Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Old things where they belong; in the past. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old things where they belong; in the past. (2590 Views)

Meet The Family Who Have Been Living With Water In Their Room For The Past 5 / I’m A Graduate, My Husband Is A Welder, We Don’t Belong In The Same Class —wife / What Is It With My Wife And Her Past Boyfriends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
I was filling a form online and user my younger brother as next of kin. He by chance saw the form and raised hell. Scolding everyone and everything. What I did, was it wrong?

Edit January, 2019: Learning to live with the things you can't change is a much better route to peace of mind.
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Sleekydee(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
he wanted u to use him? am lost, find me

5 Likes

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
yes. saying I regard my brother more than him.
Sleekydee:
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Sleekydee:
use him for?
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by yomi007k(m): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Xamie271:

No problem wen u grow up u will know wat being a dad is like.

I use to be in ur shoes till I became my own man....and now I bow down to my dad even as he RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Biggcake: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
loneatar:
use him for?
Probably money making rituals....

Not too bad though...

1 Like

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Seems petty to me though. Trying to figure out why i will get mad if my son uses my other son as next of kin? undecided

1 Like

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by sKy007: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Next of kin should be your siblings. Period

If you go somewhere, say school or bank, him go gree leave him work and follow you?

2 Likes

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by ASecondChance: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
loneatar:
use him for?
Ritual cool
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by coolebux(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
But some dads can escalate issues sha undecided

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
as the next of kin
loneatar:
use him for?
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
yomi007k:

No problem wen u grow up u will know wat being a dad is like.

I use to be in ur shoes till I became my own man....and now I bow down to my dad even as he RIP.
so you're insinuating? that my brother isn't good enough as a next of kin?

1 Like

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Sleekydee(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Xamie271:

now that's just some petty shit
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by yomi007k(m): 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Xamie271:

so you're insinuating? that my brother isn't good enough as a next of kin?

Nope...im saying u will understand in the future.

1 Like

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by babythug(f): 3:37am On Oct 26, 2017
Please explain to your dad that your next of kin is "expected" to out live you so a sibling, spouse or child is most appropriate choice

5 Likes

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Ranchhoddas: 6:09am On Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever heard the term "patricide"?

Na question ooo....
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Have you ever heard the term "patricide"?

Na question ooo....
And what has murdering someone's got to do with next of kin?
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2017
babythug:
Please explain to your dad that your next of kin is "expected" to out live you so a sibling, spouse or child is most appropriate choice
that's what I thought ooh. now I don't even know again.
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Oyindidi(f): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2017
Very funnygrin
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Ranchhoddas: 8:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Xamie271:
And what has murdering someone's got to do with next of kin?
Na question na.

I was thinking you were looking for a solution.
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by ImaIma1(f): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2017
It is better to use your siblings as NOK instead of your dad. Your dad is technically meant to die before you.

But hating your dad is too much energy. Respect him, live your life and be happy.

Try not to expect too mich when you relate with him since he abuses you mentally. Just take the negative things he says with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by LadySarah: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2017
nok are supposed to be ppl in your generation or younger thsn you not some old person biko.
As it is my small son will be my nok
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
if i am your dad, and you still live under my roof, i will quickly ask you to go live at your next f kin place....since they matter more than me who is feeding/housing you
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by tofek4real: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
babythug:
Yes & No it's a matter of choice though
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by tofek4real: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
ImaIma1:
It is better to use your siblings as NOK instead of your dad. Your dad is technically meant to die before you.

But hating your dad is too much energy. Respect him, live your life and be happy.

Try not to expect too mich when you relate with him since he abuses you mentally. Just take the negative things he says with a pinch of salt.
I love this
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by djoe21(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
Sleekydee:

cheesy This got me cracked up!
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
ImaIma1:

thank you
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
ImaIma1:

thank you very much
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
ImaIma1:

thank you very much!
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by Xamie271(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
if i am your dad, and you still live under my roof, i will quickly ask you to go live at your next f kin place....since they matter more than me who is feeding/housing you

let's say there was property at stake, I should die before him and he'll inherit them all while I have a brother? How does that even resound in your mind? I'm glad most father's are more enlightened to not reason this backwardly.
Re: Old things where they belong; in the past. by 4kings: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Na question na.

I was thinking you were looking for a solution.
You no well. grin cheesy
Long time how far.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man Married A Man!!! Isn’t This Madness?? / Can A Married Man Be The Bestman At A Wedding? / This Happened Yesterday And I Wept For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.