Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. (4934 Views)

We Don't Want Evil Prophecy Concerning 2022 / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by Ranchhoddas: 4:21am On Oct 29, 2017
Horlufemi:

Once you download lemme know. So I can remove it.
Thanks. It's an epub file. The PDF format is unlike any I've ever seen.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by Horlufemi(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Thanks. It's an epub file. The PDF format is unlike any I've ever seen.
I don't understand
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by ScienceWatch: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2017
vaxx:
bro, I will be glad if you can get me the name...

Ok Sir, I will see what I can do. Vaxx, from what I have observed of your many deep probing dialogues, you dont need help with higher reasoning. God has blessed you with a sound mind. You have seen through the cruel, hidden motives of the Atheists agenda.

They are not truth seekers.

Reason is the faculty of correct thinking, which seeks truth and which ensures that its activity shall start with all the observed facts of actual experience. Emmanuel TV is only one powerful example of why millions world wide are breaking free from Atheisms mere speculation. They pride themselves as masters of logic, But their premises are faulty even though only a few may nevertheless think correctly, yet arrive at wrong conclusions.

Reason avoids this mistake.

Many use the term "Reason" as a synonym for mere speculation. The annals of metaphysics are filled with numerous flights of sheer
fancy which have been given a seemingly rational direction. That kind of thinking that ignores the facts of others real, live, global testimonies is not reasoning in the real sense.

Although both logic and reason set up the same criterion that thinking shall not fall into self-contradiction, and that it shall not be loose and crooked, Logic alone is satisfied with partial facts whereas the reason demands nothing less than totality of facts combined with demonstrable evidence of personal experience.

The mental faculty of intellect, which may be defined as the activity of logical thinking, is always swayed by personal desires and individual bias to choose its data preferentially, whereas reasoning, which may be defined as the activity of truthful thinking, is rigorously impersonal and detaches its feelings from the handling of facts.

The observed facts of actual experience on Emmanuel TV is only one powerful example of why millions world wide are breaking free from Atheism's mere speculation.

1 Like

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by vaxx: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Ok Sir, I will see what I can do. Vaxx, from what I have observed of your many deep probing dialogues, you dont need help with higher reasoning. God has blessed you with a sound mind. You have seen through the cruel, hidden motives of the Atheists agenda.

They are not truth seekers.

Reason is the faculty of correct thinking, which seeks truth and which ensures that its activity shall start with all the observed facts of actual experience. Emmanuel TV is only one powerful example of why millions world wide are breaking free from Atheisms mere speculation. They pride themselves as masters of logic, But their premises are faulty even though only a few may nevertheless think correctly, yet arrive at wrong conclusions.

Reason avoids this mistake.

Many use the term "Reason" as a synonym for mere speculation. The annals of metaphysics are filled with numerous flights of sheer
fancy which have been given a seemingly rational direction. That kind of thinking that ignores the facts of others real, live, global testimonies is not reasoning in the real sense.

Although both logic and reason set up the same criterion that thinking shall not fall into self-contradiction, and that it shall not be loose and crooked, Logic alone is satisfied with partial facts whereas the reason demands nothing less than totality of facts combined with demonstrable evidence of personal experience.

The mental faculty of intellect, which may be defined as the activity of logical thinking, is always swayed by personal desires and individual bias to choose its data preferentially, whereas reasoning, which may be defined as the activity of truthful thinking, is rigorously impersonal and detaches its feelings from the handling of facts.

The observed facts of actual experience on Emmanuel TV is only one powerful example of why millions world wide are breaking free from Atheism's mere speculation.
when it comes to coperate social responsibility or when rendering humanitarian aid..... Tb Emmanuel deserve a diamond medal..... My utmost salute to him.....

I only disagree with him on the subject of spirituality......he is a Christian who subscribe to forieng diety and teachings while I am traditionalist who believe the best way to worship the greatest deity is to worship him in my own image, language and cultural significant... Your deity must look like you in order to empower you....

Bible itself agree...the bible says God created us in is own image..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by ScienceWatch: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
vaxx:

1) When it comes to corporate social responsibility or when rendering humanitarian aid..... Tb Emmanuel deserve a diamond medal..... My utmost salute to him.....

2) I only disagree with him on the subject of spirituality......he is a Christian who subscribe to a foreign deity and teachings while I am traditionalist who believe the best way to worship the greatest deity is to worship him in your own image, language and cultural significance... Your deity must kook like you in order to empower you....

3) Bible itself agree...the bible says God created us in his own image..

Yes TB Joshua is a true disciple of the mighty Jesus Christ - giving is just one great example. The ultimate test of truth of any worship is in the concrete practical benefits to the worshipers/followers. Actions speak louder than words. A philosophy/doctrine of impressive words can never stand the test of time.

