Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

The Girl Of My Dreams - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Girl Of My Dreams (1185 Views)

The Man Of My Dreams- A Short Story / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / The Girl Next Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
The story am about to write is a true life story, of how i suffered for a girl who never knew i existed........
please stay with me as i journey into my past......
Tbc
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Chapter One

Grinnnnnn!

Grinnnnnn!!

My phone rang, i checked the caller with my sleepy eyes and saw it was Philz my troublesome friend calling, i reluctantly press the answer button and his voice came through

Philz: "guy how far na"

Me: "wetin happen?"

Philz: "ah ah guy u still dey vex?"

The previous day was Friday and there is always a night club at my area so i went out with Philz and Godwin another troublesome friend, Philz brought the idea, initially i never wanted to go but i got persuaded by Godwin, i guess the they got it all planned cause when we got inside the club, the both directed me to the VIP section and that is so unusual about them cause the see people in the VIP as people who spend money extravagantly on boredom, what i saw in the VIP section ripped my heart apart, i saw my childhood crush kissing and smooching another guy, i was nub for a minute, i looked at my friends and there was no sign of surprise any sort of shock on their face, it then occurred to me that, they knew about it and they want to see it myself, i got angry with my friends for luring me into what is going make my weekend is a sober one, i left the club angrily went home straight to my room and started drinking 'Satzebrau an alcoholic drink that i bought when i was going home.

Phiz: "Adaji are u there?" Philz brought me back from my thought

Me: "see don't disturb me abeg i wan sleep"

Philz: "okay am sorry about yesterday, it just that you're always talking about her like she has use voodoo on you"

Me: "are u apologizing or what?"

Philz: "am sorry bro"

Me: "you're forgiven, so can i sleep now"

Philz: "not yet, Cynthia is in town o!"

Me: with a frown on my face "and how is that my problem"

Philz: "my brother it will when you see her, the babe don fine die, e be like say she go do plastic surgery"

Me: "dude are you on button (Tramadol)"

Philz: "guy forget button matter abeg, she say she go come see you today o!"

I was about answering him when i heard knock on my door, my mum came in, so i told Philz i will call him later and ended the call

Me: "Good morning mum!"

Mum: "how was ur night"

Me: "Good mum and how was yours"

Mum: "it would have been okay if not for another nightmare that i had last night"

My eyebrows creased cause i know what coming next, my mum has been having nightmares, according to her it always about me, and she will always lecture me to be careful, i don't know what this one is about. so i asked

Me: "mum hope is not about me again?"

Mum: "you know the answer son, i don't what to divulge what happen in the dream, just be careful, okay?"

Me: "okay mum"

Mum: "you food is ready, freshen up and come down stairs to eat"

Me: "thanks mum"

she smiled and left

I was about entering the bathroom when my phone rang i thought it was Philz but when i checked the caller, i was surprise, guess who was calling....

Tbc
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
Your comment will do a whole lot in this thread. So please say what you feel like about the story!

1 Like

Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by Sensitivity1254: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2017
prophetyusuf:
Your comment will do a whole lot in this thread. So please say what you feel like about the story!

You are just starting. It's too early for literary appreciation.

1 Like

Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Cont'd

Cynthia!

i ignored the call and proceed to enter the bathroom, but my phone's ringing tone alt my steps, i retrace my steps to the bed where i left the phone earlier, i checked the screen to know if Cynthia is the one calling, but i saw an unknown number, so i picked the call without hesitating and a feminine voice came through

Me: "Adaji on the line.. who am i speaking with?"

Unknown: "It me....Cynthia"

Me: "Oh Cynthia" she is the one after all

Cynthia: "Adaji didn't you see my missed call?"

Me: "Sorry, i was sleeping when you called" i lied

Cynthia: "Can you come over to my place?"

Me: "Sorry i can't" remembering the incident that occurred the last time i visited her at her place

Cynthia: "You're still not over what went down at my place the last time you visited?" guess she read my mind, to avoid her question

Me: "Sorry my mum is calling me" i didn't wait for her reply before ending the call.
i sighed and went into the shower to take my bath, it a good thing i hide my sober mood from my mum, she would have talked me into telling her the reason why am moody, i don't want her to know about Juliet until am sure of her feelings for me, i still can't get over what i saw the previous night. i came down to eat after taking my bath, i met my mum and Qiss my junior sister eating quietly and that is so unusual about them, i sense these two are up to something, i sat down and Qiss murmured a greeting, i answered her, i said a quick prayer and began eating, i felt their eyes on me but i ignored them, i finished eating in no time, i was about leaving when my mum beckon on me to sit, i sighed and sat down

Mum: "You just sighed?" without waiting for my reply

Mum: "Why?"

Me: "I will get married mum" Qiss grinned

Mum: "Young man, that's what you've been saying for the past two years"

Me: "Mum marriage is a lifetime commitment and am not ready for that......atleast not now" i chimed in quickly

Mum: "And when will you be ready?" she asked with a frown

Me: "When am ready, you will be the first person to know" i answered

Mum: "Is it because of Juliet?"

Me: "What!"

