Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) (2533 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Domestic Afcon [2nd Leg]:Nigeria Vs Niger Republic On Sunday 28th March @ 4pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by auwal87(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2010
Nigeria's chances of qualifying for the second African Nations Championships suffered a major dent when the home-based Super Eagles were beaten 2-0 by Niger Republic on Saturday.

Both goals were scored in the first half of the game in Niamey.

The result means that the team, led by Daniel Amokachi, will have to score at least three times to progress.

A total of 16 teams will contest the second ever championships, double the number that took part in the inaugural event.

Nigeria, led by Okey Emordi failed to qualify.

Source: kickoffnigeria.com
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by tayoast(m): 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by dominique(f): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2010
there's still hope tongue embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by tayoast(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2010
well, sth tells me Amokachi didnt go with d desired team.

may be d desired playas weren't released by their clubs.

this is EMBARRASSING embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by galatico(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2010
Am not surprised they are simply following the footstep of the the Super Chickens the Foreign Eagles!!!
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
shocking!
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by montelik(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
So these are the home based boys that some people said would have won the nations cup for us. Abi nah another set of boys be dis?  undecided undecided
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by hollandis(f): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
So this is the assistant coach that will assist lagerback na wao
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by deb(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
Man! Naija people. We like to deceive ourselves too much. When we played Congo every report you read says Rejected Home Based
Eagles thrashed Congo. They write the reports as if no foreign based players participated, they even make it sound as though all the
goals were scored by the Home based players. Everytime I listen to or read such reports I just shook my head in disbelieve as to how
we like to deceive ourselves in Nigeria both the fans and the media are guilty of this. For me, only one or two Home based players should
always be allowed to make the eagles team and it should be to gain experience and not just to break into the team without meriting it.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by supereagle(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
Amodu was right by not looking in their direction. The means justifies the end.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by chelseabmw(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
am not dissappointed but shocked
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by ohisng(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2010
Is this news? Dont we already know we are a failed nation?
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Meldrick(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2010
ohisng:

Is this news? Dont we already know we are a failed nation?

Dora should have started with you in her re-branding programme
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by FBS: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2010
Eagles gutted by Niger loss

ThankGod Ike says the home-based Super Eagles squad feel gutted after losing 2-0 to Niger and are determined to do everything to qualify.

Goalkeeping errors from Segun Oluwaniyi handed the hosts two goals in the first half, and a plethora of misses by the forwards consigned the Nigerians to a defeat that has stunned and angered fans back home.

Ike says the players are well aware of the implications of failing to qualify.

"We are all disappointed," the defender told KickOffNigeria.com. "Nigerians put so much trust in us and we did not deliver. It will be a shame for us if we fail to qualify but we are determined to make sure we don’t miss out."

Ike said the team played well enough to win.

"They did not even create chances. We just gave away two goals, but we are not blaming anybody.

"We created so many chances and had about 10 shots on goal and five that went wide. But we were just unlucky not to score.

"We won’t make the same mistake in the second leg."

That game comes up in Kano in two weeks time.

Nigeria line up v Niger
Segun Oluwaniyi - Terna Suswan, ThankGod Ike, ThankGod Amaefule (John Huan), Mutiu Adegoke, Isiaka Olawale (Hassan Taiwo), Reuben Gabriel, Chinedu Ezimora, Uche Nwofor (Bello Kofarmata), Osas Idehen, Ejike Uzoenyi

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14383/eagles-gutted-by-niger-loss.php
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Jarus(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2010
Another reason to silence those that claim we should do away with our Europe 'big boys' and start using players in our local league in senior SE.
Ordinary Niger republic, dem no fit beat.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 16, 2010
Did i hear we were beaten by NIGER REPUBLIC??!! >>>>>>>>> shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked 4 REAL??!!!!!!!!!!!
i
i
\/
cry cry cry cry >>>>>>>>>>>> embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Jarus(m): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
I honestly do not think Amokachi has gathered the necessary skills and experience to coach a national team. He appears to be more of action, no tactics. His jumping up and down, and turning prayer warrior(Vs Zambia  grin) and other dramas only make him overshadow Amodu. He is not tested.