Your points that I labeled 2 & 3 is absolutely brilliant because you are highlighting a global concern. I will humbly present my personal opinion as follows;

2) When LOGIC is applied to your second point, it is perfectly correct and acceptable. But it fails when the light of REASON shines on it.
All wise leaders know that traditions and religions must never be uprooted, because it is acts as a powerful unifying force in society.
At the same time, it is wise to gently introduce verified truths that provide a greater practical benefit to individuals and society as a whole.

Vaxx you will know more than others that Truth transcends all barriers regardless of race, language and cultural significance, etc.
The truth spoken by an uneducated man and a professor of science must be weighed on the same scale.

Truth that provide a superior verifiable benefit for its followers should be welcomed. Our oppressors wont welcome this line of thought.

3) It is refreshing to see how your 3rd point stated logically in this way, "Bible itself agree...the bible says God created us in his own image.." seamlessly leads us to the dictates of logic that must conclude that, "Your deity must kook like you in order to empower you."

You know that when reason is applied to the above example, the conclusion changes dramatically.

My respect for you as one blessed with a sound mind, remains unchanged.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by ScienceWatch: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
vaxx:
here is my salute sir........any book I can read on the subject ......logic , reason and intuition.....
I will mail you as soon, I was told that the book may still be in some boxes in storage.

1 Like

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by vaxx: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Yes TB Joshua is a true disciple of the mighty Jesus Christ - giving is just one great example. The ultimate test of truth of any worship is in the concrete practical benefits to the worshipers/followers. Actions speak louder than words. A philosophy/doctrine of impressive words can never stand the test of time.

Your points that I labeled 2 & 3 is absolutely brilliant because you are highlighting a global concern. I will humbly present my personal opinion as follows;

2) When LOGIC is applied to your second point, it is perfectly correct and acceptable. But it fails when the light of REASON shines on it.
All wise leaders know that traditions and religions must never be uprooted, because it is acts as a powerful unifying force in society.
At the same time, it is wise to gently introduce verified truths that provide a greater practical benefit to individuals and society as a whole.

Vaxx you will know more than others that Truth transcends all barriers regardless of race, language and cultural significance, etc.
The truth spoken by an uneducated man and a professor of science must be weighed on the same scale.

Truth that provide a superior verifiable benefit for its followers should be welcomed. Our oppressors wont welcome this line of thought.

3) It is refreshing to see how your 3rd point stated logically in this way, "Bible itself agree...the bible says God created us in his own image.." seamlessly leads us to the dictates of logic that must conclude that, "Your deity must kook like you in order to empower you."

You know that when reason is applied to the above example, the conclusion changes dramatically.

My respect for you as one blessed with a sound mind, remains unchanged.

hmmmmm....I love your opening mind on the subject.... All wise leaders know religion and traditions should never be uprooted....

I welcome your view bro...Truth transcend all barriers........

what is this truth? should we depend on foreign race to demonstrate to us what should be the truth?
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by 701ecilana: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what does it mean to he timeless?
To be Timeless is infinity.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by 701ecilana: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
This is an IRRELEVANT argument. Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life on EARTH, let alone the origin of the UNIVERSE in its entirety.

Whether it was created or not is RELEVANT and INDISPENSABLE to the argument. Since the entire argument is that everything that began to exist must have a creator, so if your alleged creator also has a creator, that automatically defeats your argument. And, you mentioned it yourself that information can't create itself. That would mean your God, who MUST be made of information, couldn't have created himself either, and the same thing applies to his creator, ad infinitum. You either accept an ETERNAL universe, or an [IMPOSSIBLE, irrational] infinite regress.

There is no creator. The universe doesn't have a beginning.

Who told you that being transcendent forbids one from being created? Weren't the angels and demons CREATED? Don't they transcend time and space? Your point here is invalid.
See dumb arguments, and you are even shouting as if you are making any valid point. Read your trash and see how you contradict yourself.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by ScienceWatch: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
vaxx:
hmmmmm....I love your opening mind on the subject.... All wise leaders know religion and traditions should never be uprooted....

what is this truth? should we depend on foreign race to demonstrate to us what should be the truth?

What is this truth? Mmmm. I appreciate it that you refrained from asking, "What is truth." Your wise question is not open ended like the mad man Pontius Pilate who asked Jesus Christ, "What is truth."

I was containing the overflow from my response to the verifiable and demonstrable truths in all religions regardless of race, country, etc.

There is no doubt that science occupies its inescapable place in our lives, however ungrateful we may be. Its capacity for harming mankind through war and violence, however regrettable it be, can be entirely removed in one way alone, and that is through bringing verifiable and demonstrable religious truths into mankind's view to balance the beast in man.