Tbc
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=prophetyusuf post=61770593]Cont'd

Cynthia!

i ignored the call and proceed to enter the bathroom, but my phone's ringing tone alt my steps, i retrace my steps to the bed where i left the phone earlier, i checked the screen to know if Cynthia is the one calling, but i saw an unknown number, so i picked the call without hesitating and a feminine voice came through

Me: "Adaji on the line.. who am i speaking with?"

Unknown: "It me....Cynthia"

Me: "Oh Cynthia" she is the one after all

Cynthia: "Adaji didn't you see my missed call?"

Me: "Sorry, i was sleeping when you called" i lied

Cynthia: "Can you come over to my place?"

Me: "Sorry i can't" remembering the incident that occurred the last time i visited her at her place

Cynthia: "You're still not over what went down at my place the last time you visited?" guess she read my mind, to avoid her question

Me: "Sorry my mum is calling me" i didn't wait for her reply before ending the call.
i sighed and went into the shower to take my bath, it a good thing i hide my sober mood from my mum, she would have talked me into telling her the reason why am moody, i don't want her to know about Juliet until am sure of her feelings for me, i still can't get over what i saw the previous night. i came down to eat after taking my bath, i met my mum and Qiss my junior sister eating quietly and that is so unusual about them, i sense these two are up to something, i sat down and Qiss murmured a greeting, i answered her, i said a quick prayer and began eating, i felt their eyes on me but i ignored them, i finished eating in no time, i was about leaving when my mum beckon on me to sit, i sighed and sat down

Mum: "You just sighed?" without waiting for my reply

Mum: "Why?"

Me: "I will get married mum" Qiss grinned

Mum: "Young man, that's what you've been saying for the past two years"

Me: "Mum marriage is a lifetime commitment and am not ready for that......atleast not now" i chimed in quickly

Mum: "And when will you be ready?" she asked with a frown

Me: "When am ready, you will be the first person to know" i answered

Mum: "Is it because of Juliet?"

Me: "What!"

Tbc

Am sorry about the short update guys, promise to make it up to you guys...................
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
Update coming soon............
please be patient with me...

1 Like

Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by xaviercasmir(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
You have a nice story line here. Just be updating regulary and it will get more fans on your work. Keep it up
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
Continuation

Me:"M..Mum how do you know about?" i stammered
she was about answering me, when Philz came in, automatically our discussion has been postponed, so i thought

Mum:" Welcome Philz" mum greeted, i winced, cause i know it about getting ugly.

Me: "Erm...Philz i think we should get going, you don't want to miss the football match you know!" i said hoping that will help me.

Mum:"Philz my dear, would you mind telling me who this friend of yours is seeing now?" she asked referring to me.

Philz:"Mum you know Adaji is a secretive person, he doesn't tell us anything regarding his relationship, be it past or present" he
answered

Me:"Mum please leave me my friend out of this" i interrupted quickly but, she ignored and continue asking him questions like i wasn't even
there

Mum:" Philz do you know any girl call Juliet that is related to Adaji?"

Me:"Mum!" Philz was stiffening a laughter

Philz:"Erm...mum i know her, erm actually she's the girl your son has been crushing on since his childhood and the last time we both saw her
(referring to me) she was kissing and smooching a guy in cl.... 'i glared at him before he could complete his sentence, we both know what
will happen if he complete his sentence with "club", there will be no outing for us today' so he complete his statement with a secluded
area.

Mum:" Are you crushing on a harlot?" she asked disappoint at me

Me:" Mum she is not a harlot" i replied getting angry not with my mum though but my friend with his basket mouth

Mum:"You're defending her, even in her absent?" she asked getting angry

Mum:"Mum it not like that, am sure she has her reasons for doing that" i replied unconvincingly

Mum:"Reason for kissing a guy she is not married to?" she asked with her eyes wide open, she continued

Mum:"Are you sure she has not used voodoo on you?" she asked

Philz:" That what am saying, i think she sprinkled love potion in the food she prepared for him, have you ever eat her food before?" he asked
me, hoping i will answer him, i lost interest in the football match we planned to watch together at Godwin's place, so i proceed to my
room, i over heard Philz saying something to my mum but i care less. i removed my phone from my pocket to call Juliet, but, the knocking
on my door stopped me, i told whoever is at the door to come in and my mum entered

Mum:"Son am sorry if i said anything wrong down there, it just that i want the best for you"

Me:"It okay mum, i understand" i replied soberly

Mum:" Do you really love her that much?" she asked with concern writing all over her face, and i nodded positively

Mum:" okay, this is how we're going to do it" she paused for a while like she's in deep though and said

Mum:" Am giving you THREE months to change her ways and make her your wife" she finished her statement with a tone of finality

Me:"What!"

End of Chapter ONE
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by prophetyusuf(m): 8:56am On Oct 30, 2017
update coming soon..............
Re: The Girl Of My Dreams by cyndy1000(f): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2017
Nice story... waiting for the update

(1) (Reply)

Poem ;comment And Criticism Is Allow / Eclipse At Noonday - Biafra, Diaries Of Unwritten Stories / "... CHRONICLES OF FASIU ..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.