Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? (7969 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / P-square vs Styl-Plus / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
I am so disappointed in these Guys, despite all
The HITs they ve put out since their first album. Style-plus are
Still so broke that each time I see them in Abuja,Especially at one cheap Bar
In Wuse2.I always bury my head in shame for them. You need to see the kind of car they drive, pshhh
Honda prelude!!. I think they should relocate to Lass Giddy If they wanna make it big.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by javalove(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2010
i see dem at d dome often. . .dats not a cheap club/bar innit?
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2010
ferari90:

The HITs they ve put out since their first album. Style-plus are
Still so broke that each time I see them in Abuja,Especially at one cheap Bar
In Wuse2.I always bury my head in shame for them. You need to see the kind of car they drive, pshhh
Honda prelude!!. I think they should relocate to Lass Giddy If they wanna make it big.

Are you kidding me?

Do you know their state of bank accounts? Please stop this backward mentality. Living life in a high social manner is not the measurement of success.

So you based your judgement on the type of cars they drive? You know, not every artist love the lights, blings and Glamour. A few of them have simple common sense that is lacking in some of our artist.

Jesus wept!
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
@post
this is why so many artists out there end up BROKE after a few yrs. they spend all their money on BS to show their flimsy wealth and then end up without a penny.
believe me poster, before buying a top car (to make YOU happy) they should either invest their money or at least BUY A HOUSE.
i would say these guys are the smart ones!
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by mbulela: 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
javalove:

i see dem at d dome often. . .dats not a cheap club/bar innit?

you dey go club and bar
i go issue fatwa for your head.
which kind muslim u be sef??
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2010
@MrBrownJay

You sabi UK teenage group "NDUBZ" right? Guess what, the boys of the group have houses - paid for fully - in Chelsea area. Now that is common sense for you.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2010
@MRbrownJ

if they had. any investment  I don't think they will be  hanging around some cheap
Bar owner for sponsorship.  If you stay around Wuse 2, Parakou cresent. You will understand what I mean.I know a particular
Chik that left one of them. Because of their serious economic situation,
I like their music a lot . That's. Why I will ad vice them to move to lag where their music will be
Appreciated.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2010
ferari90:

@MRbrownJ

if they had. any investment  I don't think they will be  hanging around some cheap
Bar owner for sponsorship.  If you stay around Wuse 2, Parakou cresent. You will understand what I mean.I know a particular
Chik that left one of them. Because of their serious economic situation,
I like their music a lot . That's. Why I will ad vice them to move to lag where their music will be
Appreciated.

How old are you?

This is starting to sound like personal grudge against this folks.

I am forced to ask you what you drive and why you are so keen on talking about them - especially their finance state.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ayettymama(f): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2010
The are broke because of the crappy liscensing and pirating laws in naija!!!!!

Do you know how much money is being made off them in other countries??

Someone needs to catch a hint and begin to establish a proper system for music and musicians in naija!

me inno get time sef btn fashion and retail i wouldve went ino it

money to be made in the world of liscensing
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Elrazur
Nothing personal man!!
The thin just dey vex me , at least they sing as good as Psquare if not better.How come they are not
Making the kind of money. Psquare is making . By the way what I drive not relevant here.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by rapjunkie(m): 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
mbulela:

you dey go club and bar
i go issue fatwa for your head.
which kind muslim u be sef??

lol
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by tavarez(f): 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2010
you see the poster is very right, Shiffi ,Tunde and Zeal are screwing up big tyme going out with underage Girls,and still in A limbo, thier management is not sound u get, they mix friendship with business thier manager Joe has another job so they dont take this music  seriously, they were in Lagos for a while and didnt have anything to show,as they have been trying to remake something like Olufunmi, they Live in my Hood in Abj and i grew up around dem espeially Shifi we used to ball in UTC With Da Capo,

i love these boys i wish they can get thier acts together,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Big Faz Feat Nkay Treat the people Right

I KNOW THAT PARAKOU JOINT U DEY TALK, NA LIKE ZEAL HOUSE,
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Genuflect(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2010
These guys should have moved to Lagos immediately after their first hit. I don't know what kinda managers they have
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
But we do not know for a fact if these guys are broke.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by tavarez(f): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2010
man me im FACTUAL-Quote me,
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2010
tavarez:

man me im FACTUAL-Quote me,

I am waiting for your conclusive proof. smiley Growing up "Around them" is not the same as growing up with them. But then, perhaps you not something I don't.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by tavarez(f): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
and wat do u mean by conclusive proof cheesy wink wink wink wink wink

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE.