We must be mindful of a warning based on facts known to practicing psychiatrists and professional psychologists. The mental faculty of logic or reasoning may be highly developed so far as its application to a special sphere of interest is concerned, and yet in the same man it may be almost entirely misapplied or at best working weakly when a different sphere comes into question. Such as religion.

This is the singular phenomenon called schizophrenia, or mind-splitting. For example, a man may have risen rapidly to the forefront of his profession through the effective use of logic or reason, and yet as soon as his attention is turned to other matters or religion no belief may be too stupid to engage his wholehearted agreement!

One often see that one and the same man may be a child in religious matters and an adult in business affairs ; consequently he
may be mentally apart, yet bodily together !

Now my answer to your question, "What is this truth" can be better explored when we start to see more clearly the powerful barriers blocking our access to religious/spiritual truths.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by ScienceWatch: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
vaxx:

We should embrace verifiable TRUTH wherever it may come from.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by sonofthunder: 7:17am On Dec 29, 2017
Horlufemi:
A pattern is any distinctly organized sequence. Patterns occur everywhere in nature — the spiraling seeds of a sunflower, the hexagonal cells of a honeycomb, the circular ripples on a pond when a fish jumps, et cetera.

On the other hand, “Codes are special….Codes, by definition, must carry information. They must do more than simply form a pattern — codes must transmit data and convey meaning.” The kicker:

Codes do not occur naturally in the world. Musical notation does not sprout from trees, and symbols do not draw themselves in the sand. Codes are the deliberate inventions of intelligent consciousness.

So codes always have an intention or awareness behind them?

Exactly. Codes don’t appear organically; they must be created.

What about DNA? Bingo! The genetic code. That’s the paradox.

You think DNA was created by an intelligence?

When I witness the precision of mathematics, the reliability of physics, the symmetries of the cosmos, I don’t feel like I’m observing cold science; I feel as if I’m seeing a living footprint…the shadow of some greater force that is just beyond our grasp.

The heart of the problem is that physical laws are simple and general, and by their nature they produce the same thing over and over again. Law-governed processes can produce simple repetitive patterns, as in crystals, but they can’t produce the complex, specified sequences by which the nucleotides of DNA code for proteins any more than they can produce the sequence of letters on a page of a textbook.

Snowflakes are a crystal, and form easily by natural laws. They actually have a very low level of complexity. Like all crystals, they can be described easily by the laws that govern chemical bonding and atomic packing. For that reason, among others, nobody claims that snowflakes or crystals require explanation by design. Because they are characterized by low CSI, or “Complex and Specified Information,” we wouldn’t expect them to trigger a design inference.

There you have it life is a product of intelligence.
cc: blueAgent
try and also study the patterns that lead to the 'discovery/prediction' of the GOD PARTICLE. You'll love it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by blueAgent(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2018
GooseBaba:
If we must say there is a creator of this majestic DNA. Then each one of us must agree that the creator is the God's of our ancestors. Not the God of other people's ancestors.

So yes! My God created DNA.

Meanwhile, Blueagent...dem swear for you. I'm an Urhobo man. Who bask in his ancestral teachings.

Warn ya sef. Don't tag me with atheistic thread. Besides, I prefer atheist than foreign diety worshipping theist.

You hate foreign diety but you like the technology , Civilization and Science of foreign people and their diety that brought you those technology.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by blueAgent(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"has a date she was born" talk of circular reasoning

all you've done so far is misrepresent the big bang theory to fit the cosmological argument

"The universe began to exist" has never been proven by anybody

in your previous post here you've admitted the universe did exist in another form before the big bang

that's interesting, you've gotten the knowledge science can prove/disprove hahaha and that knowledge is the knowledge of the process, you happen to know the process and you found god, lol classic god of the gaps, seems we've gotten to the end of it, where you see god while I see ignorance

How is the Universe occuring by Chance Science , can it be proved or quantified or examined?

You atheist take a leap of faith which is far bigger than those of christians in believing that the whole universe happened by chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by hopefulLandlord: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
blueAgent:

How is the Universe occuring by Chance Science , can it be proved or quantified or examined?

You atheist take a leap of faith which is far bigger than those of christians in believing that the whole universe happened by chance.

I never said anything about "chance", look for someone else to strawman
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by GooseBaba: 1:25am On Jan 05, 2018
blueAgent:

You hate foreign diety but you like the technology , Civilization and Science of foreign people and their diety that brought you those technology.

Clearly you're a shallow thinker....just waka enter bush with your inferiority complex.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by blueAgent(m): 4:02am On Jan 13, 2018
GooseBaba:

Clearly you're a shallow thinker....just waka enter bush with your inferiority complex.

Usual response.
Re: Patterns Vs Codes. Certainly There Is A Sort Of Creator That We Don't Know. by Horlufemi(m): 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Gave Your Life To Christ? / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy / Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.