Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? (36672 Views)

Please Help! How Do I Deal With Side Effects Of Skineal? / My Sister Suffers Excruciating Leg Pain Occasionally / Excruciating Body Hotness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2021
Olagrace1:

Am always have feelings of something stuck in my throat, bloating stomach, indigestion, vomitting, back pain and some other symptoms. I went for different test last week, like kidney test, hiv, h.pylori, bacteria sensitive, culture, pcv and endoscopy. All my test was negative except endoscopy that show am having throat erosive esophagitis. I don't know what to do again because h.pylori is negative but my symptoms is more like stomach ulcer. Please how can i heal my throat erosive esophagitis?

That's the problem. You should show the result to a doctor, preferably the one with expertise in gastrointestinal diseases. The disease symptoms has similarities to stomach ulcer, however, it's not ulcer (based on the bold).

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 9:32am On May 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

That's the problem. You should show the result to a doctor, preferably the one with expertise in gastrointestinal diseases. The disease symptoms has similarities to stomach ulcer, however, it's not ulcer (based on the bold).

Best wishes!

Please if not ulcer, what else can have all these symptoms?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Gerrard59(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2021
Olagrace1:

Please if not ulcer, what else can have all these symptoms?

I cannot say as I'm not an authority in gastrointestinal diseases. Good a thing you conducted a highly recommended scan (which I did then) and a well defined problem was discovered. Next is seeing a professional in gastrointestinal diseases.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 10:12am On May 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

I cannot say as I'm not an authority in gastrointestinal diseases. Good a thing you conducted a highly recommended scan (which I did then) and a well defined problem was discovered. Next is seeing a professional in gastrointestinal diseases.

Please can u tell me how you treated yours, the exact scan u did and probably the hospital u used
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Gerrard59(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2021
Olagrace1:

Please can u tell me how you treated yours, the exact scan u did and probably the hospital u used

Endoscopy was the scan, found one kind abnormal tissue and I was prescribed triple action for about a month. My diagnosis wasn't the same as yours. Which is why the solution differs

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 1:06pm On May 09, 2021
Gerrard59:

Endoscopy was the scan, found one kind abnormal tissue and I was prescribed triple action for about a month. My diagnosis wasn't the same as yours. Which is why the solution differs

Okay.. I will see a gastroenterologist
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by voucher(f): 4:05pm On May 10, 2021
I have been battling with ulcer since last year, I have tried different medications, symptoms go then come back.. I always experience severe heartburn then difficulty in breathing too.. it was a doctor and the lab that diagnosed it’s ulcer, I haven’t seen a gastroenterologist
Please without Endoscopy, can a gastroenterologist detect the exact thing wrong? Cos I have spent a lot of money on medication.. i even got some herbs but they are not effective
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 9:33pm On May 11, 2021
Olagrace1:

Okay.. I will see a gastroenterologist

From endoscopy, kidney, abdominal test, bacteria test, hiv, typhoid test, h.pylori, infact I did like 24 different tests within a week and all came back negative and normal. Only Endoscopy showed erosive esophagitis. Today decided to do malaria test and result showed i have P.falciparum

Can Plasmodium falciparum malaria be the cause of my bloating stomach, lower backpain, upper abdomen pain, headache, body weakness and cold

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by majormofor(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2021
Find out when does the bloating start, ur body inability to digest food on time is partially the problem.. Go use apple cider vinegar, 2 tea spoon inside ur cup of water for drink.. it will increase ur stomach acid.. henceforth stop eating process food. Anything that's come out from a machine or company, even ur sachets of tin tomatoes...

Also use cabbage juice in the morning and b4 u go to sleep.... Remove the shaft
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Sultannayef: 6:11am On May 30, 2021
Do you get stomach pains? Or just heartburn?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Simpsonrocket(m): 8:15am On Jun 01, 2021
Olagrace1:

Are u still using the omeprazole
I'm using prazocap
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
Memmie:
I have managed peptic ulcer for over 10 years. It was very bad at a point but i got better when I visited a Gastro intestinal tract consultant at the general hospital in Lagos.

