Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration (682 Views)

MTN Mpulse Lifetime Configuration Files Is The Remedy To All Other Free Browsing / Use Mpulse Data To Browse  unlimited Without Configuration And Settings Using Sa / Latest Blazing MTN Browsing Trick For Http Injector Configuration File (mpulse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration by dyze(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Good morning,

Please I need help on a mikrotik router I just got for my company. I have done all configuration setting and can connect to the internet using ether2 but I need sone guidance;

Ether1 was configured as WAN( for ISP cable)
Ether2 was configured as LAN for direct connection to the wireless access point. However, I noticed that I can connect with this configuration but I have about 5 access points.

Do I need to do the same configuration settings on ether2,ether3,ether4 as I did for ether2 to enable me use them to connect to internet on the other ports?

Also, I noticed that if I plug the working ether2 to a switch and try to connect other access points, its not working.

Please I will appreciate assistance.

Thanks in advance
Re: Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration by yacub: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hey Guy,
Looks like there is something you haven't fix yet. Have you You have to make ether 2 the master of the other ports(3,4,5,6) so that they will all act as a switch.That will make the APs to be connected.

Kindly confirm and try to do this...meanwhile i am looping my colleagues to help out as well.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
All you need to do is create a bridge .
Step 1 - click on bridge on the menu , add a bridge , assuming bridge 1
Step 2 - on that bridge menu , click on port and add that ether 2 to the bridge 1 interface and save
Step 3 - do step 2 for ether 3, ether 4 and all the interface you to access internet from
Step 4 - click on address on the main menu , am sure you have already add an IP address to ether 2 ,change the interface to bridge 1 ,with this you shd be able to access internet on all port .

I hope this will solve ur issues , if not , kindly send me ur email address , so that I can share my phone number with u . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration by dyze(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2017
yacub:
Hey Guy,
Looks like there is something you haven't fix yet. Have you You have to make ether 2 the master of the other ports(3,4,5,6) so that they will all act as a switch.That will make the APs to be connected.

Kindly confirm and try to do this...meanwhile i am looping my colleagues to help out as well.

Regards

Thanks a great deal. Am so grateful. Will get back to you on due time.

I appreciate your response
Re: Urgent Help With Mikrotik Router Configuration by dyze(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ebemusty:
All you need to do is create a bridge .
Step 1 - click on bridge on the menu , add a bridge , assuming bridge 1
Step 2 - on that bridge menu , click on port and add that ether 2 to the bridge 1 interface and save
Step 3 - do step 2 for ether 3, ether 4 and all the interface you to access internet from
Step 4 - click on address on the main menu , am sure you have already add an IP address to ether 2 ,change the interface to bridge 1 ,with this you shd be able to access internet on all port .

I hope this will solve ur issues , if not , kindly send me ur email address , so that I can share my phone number with u . Thanks

Thanks bro. I will like to follow your instruction with your guidance.

My email is adedayo.adedeji@hotmail.com.

I look forward to receding your mail so we can communicate forward.

Again, thanks . am grateful

(1) (Reply)

Google Just Launched A New Chat Application / How To Print From Your Android Phone Or Tablet Without Wires / Top 5 Best Inverters In Nigeria 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.