Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

"I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." (1984 Views)

Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures / The Most Important Reason Why You Should Become A Christian For Real / There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2017
"They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us" (1 John 2:19).

"I was a Christian for 25 years."

During your time as a Christian, did you know the Lord? If you say that you did know Him, you are admitting that God is real. If you say that you thought you did, then you didn’t, and you were never a Christian. You faked it all that time. But you are not alone. Many, if not most atheists have had false conversions and that’s why they are so adamantly anti-Christian. They heard a false gospel that said that Jesus gives joy and peace and fixes problems, and when what they think is Christianity didn’t deliver the promised goods, they became disillusioned and often bitter.
Photo: [Source]
http://www.onthebox.us/…/words-of-comfort-i-was-christian.h…

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 October 2014 at 14:39 ·

"I have left my religious conversion behind and settled into a comfortable state of atheism. I have come to think that religion has caused more harm than any other idea since the beginning of time" - Larry Flynt (Publisher of "Hustler" magazine, in his autobiography An Unseemly Man).

This is the state of many of our resident atheists on this board. All those who once professed to believe in Christ and in the doctrines of Christianity but then renounced the faith and began to talk foolishly against Christ and His words never had the true saving faith in the first place. May the Lord bring them to true saving faith in Jesus' name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by Lomprico2: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2017
Why are atheist mainly anti- christians?

They dont attack islam, Buddhism, hinduism, african trad religion, etc
Why only christianity?
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by gabinogem(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2017
Lomprico2:

Why only christianity?
lol...maybe because Christianity is too loud & indoctrinating.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by Lomprico2: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2017
gabinogem:

I actually think its because they are the real deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by gabinogem(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
Lomprico2:

lol...real deal in what sense?

1 Like

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by hopefulLandlord: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2017
Lomprico2:

Why only christianity?
I can point out that there are plenty of atheist critics of Judaism, Islam, and even Buddhism.

If you can't think of a place to start on your own, read Why I am Not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq, published by the well-known atheist publisher Prometheus Press, or read Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great (the title itself is an inversion of the traditional Islamic saying"God is great" which should tell you something). In addition to the three major monotheistic faiths—all of them—Hitchens takes on Hinduism and Buddhism

You're also conveniently half-blind to the rest of the world. While relying on the fact that other religions exist, you ignore the fact that atheists in countries where those other religions predominate might be just as critical of them as Nigerian atheists are of Christianity. Do you think the three atheist bloggers that were recently brutally murdered in Bangladesh were solely directing their attention at Christians (0.4% of the population)? Do you think India's numerous atheist and rationalist societies focus exclusively on Chirstianity and give Hinduism and Islam a pass?

6 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by hopefulLandlord: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2017
OP is simply No True Scotsman Fallacy

4 Likes

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

OP is simply No True Scotsman Fallacy

Have you ever been a Christian? undecided
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lomprico2:

Why only christianity?
Haven't wonder why they imitate original product?
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
gabinogem:

It is because satan is not divided against its kingdom.

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by gabinogem(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

OK sir
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by UmarIbnShittu(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
In your wild dreams
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by UmarIbnShittu(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

that moment wen someone is talking about himself without realising it
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lomprico2:

Why only christianity?

Good question
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
gabinogem:

To them, Christianity is the only religion worthy as a challenge. If Christianity falls, every other religion is a piece of cake.

And they cannot strange the exclusive nature of Jehovah
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lomprico2:

They are the real McCoy. smiley
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by obisco4u: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
My parents wasted precious years waiting for Jesus to train in the way I should grow.

Look at me now. I don't even believe in Jesus anymore. Wasted all those years praying to Jesus and wasting my money on offerings and tithes, when I should have been out there practicing skills that will afford me a better future.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 6:12am On Oct 31, 2017
obisco4u:
My parents wasted precious years waiting for Jesus to train in the way I should grow.

Look at me now. I don't even believe in Jesus anymore. Wasted all those years praying to Jesus and wasting my money on offerings and tithes, when I should have been out there practicing skills that will afford me a better future.
And very soon, you will discover that hardworking and skill does not guarantee your success in life

A force exist beyond you
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by dealerman(m): 6:21am On Oct 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

And very soon, you will discover that hardworking and skill does not guarantee your success in life

A force exist beyond you

So many Christians fold their hands and legs, waiting upon God to do miracles while they should be working to earn a living.
You can imagine a full fledged man/woman with no deformity sitting at home or attending prayer sessions from Monday to Friday seeking for God's favor for a good job or contract, when he/she hasn't made any effort.

I'm not saying its practically wrong to pray to God for favor, but we need to set up an action first. God won't hear your prayers if you're lazy.
And don't also think without money you cant start a business. There are many business ideas that one can venture into without money. All it requires is good packaging/presentation and reach out to your target audience.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by dealerman(m): 6:24am On Oct 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

A force exist beyond you

Have we thought about why the white people progress in their business despite the fact that they don't go to church nor even attend any prayers session to succeed? B'cos they are diligent, hard working and sincere, God bless and prospers such efforts!
We should put God 1st in all we do, but not lazy about expecting miracles from heaven.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by hopefulLandlord: 6:27am On Oct 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

A force exist beyond you

what is "success in life"?
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 6:29am On Oct 31, 2017
dealerman:

So many Christians fold their hands and legs, waiting upon God to do miracles while they should be working to earn a living.
You can imagine a full fledged man/woman with no deformity sitting at home or attending prayer sessions from Monday to Friday seeking for God's favor for a good job or contract, when he/she hasn't made any effort.

