Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition (35855 Views)

A Vibrating Toyota Corolla 2002-solution-ish / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video / Would You Buy This Beautifully Restored 1972 BMW 3.0 CSL For N35.7m? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by kingreign(m): 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
phazotron:
The car of my dreams is w220 s class (1999-2006). Classic and timeless design.
Wrong assertion.

The most timeless and classic S classe are WW126 and W140. These are true mercedes S klasse

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by chukel(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2018
fishing:
This is what it looks like now.

Wish I had the before pix.
pls can u share contact. Very nice job. Really good wish u have a pre transformation pic.
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by fishing: 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
Alloysius
0803 401 2024

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by DrDre1(m): 12:11am On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:
The car of my dreams is w220 s class (1999-2006). Classic and timeless design.
smiley
Imagine being behind the wheels of this one

2 Likes

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by DrDre1(m): 12:36am On Apr 07, 2018
Shagati:
This will be a slow burning one unfortunately.
Not enough time (and $$$) available like in the past.

Enough excuses! So what do we have here?

Let's start with the equipment and specs as she left the factory in August 1995.
Princetom1, she needs a name; what do we call her?
Well done sir. I really admire your efforts.

My salute goes out to every car 'juggernaut' that's made the thread an interesting discovery so far.
Mr. Gazzuzz, Mr. Egunmogaji, Mr. Lexus (I've been getting called that name recently lol), Mr. Lungwun, Mr. Bank, Mr. Dumo, to mention a few.

@ Oga Gazzuzz
I didn't know there was a name for what u advised me against about a year ago. I kept hearing ur voice reading the different definitions and explanations of 'demeanour' into my ears. grin

*spreads mat inside the thread*

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by DrDre1(m): 12:50am On Apr 07, 2018
Shagati:

Finished product.
You can see a near perfect reflection of the Triumph Speed Triple in the first pic
Very nice!
If u don't mind me asking, what was ur overall experience owning the car?
I missed out on a nice looking one few days back. The cylinder head had a crack in and I thought of taking the risk. The owner sold it off for around 400k naira while I was still trying to get the 'bill' approved by 'senate' grin
I keep imagining my fingers on the paddle shifters till now sad

2 Likes

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by kingreign(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2018
DrDre1:

Well done sir. I really admire your efforts.

My salute goes out to every car 'juggernaut' that's made the thread an interesting discovery so far.
Mr. Gazzuzz, Mr. Egunmogaji, Mr. Lexus (I've been getting called that name recently lol), Mr. Lungwun, Mr. Bank, Mr. Dumo, to mention a few.

@ Oga Gazzuzz
I didn't know there was a name for what u advised me against about a year ago. I kept hearing ur voice reading the different definitions and explanations of 'demeanour' into my ears. grin

*spreads mat inside the thread*

Till the Mr Lexus sues you for. Copyright infringement tongue

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by DrDre1(m): 8:59am On Apr 07, 2018
kingreign:

Till the Mr Lexus sues you for. Copyright infringement tongue
Not on Nairaland and neither for business and/or profit purposes. It's a friend that won't let me be cos of a recent acquisition grin

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
DrDre1:

Very nice!
If u don't mind me asking, what was ur overall experience owning the car?
Very good. Apart from one ignition coil replaced and some suspension work, ownership was trouble free.

DrDre1:

I missed out on a nice looking one few days back. The cylinder head had a crack in and I thought of taking the risk. The owner sold it off for around 400k naira sad
Wonder why I am never around when these kind of deals go down embarassed
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by DrDre1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
Shagati:

Very good. Apart from one ignition coil replaced and some suspension work, ownership was trouble free.

Wonder why I am never around when these kind of deals go down embarassed
That's encouraging. Don't rue the missed chance so much. The deal didn't go down in Nigeria wink
I'd be on the look out from now on though. That missed one still pains me sad

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 27, 2018
Oga Shagati, any updates to wet our beaks with? grin
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
dumo1:
Oga Shagati, any updates to wet our beaks with? grin
Might do a headliner replacement tomorrow if I'm in the mood.

Will change the grey headliner and pillar lining to black to match the leather.
Help with some pictures of black headliners if you can.

Thanks
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
Shagati:

Thanks

Like this

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 28, 2018
Shagati:

Might do a headliner replacement tomorrow if I'm in the mood.

Thanks
Oga mi i don't know much about headliners o! I be novice, i dey learn work from una feet.
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2018
Brief update
Dropped Adolf off for interior work (roof liner and parcel shelf) and possible painting today. Gazzuzz, we are using your boy. wink

Don't know what colour the parcel shelf was before but it is now a sun burnt pink!

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2018
Shagged current grey roof liner.
Filthy and sagging on all sides
The pic doesn't do justice to the sorry state

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2018
Dismantling in earnest
Fabric will be supplied tomorrow and should take a day and a half to install.
Some of the filth and sag can be seen in this pic
Chosen replacement colour is black cool

Refer to previously indicated black sample a few posts back. Hope it turns out as good. undecided

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2018
Some more interior

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2018
Body prep in progress.
Sorry for the not too descriptive pictures

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Lexusgs430: 9:24am On May 29, 2018
Shagati:
Brief update
Dropped Adolf off for interior work (roof liner and parcel shelf) and possible painting today. Gazzuzz, we are using your boy. wink

Don't know what colour the parcel shelf was before but it is now a sun burnt pink!

Why did you drop the last name? Adolf should also be a Hitler..........
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Why did you drop the last name? Adolf should also be a Hitler..........
Why go as far as 'East' Germany?
There is Wabara or is it Wagbara? grin

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2018
What the roof board looks like.
Who would have thunk it?

2nd pic is the stripped roof

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 1:34pm On May 29, 2018
Some more boring body sanding pics
Dumo1 (Monitor-in-chief) come and see updates now o angry
Ehen!

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 29, 2018
Shagati:
Ehen!
Present Sir. grin what color scheme are we going with Sensei ?
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by deathwing(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2018
Mehn. I hope this paint job will be good quality grin cheesy cheesy cheesy!

Shagati:
Ehen!

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 29, 2018
deathwing:

Me too o!! cool but Oga Shagati doesn't just use any how person to do such a job. The person's CV must be highly placed and come from oga at the top. grin

2 Likes

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 7:41pm On May 29, 2018
dumo1:

Present Sir. grin what color scheme are we going with Sensei ?
It is a surprise. As at Sunday, choice was to keep original colour. That has changed twice since then embarassed

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 7:41pm On May 29, 2018
deathwing:

Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 7:42pm On May 29, 2018
dumo1:

Me too o!! cool but Oga Shagati doesn't just use any how person to do such a job. The person's CV must be highly placed and come from oga at the top. grin

Issokay na

1 Like

Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by alien1: 11:19am On May 30, 2018
Kudos Oga mi
I hail
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by Shagati(m): 11:37am On May 30, 2018
alien1:
Kudos Oga mi
I hail

Howdy Bro? smiley
Re: BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition by alien1: 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
Shagati:

Howdy Bro? smiley
Am good at my end here, following this thread with keen interest.
Thanks for putting this up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Tisha UnArmed Shelton Drives Her Car (Photos, Video) / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.