Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346499 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Hadampson(m): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
leksbore:
omo this nairaland don turn rubbish o..oya go and report me to seun the owner of nairaland..e be like say all of you don dey mad Abi.lol mtchew...ko te wa ni dafun gbo gbo yin all together...and you personally God will kill you and recreate you in this Nigeria and even with a worst condition....which innocent Nigerians?

Bro, you are taking it personal already. Nigeria is not doing well, accepted but let's stop cursing it. I have same ambition as you, that is to immigrate to an advanced country but we need to take things easy.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Paccus: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

They should probably start from your house mtchew.

Everytime government this government that!! People striving for themselves nd traveling out have two heads abi? Y'all are the reason Nigerian immigrants makes y'all feel inferior because your mentality is so so.....!!

Next time if you want Nigeria to be wiped out just mention your household nd others like you!!
Are you not the girl that was looking for white man/European on Facebook why are you anti-immigration all of a sudden?

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Petyprincess(f): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
Paccus:

[b]Are you not the girl that was looking for white man/European on Facebook [/b]why are you anti-immigration all of a sudden?
@bolded you definitely need to wear your glasses undecided

So because I'm against someone cursing whole nation because of his frustrated life means I'm against immigrantion? If he wants God to wipe off Nigerians why not only mention his household?

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by leksbore(m): 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
Oya o my people::::: later now some people will be coming online to type that frustration have killed some guys in Nigeria but oya let's sit down and reason ordinary protest to #END SARS# they are killing the youths.....my people I have a question ? pls where do we go from here?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Girlbestfriend(f): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
rapheeky:
Bros....we de pray mk dollar come down...u want mk e go up...lolx...I reject it.....by 2019 dollar go b 50naira

Add one Zero in front of that your #50, that's what dollar is to a naira now cry cry cry
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DaDoctor: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlowJobs:

Stay away from baby mamas especially with multiple baby daddies, those guys will always be in her life. Mind you, if you're single, decent guy and hard working, they will do everything in their power to hold you down. Some will go as far as getting loan for you, enticing you with money, giving you rides up and down to where you wanna go (if you don't have a car yet) until they hook you.

Stay away from ill tempered ladies. Small argument, they start threatening to stab you

Stay away from the "get out of my house ladies". Doesn't matter if you rent the house together. Simple misunderstanding, the first thing they say is get out. Yankee can be really really tough without accommodation

Stay away from "I will call the police on you" ladies. Doesn't matter what you guys are arguing about. they treating you with police every time. you as an immigrant want the police off your back for whatever reason. it doesn't always end well.

Stay away from ladies that can't keep a job. those type just want a guy they can leech off. you will work and work till the rest of your life. they are the real definition of "baboon dey work, monkey dey chop". mind you, if this is your wife and it is your arrangement for her not to work, well, that is your decision.

Stay away from Women that will marry you just to keep you hostage. These category only want a man in their house so they can boast to friends they got a man. When it comes to filing your papers, their answer is ALWAYS NO, then they result to claiming you just want to use them for papers.

Stay away from lairs, the ones that will injure herself and tell people you did it (especially white women). As a black man, you are always guilty before proven innocent. It is best you stay away from trouble as much as you can.

Stay away from over jealous Women. This type of women are controlling. If you by mistake say hello to another girl, a simple "hello", they accuse you of wanting to sleep with her. this particular category will blackmail you with tears. a lot of them are really abusive.

Generally, you need to find what works for you. doesn't matter the race. Find a partner you know through thick and thin, come rain or shine, He/She has your back. And you also need to play your part. Be a good ambassador, no need to lie to anyone for green card. Be truthful from the onset. Telling a lie means you will need to tell more to cover your track. You also need to stay in your boundaries, you are seeing one girl, sleeping with several others. that will get you in trouble. Be smart, be wise, be humble, be diligent, be respectful. You need to understand your partner will be from a different upbringing and most likely will have a different perspective. so, you both will understand things differently and do things differently.

Oh about the baby mama, Sometimes, a lot of them are victims of bad relationship. you need to also use your discretion. Some of them are really awesome ladies.

And last but not the least, stay the fakk away from impregnating anyone if you know you are not gonna be committed. Better still, say the fakk away from impregnating anyone at all.

Best advice ever !
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DaDoctor: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2021
BlowJobs:
I am off today.

So i said earlier, things are suppose to be easier after getting a residency?

Hell no. I take that back. Don't get me wrong, i am doing remarkably okay. But i am stressed out. holy shhhit, I am stressed out.

I work in boston. Pay in boston is relatively higher. I get paid 21.75$ starting and i work 40-47hrs per week. I get two days off. I am however, sick of the driving. The traffic is terrible. I spent 2 hours in a 45-50mins drive. I have to pay 9$ to park everyday (they are increasing it to 16$ cos other parking garage is 16$). I have been applying to other jobs and doing interviews. I just haven't found something yet.

