Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Attending To The Lord Without Distraction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attending To The Lord Without Distraction (250 Views)

How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer / Attending To The Lord Without Distraction / China Bans Children From Attending Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2017
We serve a wonderful God in a world of wickedness

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

In a wicked world, where evil abound

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jesus admonished us to pray without ceasing 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Jesus also in Luke 18:1-8 spoke a parable about a wicked judge(the thief-John10:10) who resides in this world, the same who walketh about, trying to make us look stupid or effort seem like a waste. Many have prayed and it is a strategy by the devil to frustrate them

Hear what this Angel said

Daniel 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and[b] I am come for thy words[/b].

Here, the Angel said, he was withstood

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

But, thanks to Daniel who kept praying throughout the 21 days

Notice the Angel said, I am come for thy words v12

The Bible said, walk in the spirit and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. The lust of the flesh are the destructive plans of the devil. I really always desire people to pray in the spirit and covet spiritual gifts as said, in 1 Corinthians 12:31

One thing I know about praying in the spirit is, the spirit prayeth, many pray in the understanding, but the thing about praying in the understanding or as you feel is that, you are not sensitive to the happenings in the spirit realm, so many wickedness is thrown at the light bearers, Jesus said, look unto me, Jesus will leave Mark 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

So, let's learn and desire to pray
Re: Attending To The Lord Without Distraction by Hier(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Pray

(1) (Reply)

The Essence Of Spiritual Office / Only An Honour / Look To Jesus And See Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.