths: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2017
It is now the turn of Afonjas.

The evil some of them praised the military for committing in the East, has finally visited them.

Rest In Peace

It is unfortunate that your brothers on Nairaland have invited death to your region by supporting crime against humanity in the East.

Ismaila, take heart at the other side of life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by HisSexcellency(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2017
Nice one grin grin
Miscreants should be fished out from wherever they are hiding. Sai Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Racing(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2017
In the voice of Eminem "like toy soldiers". Nigerian military always quick to flex their muscle and power against unarmed civilians in a bid to score some cheap point. Send them to confront those who are armed and fearless, you see them run. The most senseless and powerless military in the whole of the world. Toy soldiers that is what they are . undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 10:27am On Oct 21, 2017
This attitude of the Nigerian military under Buhari killing innocent people unprovoked and hiding their corpse is a really dangerous demonic trend that must be condemned by all ..theese are really dangerous times In Nigeria we must overcome and I pray we never ever return to them again

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by raker300: 10:29am On Oct 21, 2017
Nukilia:
Operation peace in the North
Operation crocodile smile in the South

God is watching the hunter
the south deserves what they get.

Instead of the south to unite, a particular region in the south be claiming sophisticated.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2017
We must come together as a people to fight tyranny in all shades , what kind of govt kill it's citizens unprovoked and hides their body ..This Body hiding trend introduced by the Buhari govt must be stopped as it's is a getaway to unspeakable and unimaginable levels of crime by both security operatives.. Last year it was Zakzaky, next Kanu and now it's an innocent young yoruba bricklayer at work , tomorrow it could be Sarrki or Madridguy returning from club quilox at 2 am ...Evil has no friend so condemn it today

4 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nukilia: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2017
raker300:
the south deserves what they get.

Instead of the south to unite, a particular region in the south be claiming sophisticated.

Working against each other will lead us nowhere
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Joephat(m): 10:35am On Oct 21, 2017
:oi don't know if I am happy or sad but there is this tingy feelings in me that says I am happy.

One afonja down. I hope the guy was not part of those guys I laid curses on?

Bcz they will definitely get their score card for supporting injustice..
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Hector09(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2017
Waiting concern me

2 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 21, 2017
What goes round, comes round. He who sells his brother at night, when the day comes he will regret. There is a time to sell a brother and laugh, but the time of regrets must surely come.

My afonja people, una sorry oooh. IGBOS NEED YORUBAS' SUPPORTS, AND YORUBAS NEED IGBOS' SUPPORT. Quote me anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by alcmene: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2017
kikikkikiki
Laughing in enugu ezike

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by coluka: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2017
Anybody who condemns this action of our patriotic troops must be a terrorist. In fact I support the operation crocodile smile troops to kill more terrorists. That guy who was killed is a terrorist, those complaining are terrorist. If you call into radio or TV to complain about this then it is hate speech and you are fvcking terrorists

1 Like

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Yoshy: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2017
This is wrong, Buharis govt is not getting it right. Did we vote him to maim and kill Nigerians? Shame on anybody that supports this.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2017
HisSexcellency:
Nice one grin grin
Miscreants should be fished out from wherever they are hiding. Sai Nigerian Army
I prephesy unto thee, that there is going to come a time in this land, when southerners will dictate the pace. Today, it is the turn of the north, so enjoy it while it lasts, for nothing last forever.

Oh Rome, where art thou? Britain, where is thy alore? USSR, where has thy strength gone to? I say nothing lasts forever!
Igbos were once there. Then they boasted and laughed, but today they tremble and mourn under northern bondage.
So also will the northern nigerians groan, protest, curse, weep and grind their teeth in the hands of the southern nigerians. SO MOTE IT BE! SO MOTE IT COME TO PAST!
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Celcius: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Unwarranted operation.
They'll claim they have intelligence report the public is not disposed to. With all the resources available to them, they're not Intelligent enough to find Tompolo, Shekau or NK.
All they do is take cheap shots that cost Nigerians more.
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hmm. it's a pity. Such a young live lost. God help us!
Re: 20 Year Old Shot Dead, 4 Others Injured During Crocodile Smile 2 In Lagos by HisSexcellency(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
velai:
I prephesy unto thee, that there is going to come a time in this land, when southerners will dictate the pace. Today, it is the turn of the north, so enjoy it while it lasts, for nothing last forever.

Oh Rome, where art thou? Britain, where is thy alore? USSR, where has thy strength gone to? I say nothing lasts forever!
Igbos were once there. Then they boasted and laughed, but today they tremble and mourn under northern bondage.
So also will the northern nigerians groan, protest, curse, weep and grind their teeth in the hands of the southern nigerians. SO MOTE IT BE! SO MOTE IT COME TO PAST!

Nice dreams grin
Just let me know when you wake up

(1) (Reply)

21-year-old Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper After Getting Dump / Why I Killed Mercy Moses For Money Ritual, Pastor Reveals / Tragic: Woman Beheaded, Tongue, And Throat Cut Off In Oghara, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.