Getting a job is hard. DOn't get me wrong, there are jobs everywhere BUT once you become LEGAL (no more on a visa), you become so picky, your qualifications and how it can help your career path or a paying job comes to play.

I have become so picky. I have no passion to work long hours or Nights right now.

Right now, i just wanna find something closer so i don't have to drive far. I have two interviews scheduled for the rest of the week for now. I hope i get something.

Let me go back and sleep some more grin grin

Your story and experience is inspiring. Congratulations.

Sorry to take you back. In all of these process. Didn't you undergo any medical test ?
2. Didn't they run a background check before the residence was issued?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by watchwoman(f): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Moytim: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2021
Hey bro, can someone who has BSC(Ed) in accounting switch to IT?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Moytim: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2021

U want to play the guessing game?
Lol...maybe I shouldn't have said southeastern....not that far east though....
But it's one of those states near FL...
U think I'm gonna say it....so some of these guys that got mad with me can send out some "boys" to pay me a visit....if u know what I mean?

*Hmmm*
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Usanga35: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2021
Please Op...I want to Ask...My Three Elders Siblings Lives in UK but they re Brazilian Citizens and their names are Changed... Please do I a Chance Of Having Visa granted and also what Visa can I apply for..and how much is d cost..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by wfchris042(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2021

LOL.....brother u r so wrong....so, so very wrong.
First, please help me with my Pidgin....trying to learn it. So what does "Na u sabi" mean?
I have half Igbo blood.
Also what does "Haruna" mean?

Just for your information, I am:

1.) NOT MARRIED
2.) BORN, RAISED AND LIVING IN THE U.S.
3.) NEVER BEEN TO NIGERIA

Don't worry..it's ok...
I accept your apology and forgive you smiley
Nice to meet u..."Man of the Year"..lol.

Hello can I send you an emails[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 05, 2022
K

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Floki737: 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
Fwesh101:
Hello to you all. I want to ask how best to go about this issue but I’m not sure if I am in the right thread.
My babe will be visiting Nigeria soon from America.
I plan for her to meet my parent when she visit. ( I love her and would want to make her my wife)

Assuming things works out and we get to the marriage stage.
What are the things I ought to look out for?
What would you all consider “do and don’t “?
Thanks for your views/ opinions/ suggestions and observations.

cry cry Help a bro, where did you guys meet?

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by RuneKingThor: 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
How is blowjobs? I just hope he is fine wherever he is.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DayOlds: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
I created an account to just comment on here n franknetter’s thread…

And blowjobs I’ve learnt a lot from here…

Babyjobs go don Dey talk now..
And Mrs K is another interesting part of this thread…

If we ever get an update.. I’m following now grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Cadek: 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
Whew... Finish it all, 110 pages in three days...
Booking this space for later comment.

Nice job @ Sir Mouth Gig, Lionlee, Themanoftheyear and all.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by dimejalex(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2023
I had to re-read this thread again after 5 years, God knows there isnt a day i dont think about BJ and Frank. I hope you guys are doing great.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by outliers: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
dimejalex:
I had to re-read this thread again after 5 years, God knows there isnt a day i dont think about BJ and Frank. I hope you guys are doing great.
We also hope these guys you mentioned are okay and fine because it's been A Long while we heard from them, or maybe they've been shot due to the ravaging gun violence in the USA, or probably serving time out in jail due to shammarriages. Just saying!!! No offense! No shades!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
outliers:

We also hope these guys you mentioned are okay and fine because it's been A Long while we heard from them, or maybe they've been shot due to the ravaging gun violence in the USA, or probably serving time out in jail due to shammarriages. Just saying!!! No offense! No shades!

So you didn't say positive things about them, Just negative and ending your statement with no offense, No Shades! Lol

Blow.job didn't do sham marriage. He posted how he met his wife while Frank came to US with an immigrant visa tru his mom.

Nobody has been shot. They just decided to move on

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Alfred74: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2023
outliers:

Free your mind from hate!

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 12:48am On Dec 16, 2023
outliers:

This is why you will never set even one stinky toe on US soil.
Just saying !!! No offense!!! No shades!!!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Swerveking14: 7:15am On Dec 22, 2023
Na u dey mind the dude. I mean, funny how some don’t recognize that this guys have a life outside Nairaland, dealing with 99 problems. Between in 2019 na u help me pay my sevis fee, again thank you bro, you a real one.
lionlee216:

So you didn't say positive things about them, Just negative and ending your statement with no offense, No Shades! Lol

Blow.job didn't do sham marriage. He posted how he met his wife while Frank came to US with an immigrant visa tru his mom.

Nobody has been shot. They just decided to move on

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by ezzylee(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
sirhamilton:

This is why you will never set even one stinky toe on US soil.
Just saying !!! No offense!!! No shades!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by janda1: 5:26pm On Jan 01
lionlee216:

Boss good evening, I want to apply to USA but I'm having second taught

Have sent you a dm already

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.