1. Avoid peppery food
2. Avoid Spicy food
3. Avoid fried foods
4. Avoid oranges, Apple's Eric basically anything acidic. You have more than enough acid in your stomach already.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks or alcoholic drinks e.g. coke, malt Etc. Take water or zobo Etc.
6. Eat little portions at a time and eat about 5 times a day. ensure you have something to eat at all times
7. You may wan to avoid beans because of heartburn.

For drugs...i used different combinations from omeprazole and meteronidazole..unsure of the sppelling(Flagyl) with various antacids Etc.. but i only felt relieved when the doctor prescribed Nexium Esomeprazole..i take 20mg 2x daily and Gascol..i had the option of taking gaviscon which i I had used before but i stuck with Gascol because it works well for me. I also had to do an endoscopy to be sure of.what i was dealing with.

3 years after this treatment, i hardly take my drugs except for days when i eat late or probably took oranges.

Stress also aggravates the pain...so you need to manage your stress level.

Cold yoghurt gives me relief

Hope this helps!

My endoscopy show am having Erosive Esophagitis Grade B. Today I got Meprasil omeprazole, kotase tab and gaviscon. Have used some omeprazole in the past that works for me but the issue keep coming back properly because I only used for few days. Tho from my research I was looking forward to Nexium Omeprazole but too scarce. Should I keep looking for nexium omeprazole? My own chronic symptoms is always stucked throat, Throatburn and mouthburn, at times pain inside stomach also
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Sultannayef:
@Finelinks. I have the exact symptoms you listed. How did you know you've ulcer? Who confirmed this?
Mine started this year.. and it hasn't been easy. I met a gastroenterologist and did series of tests.Helicobacter pylori was not detected. I did endoscopy/biopsy; this confirmed I had esophagitis i.e reflux acid. I was given omeprazole pills. My symptoms subsided for awhile, I then stopped taking it. After a month, it came back and in a very aggressive way. It affected me so much that I stopped going to work. I then did a colonoscopy/biopsy to check my colon and so forth, and ultrasound to check my organs. Everything was fine. The gastroenterologist now gave me strong dosage of pantoprazole. So far.. my stomach pains has stopped but I've now just developed a little heartburn. I feel way better now.

How is your health now pls? My endoscopy show am having erosive esophagitis grade B.. Hplori negative, hiv negative, all other test are fine. Only endoscopy show erosive esophagitis
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Michaelzor: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
Olagrace1:

How is your health now pls? My endoscopy show am having erosive esophagitis grade B.. Hplori negative, hiv negative, all other test are fine. Only endoscopy show erosive esophagitis
Olagrace is it okay if I get your digits? I'm going through the same thing and I'd like to know what works for you
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2022
Michaelzor:
Olagrace is it okay if I get your digits? I'm going through the same thing and I'd like to know what works for you
You endoscopy show erosive esophagitis?
Send mail through nairaland mail, I will respond
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by 1sherlockHolmes: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
Olagrace1:

My endoscopy show am having Erosive Esophagitis Grade B. Today I got Meprasil omeprazole, kotase tab and gaviscon. Have used some omeprazole in the past that works for me but the issue keep coming back properly because I only used for few days. Tho from my research I was looking forward to Nexium Omeprazole but too scarce. Should I keep looking for nexium omeprazole? My own chronic symptoms is always stucked throat, Throatburn and mouthburn, at times pain inside stomach also
bro if u r still active on nairaland pls where do u do endoscopy nd how much pls?
Re: How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? by Olagrace1: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2022
1sherlockHolmes:
bro if u r still active on nairaland pls where do u do endoscopy nd how much pls?

I did mine at Mecure Healthcare in oshodi. Am sis not bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Kwara Over Inability To Make Love With Women / COVID-19: Our Self-isolation Policy Has Failed – Osagie Ehanire / 8 Ways To Avoid Breast Sagging - Jumia Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.