I was discussing with a friend a couple of days ago and he argued that NFF only gave Amokachi coaching job so as to earn something for a living after squandering his millions (recall the jet) he made in England in 1990s. It was even said said he begged for the job. It's difficult not to agree with this.

Siasia is way ahead of him.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by FBS: 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
To all those saying ordinary Niger, I ask you, where were you when we beat Congo?
Yes, you all will always complain.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Jarus(m): 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2010
FBS:

To all those saying ordinary Niger, I ask you, where were you when we beat Congo?
Yes, you all will always complain.
Don't you think that versus Congo, we had some foreign based players, and still, Congo is a better footballing nation than Niger.
So Niger defeat is most embarrassing.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by ow11(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
From the highlights we saw on the other thread, I can ssume the team probably failed to put away many chances. However, with those highlights, the absence of John Nnam, Ahmed Musa and Josiah Maduabuchi  in that squad tells me that money changed hands.

What is Olawale doing in that squad? In the beach world cup, he was useless and against Congo was totally anonymous yet gets a start against Niger! We deserve to NOT qualify. .

This biased selection of players and coach (Amokachi is a Arrow) will ruin our footie. Amokachi probably spends his weekends watching the EPL and not the NPL. The coach of the home based Eagles should have been the coach of either Kano Pillars, Heartland or Bayelsa United. These probably have the better players and have come up against some other good players and would have picked the best for us.

On another side, there was a story saying the teperature was in the mid-forties. If this is the case, why didn't Kano Pillars players dominate the squad. Now the return leg will be in Kano, handing an advantage to the visitors shocked shocked shocked
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by oisehumen(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
Wonders shall never end, especially in Nigeria. I dare anybody in the house to challenge my stand that home based eagles should not be included in the national team!
What other proof do we have to show that they are not good enough, after losing 2 nil to Niger? We should stop deceiving ourselves and face the facts.
These boys are not exposed yet and taking them to world cup will be a disaster for us.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by FBS: 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
Jarus:

Don't you think that versus Congo, we had some foreign based players, and still, Congo is a better footballing nation than Niger.
So Niger defeat is most embarrassing.
How many foreign based players were there?
Agreed it is embarrassing to lose to Niger, we should sometimes learn not to ALWAYS condemn.
They tie is not over yet.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Udiculus(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
I am not astonished but disappointed in dose super idiots.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by deb(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
FBS:

How many foreign based players were there?
Agreed it is embarrassing to lose to Niger, we should sometimes learn not to ALWAYS condemn.
They tie is not over yet.

We had 5 foreign based players and I think they (foreign based players) also scored 3 of the goals, 1 goal by home based and the other goal was an own goal.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by mamagee3(f): 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
SuperCows disgraced themselves again, Didn't they? grin
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by FBS: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2010
deb:

We had 5 foreign based players and I think they (foreign based players) also scored 3 of the goals, 1 goal by home based and the other goal was an own goal.
Are we now saying we should close/stop the league?
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by emmydee(m): 9:39am On Mar 17, 2010
thats how it starts. small small, we wont be at the nations cup finals
When we begin to lose the games we should win, thats how we ruin ourselves

Should have beaten Niger 10-0
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by FBS: 10:12am On Mar 17, 2010
^^^
Because Niger came to sell moi-moi on the pitch abi? grin
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Jarus(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2010
FBS:

Are we now saying we should close/stop the league?
No, but they are not good enough for senior national team.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by Johnnny(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2010
I am speechless (like Jackson would say).
Niger?  CHINEKE GOD, PLEASE HELP NIGERIA O
I wouldn't have beleived it in my wildest dream. Ha! na wa o.
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by skyone(m): 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
No this cant be true, it must be a rumour am reading here , Niger republic! since when fulani sabi play football.

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Niger Republic 2 - 0 Super Eagles (home Based) by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2010

(1)

Real Asian Hd Tips> Football Betting= Proof Of Winning / What! Ronaldo Forced To RETURN Ballon D’or Award To Messi After Shock Admission / Six Sigma Black Belt Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.