Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Reflect - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reflect (445 Views)

Reflect On These Quran Verses Anytime You Want To Commit A Sin / Muharram 1442AH: Time To Reflect, Resolve & Reclaim / Muslim's Should Reflect On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reflect by Taqwaconcept(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
DON'T LET THE SHAYTAN IN!!

EVERY PERSON MUST KNOW THIS!!
SPREAD THIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE UMMAH!!

ARRANGING THE ROWS PERFECTLY - FOOT TO FOOT, SHOULDER TO SHOULDER!!!

It is obligatory for the Muslims during Jma’ah prayer to make their rows straight and compact and to close the gaps between them. That is done by standing shoulder-to-shoulder and foot-to-foot. It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Make your rows straight, stand shoulder to shoulder and close the gaps, and do not resist your brothers’ hands. Do not leave any gaps for the Shaytaan. Whoever complete a row, Allah will reward him, and whoever breaks a row, Allah will forsake him“. Abu Dawood said: What is meant by “Do not resist your brothers’ hands” is that a man should be easy-going if his brother pushes him forwards or backwards to make the row straight.
(‘Awn al-Ma’bood).

[Abu Dawood #620 & Al-Nasaa’i #819. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 620]

Abu Mas'ud reported (May Allah be pleased with him), The Messenger of Allah (peace he upon him) used to touch our shoulders in prayer and say: Keep straight, don't be irregular, for there would be division/disagreement in your hearts. Let those of you who are sedate (Calm, dignified, and unhurried) and prudent (careful and sensible) be near me, then those who are next to them, then those who are next to them. Abu Mas'ud said: Now-a-days there is much dissension amongst you.

[Sahih Muslim Bk 4, Number 868, 869, 871, 872, 873, 874, 875]

Narrated By Anas bin Maalik: The Prophet said, "Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back."

Anas added, "Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion." [Bukhari #692]

Brothers and sisters in order for these mistakes not to occur during congregational prayer, we must let others know. Many are unaware of these common mistakes in prayer and hence don't act!! It's our duty as Muslims to spread the word as much as possible. Just think do we really want Shaytan to fill the gaps?

Do we really need to hear his whispers during our time with Allah?
Do we? I'm sure we don't!!

Must share!! Jazaakumullahu khaeran

Re: Reflect by AlBaqir(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
AlBaqir:
PROPHET'S CALL WAS "STRAIGHTEN OF ROWS"

1. Abu Mas`ud reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) used to gently pat our shoulders when we were standing in rows at the time of Salat and say, “Keep (the rows) straight; do not differ from each other lest your hearts should suffer from discord. Let those of you who are mature and prudent be nearer to me, and then those who are next to them.” [Muslim]

2. Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet (sa) said, “Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back.” Anas added, “Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion.” [Bukhari]

NB: The underlined statements are Anas' not the prophet.

3. Anas b. Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said: Straighten your rows for the straightening of a row is a part of the perfection of prayer. [Muslim]

4. Narrated By Abdullah ibn Umar : The Prophet (sa) said: “Arrange the rows in order, stand shoulder to shoulder, close the gaps, be accommodating to your brothers, and do not leave gaps for Satan. Whoever joins up a row, he will be joined to Allah (i.e., to the Mercy of Allah); and whoever cuts off a row, he will be cut off from Allah (i.e., from His Mercy).” [Abu Dawud]

Side comment
Majority failed to understand the philosophy of standing straight in a row "shoulder to shoulder" rather than mechanical ignorant-publicized "let your shoulders and feet touched each other". Apparently, Prophet never ordered that going through those ahadith above rather his emphasis is on straighten the line, keeping to one another (not in a tightened form of discomfort we see today). This lowers ego when at least you see there is no difference between you and the person next to you, before Allah upon whom you stand.

And if the Prophet said "so that satan do not stand between you on the left gap", he never meant satan in his form for this creature whispers into mind rather than "physical" standing. If he meant physical standing as presented in the silly picture above, and as it is always been preached today, shaitan will gladly make a bond with Imam that leads the Jama'ah since he's the only one upfront.

What the Prophet meant is keeping distance between each other in row during salat MIGHT be as a result of pride, ego etc. For example, an arrogant rich man might not want to stand along with his poor brethren. This is handiwork of satan which the hadith guides against.

This ahadith are beautiful in its philosophical teachings. Unfortunately it is often preached too literal today.

You can read the heated dialogue here:

www.nairaland.com/2707581/straightening-rows-standing-shoulders-shoulders

1 Like

Re: Reflect by Taqwaconcept(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Naam You are right my brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Required Of Widower Mourning Her Husband Demise? / Death Toll Of Nigerian Pilgrims Increases / Keeping Of The Beards Prevents Cancer For Males

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.