#nowplaying Asa Bibanke
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by ElRazur: 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2010
Well as the phrase suggest - something that proves beyond any doubt that they are truly broke.

I think it is easy to say all kind of things about people. These folks may not be keen on the Bling and Glamour of the show biz hence why they sort of lay low? I honestly feel we truly do not know if they are broke or not.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by tavarez(f): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2010
sorry oh EL , I rest My Case,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by aieromon(m): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2010
If you want to make it big,drag your sorry a$$ to Lagos.
Just ask timaya.
Styl-Plus has a management with no creative ideas,what a waste of talent.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by rapjunkie(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2010
aieromon:

If you want to make it big,drag your sorry a$$ to Lagos.
Just ask timaya.
Styl-Plus has a management with no creative ideas,what a waste of talent.

I don't think their new album has done particularly well. . . please somebody correct me if i'm wrong. . . .  .'call my name' and 'imagine that' was a looooong time ago.

if they are full time artists then i can understand how they might be falling on hard times unless they invested properly when they made money from their previous album
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by aieromon(m): 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
A Nigerian artiste doesn't make money from the number of copies sold.those copies push him into the limelight which attract endorsement deals and corporate show contracts.
Look at how much Glo is splashin' on its ambassadors.
Styl-Plus no get style at all.Tuface opened evrybody's eye to corporate endorsement but some are just content to be blind.
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2010
You mean it is a must that for a man of fun not to eat at regular bar and drive a Prelude?
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by maufunky: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2010
@poster,what a stupid topic. So u want them to be lavishing money anyhow.Nonsense angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Shuku: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2010
Well, I don't know if they are broke or not but you definitely can't compare their bank accounts with dat of D'banj you know and considering that they were on the scene first, that's sad, soooooooo sad. plus I really think they ought to go to Lag kapeesh 'cos they are obviously being forgotten. I mean "Styl - Plus" actually released a new album & 3/4 of the country didn't know about it for a coupla weeks. Once upon a time in Nigeria, Styl - Plus ,
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by DisGuy: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
Agbaya Boyband abi na manband sef grin
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by babaogun(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
Timaya: All the way from Bayelsa and hin break into Lagos market,
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2010
And some ppl say DBanj is razz, See what becomes of classy musicians in Naija.

Better be razz like DBanj and gross millions
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Jroy(m): 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
cmon guyz, they only released two albums. Dont make mountain from a mole hill
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
dayokanu:

And some ppl say DBanj is razz, See what becomes of classy musicians in Naija.

Better be razz like DBanj and gross millions

D'banj is still razzz even if he grosses millions. grin
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by deb(m): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
ferari90:

The HITs they ve put out since their first album. Style-plus  are
Still so broke that each time I see them  in Abuja,Especially at one cheap Bar

Typical Naija mentality. If you are not driving big cars and you are not living flamboyantly it automatically means you are broke.
Nonsense mentality that is forcing so many youth to yahoo yahoo and armed robbery.

Living high is not equal to wealth. Some of us drive better cars than Bill Gates, but the question is what does the Bank account say?
Re: Why Are Styl-plus So Broke.!? by wumiabo(f): 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
This is so very unfair, its because of posts like this that artists and celebrities find themselves pushing cocaine (to live up with appearances). Pls leave them alone and live you own life. They have tried at least they have contributed something, what has the poster contributed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naija Music Videos Download Zone / 2face & Dammy Krane - Omo No Dulling (Video) / Shola Allyson---isinmi Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.