Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. (1838 Views)

Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / How To Ace The Bar Finals In The Nigerian Law School By Gabriel Emeasoba (rev. F / Law School Release Bar Finals Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by winner007: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2017
In all honesty, I actually planned for a 1st Class but in all things, I thank God .

This time last year, if you check my posts, you would see me hunting for news on Law school posting. I was finally posted to Kano Campus and I was crushed. How could this happen? I pondered. All the same, I arrived on the resumption date and made no attempt to influence my posting as some friends did.

My goal was to get my result and get out and to achieve this, I turned to people who had made a 1st class last year. There was this new site ekeatehunter. that was conducting deep interviews on 1st class students and I devoured it religiously. I tried my best to contact some of the interviewees and they were really helpful. From this, I was able to get some super important tidbits which I made into a note on my tablet and set as a daily reminder.

In all, I followed everything bit by bit with a few modifications:
1. I ended up reading my notes 7 times.
2. I ended up practising all drafts 3 times.

It is noteworthy that Law school does negative marking hence you graduate with your lowest grade. So you can make 4As and 1D and you will get a pass. This scared the hell outta me initially and I am certain this is the reason I didn't make a first. I am yet to see my renegade course. I made a 2.1

In conclusion, this is an encouragement to those getting in this year. From my story, learn that it is true that "Those who fight for the best, never get the worse".

below was my daily reminder:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by LUGBE: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2017
Congrats, but not really necessary kiss
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by jaychubi: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2017
Congrats
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by falcon01: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2017
2.1 thats low nah. but congrats sha since you are happy
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by Florblu(f): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
falcon01:
2.1 thats low nah. but congrats sha since you are happy

Hmmmmm.....

We know your Story
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by Zico5(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Good, but why is Lagos always ahead in everything. That city is greatly phenomenal. God bless Lagos, God bless south west, God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by falcon01: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Florblu:

Hmmmmm.....
We know your Story
na you sabi
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by charlito94(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
winner007:
In all honesty, I actually planned for a 1st Class but in all things, I thank God .

This time last year, if you check my posts, you would see me hunting for news on Law school posting. I was finally posted to Kano Campus and I was crushed. How could this happen? I pondered. All the same, I arrived on the resumption date and made no attempt to influence my posting as some friends did.

My goal was to get my result and get out and to achieve this, I turned to people who had made a 1st class last year. There was this new site ekeatehunter. that was conducting deep interviews on 1st class students and I devoured it religiously. I tried my best to contact some of the interviewees and they were really helpful. From this, I was able to get some super important tidbits which I made into a note on my tablet and set as a daily reminder.

In all, I followed everything bit by bit with a few modifications:
1. I ended up reading my notes 7 times.
2. I ended up practising all drafts 3 times.

It is noteworthy that Law school does negative marking hence you graduate with your lowest grade. So you can make 4As and 1D and you will get a pass. This scared the hell outta me initially and I am certain this is the reason I didn't make a first. I am yet to see my renegade course.

In conclusion, this is an encouragement to those getting in this year. From my story, learn that it is true that "Those who fight for the best, never get the worse".

below was my daily reminder:

Congrats Barr. K my friend my, room mate and brother wish u all the best... We go jam for court learned colleague.. Congrats man
Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by Ndipe(m): 7:35am On May 16, 2019
2.1 is still impressive. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: My Bar Finals Success Story: How I Passed The Bar Exams. by oduz: 6:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kudos .....

Thanks for sharing .... cool

(1) (Reply)

The Best Public Universities To Pursue A Masters Degree In Nigeria. / Abia State University ( ABSU ) Is Demanding For 30k Before They Can Confirm Rslt / List Of Free Project Topics, Ideas, Final Year Research Project Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.