Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Cringe When I Watch "Taxi Driver" - Director, Daniel Oriahi - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Cringe When I Watch "Taxi Driver" - Director, Daniel Oriahi (1143 Views)

'Enemy I Know': Regina Daniel Slaps Her Mother In A Movie / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies / How Can I Watch 2 Channels Concurrently With My Dstv Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Cringe When I Watch "Taxi Driver" - Director, Daniel Oriahi by bouncenews2: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2017
Even though Taxi Driver(Oko Ashawo) has brought Daniel Oriahi, fame and exposure outside Nigeria and Africa, he feels he can do better.
Taxi Driver (Oko Ashawo), was not Daniel Oriahi's first film, but it was the one that put him on the international map.

The film first broke the cinema box office record the week it came out in 2015, then it traveled to film festivals around the world including Berlin, Toronto and Paris.

Now Ivy league universities in the United States are showing interest in studying Nollywood, and want to examine and analyse films made in Nigeria, with Taxi Driver on the list of about 4 universities like Columbia University in New York and a research university called Dartmouth College.

Yet the director, Daniel Oriahi told Bounce News that he cringes when he watches the film.

“Even with how far Taxi Driver has gone I watch it and I just cringe. This is not what we set out to achieve, but it is funny that out of those perceived failures, success has come out of them. Since after Taxi Driver, things have really changed for me”

He also revealed that even though there are limitations that exist when making a movie in Nigeria, it has never discouraged him.

Rather they have only made him become creative.

“You have limitations of finance, or you don’t have the number of days you need to shoot your film well, you have to keep making films so that opportunities can come to make better films. I cannot just sit down and wait till I get everything I need. In my reality I cannot get everything I want.”

Taxi Driver is a film centred around a man who drives a taxi at night.

It narrates the story of Adigun (Femi Jacobs), a 31-year-old naive village mechanic who comes to Lagos for the first time after the sudden death of his estranged father, who was a taxi driver.

Taiwo (Odunlade Adekola), his father’s fellow taxi driver helps Adigun to navigate the treacherous Lagos streets that introduces him to several odd characters including Delia (Grace Ijeoma Agu), a prostitute, Kakanfo (Hafeez Oyetoro), the unseen vigilante, and notorious assassins called "three wise men".

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/bounceexclusive-i-cringe-when-i-watch-taxi-driver-director-daniel-oriahi-20171026

CC: MissyB3, Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

My Biology Teacher - Episode 2 / How To Start A Religious Tv Channel On Mytv / Action Series Of The Weekend.' Check It Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.