I'm not saying its practically wrong to pray to God for favor, but we need to set up an action first. God won't hear your prayers if you're lazy.
And don't also think without money you cant start a business. There are many business ideas that one can venture into without money. All it requires is good packaging/presentation and reach out to your target audience.
I think you are dogmatically and unfairly hard on Christians. Most Christians have a honest job that takes care of their daily need. However, truthfully, they understand that success isn't usually about hardworking or skills. There seems to be an external force that seems to bless or curse some people irrespective of how hard they have worked for success.

How much skill do you think Sanni Abachas children have: they are all multi billionaires. The hunch backed man, no matter how he tries cannot become the best footballer of the year....a lot of things are beyond our control.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 6:31am On Oct 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what is "success in life"?

Success= Achieving All your Goals with Joy of Heart
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 6:38am On Oct 31, 2017
dealerman:

Have we thought about why the white people progress in their business despite the fact that they don't go to church nor even attend any prayers session to succeed? B'cos they are diligent, hard working and sincere, God bless and prospers such efforts!
We should put God 1st in all we do, but not lazy about expecting miracles from heaven.

I guess you've never seen whites who are complete failures.

The world is a Rat Race!

Less than 5% of the population of the world could truely be said to be successful.

If you are looking at the relative development of the western world: it is a product of will and direction (don't forget that the foundation of their development started when they were religious).

It wasn't being irreligious that made them successful. They abandoned religion as their technological development was advancing.

Relatively are white people successful? No!
They are just like the average Nigerian you know

1 Like

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by dealerman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

I guess you've never seen whites who are complete failures.

The world is a Rat Race!

Less than 5% of the population of the world could truely be said to be successful.

If you are looking at the relative development of the western world: it is a product of will and direction (don't forget that the foundation of their development started when they were religious).

It wasn't being irreligious that made them successful. They abandoned religion as their technological development was advancing.

Relatively are white people successful? No!
They are just like the average Nigerian you know

I totally disagree with you!
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
dealerman:

I totally disagree with you!

If I get what you mean, you are saying;
1. The world is NOT a Rat Race!

2. Less More than 5% of the population of the world could truely be said to be successful.

3. the relative development of the western world: it is NOT a product of will and direction

4. It wasn't was being irreligious that made them successful.

5. They DID NOT abandon religion as their technological development was advancing.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
shadeyinka:

If I get what you mean, you are saying;
1. The world is NOT a Rat Race!

2. Less More than 5% of the population of the world could truely be said to be successful.

3. the relative development of the western world: it is NOT a product of will and direction

4. It wasn't was being irreligious that made them successful.

5. They DID NOT abandon religion as their technological development was advancing.

He just disagrees with you but doesn't know why? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by shadeyinka(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

He just disagrees with you but doesn't know why? cheesy

Thank you o my brother.
Sometimes I wonder if they are paid by Seun to keep the conversation going.

He actually doesn't know why he has to disagree with everything I said but he just knows he has to disagree while checking out information on google
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
shadeyinka:

Thank you o my brother.
Sometimes I wonder if they are paid by Seun to keep the conversation going.

He actually doesn't know why he has to disagree with everything I said but he just knows he has to disagree while checking out information on google

That's the way the roll (troll). cheesy
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
dealerman:

Someone is praying for a good job or contract as you said and you concluded that he or she hasn't make any effort? And how many Christians have you seen folding their hands and legs without doing anything? You just talk blindly because of your unbelief

So what's the problem if someone's first action is to pray? A lazy person cannot even dare to pray before.
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lomprico2:

Why only christianity?

It is because it disturbs them from living in their sinful lifestyle. cool
Re: "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...." by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56am On Dec 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I can point out that there are plenty of atheist critics of Judaism, Islam, and even Buddhism.

If you can't think of a place to start on your own, read Why I am Not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq, published by the well-known atheist publisher Prometheus Press, or read Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great (the title itself is an inversion of the traditional Islamic saying"God is great" which should tell you something). In addition to the three major monotheistic faiths—all of them—Hitchens takes on Hinduism and Buddhism

You're also conveniently half-blind to the rest of the world. While relying on the fact that other religions exist, you ignore the fact that atheists in countries where those other religions predominate might be just as critical of them as Nigerian atheists are of Christianity. Do you think the three atheist bloggers that were recently brutally murdered in Bangladesh were solely directing their attention at Christians (0.4% of the population)? Do you think India's numerous atheist and rationalist societies focus exclusively on Chirstianity and give Hinduism and Islam a pass?

For the very reason why atheists would rarely attack Muslims is what I highlighted in your post above. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sudden Disappearance Of Objects / Jesus: Re-incarnation Of Adam / Do Any Atheists Argue That Atheism Is Science?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.