Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria (2137 Views)

Wizkid & Don Jazzy Celebrate Tiwa Savage As She Wins MTV Best African Act / Davido Congratulates Tiwa Savage As She Sells Out O2 Indigo. See Her Reply / Tania Omotayo Unfollows Tiwa Savage As Wizkid Steps Out With Tiwa For Lunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by Footballyarn(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2017
No doubt unlike their male counterpart , the female relevance in Nigeria music industry is still growing and rapidly ,despite it still in its “baby” stage

The female singers in Nigeria no doubt are very talented and they are really proving not just to Nigeria but to Africa and the World that what the men can do,the women will do it better.

In Nigeria there are so many female singers who not only doing well but also doing better than some of their male counterparts.Singers such as Tiwa Savage, Simi, Yemi Slade who are currently blazing and currently on top of the game.

We have Singers such as Waje, Omawumi who are respected anytime or anyday for their contributions in the growth of the female singers relevancy in Nigeria music industry.

We have singers such as Chidinma, Niyola, Eva, Emmy Naira, splash etc who are also trying.For Example Chidinma, at a point was dropping hot songs back to back, she had lot of eyes on her with lot of expectations from as and this is because she was the winner of MTN project fame, a singing reality show.But recently,she has been so quite.

Just like the male counterpart, there also exist a form of competition between the two hot singers as to who is better than the other.The completion Here is between Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade.
Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade are my top two favourites as they are good in what they do.
But I think Yemi Alade is the Queen of Nigeria music.

Tiwa savage use to be the best as she entertained us with good songs, Even before joining Marvin records, song like “_kele kele love” was a banger. Her career improved greatly after she decided to work with Don Jazzy. She dropped “sweet” songs such as Eminado, My Darling,Wanted etc. She was iinfact the most heard about female singer in Nigeria.

Not until Yemi Alade arrived and decided to dethrone her so she(yemi alade) could become the new Queen. Which she ssucceeded in doing.

Yemi Alade is the most hardworking female singer in Africa, her wworksstarted to yield positive results, she was named the best female artiste in Africa during the MTV Base MAMA awards in 2015, she continued to improve and therefore won the award again which makes it the second time in a row,back to back.

Tiwa Savage has been a bit quiet recently, as most of her singles didn’t make wave. Though just like before she has been having impressive and applaudable performance in shows but her music anticipation dropped recently.

Yemi Alade seem to have used this opportunity of Tiwa relaxing to overtake Tiwa.Yemi Alade has been touring the world recently, not so long ago she toured America.

Yemi Alade has been featuring other African artiste, which leads to awareness. Yemi Alade has the highest views for any Africa lady on YouTube.Yemi Alade has been very busy in the studio dropping hits by hits, from globally recognised Koffi An an to Charlee to Knack am etc,and there is some of her songs where she sang with English, Swahili, French, songs like Na God and there is this particular one she also sang with French and Swahili, although she later sang the French version of the popular “Johnny”.

With these method of singing with different languages, she is trying to unite Africa, she doesn’t want language to be a barrier and for sure this will increase her fan base.

Yemi Alade is the present Queen of Africa Music as she never planned to relax, no not now, she is really working hard, dropping songs regularly, and these songs are always a hit.

This article is based on my opinion and I respect your decision if you think or feel otherwise.

http://www.gabafrica.com/2017/10/11/how-yemi-alade-overtook-tiwa-savage-as-the-best-female-music-artiste-in-nigeria/

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by Florblu(f): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2017
Your last sentence calmed my aggravated anger

7 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by thesicilian: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2017
Yemi Alade is an original African musician, Tiwa Savage is a fake-ass Beyonce wannabe.

1 Like

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by mexxmoney: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2017
I think you're just writing from a biased and not an objective perspective. I guess you're a strong Yemi fan. I am also a fan of both singers. I struggle to understand where you got your conclusion that Most of Tiwa's singles didn't make waves. I'd like you to mention her supposed singles that didn't make waves. I love both artistes and I won't be dragged into the argument of who is Queen or not but I think we should base our assertions on verifiable facts and not spurious or imagined facts.

2 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by Neminc: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
Tiwa Savage is the undisputed queen of African music

5 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by itchie: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2017
OP, you're wrong. I think you need some sugarcane in your life. tiwa is still no.1

6 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by Chrisbeks: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2017
There is only one Queen of African music now and she is Queen T, tiwa savage

5 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by Megatrix: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2017
I totally disagree with this post. Op get ur facts right

4 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by SonyObsessed: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2017
OP Have you been living under a rock?

The Queen is back!!

5 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by coluka: 9:35am On Oct 23, 2017
To nack this op jazz just dey hungry me but e be like say yemi don already "knack am" something. Tiwa Savage is the boss

3 Likes

Re: How Yemi Alade Overtook Tiwa Savage As The Best Female Music Artiste In Nigeria by reyamu: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2017
tot it was the other way around

(1) (Reply)

‘I Begged Wizkid & Davido To Reconcile” – Paul Okoye Reveals / Hilarious Photo Of Nollywood Actors Wearing Baby Diapers On Set / Kemi Olunloyo Floored In An Interview With TVC Over Busola & Fatoyinbo's Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.