Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Arsenal To Evaluate Wenger's Potential In Summer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Evaluate Wenger's Potential In Summer (291 Views)

It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Arsenal To Fine Alex Iwobi Over ‘Unacceptable’ Partying Before Cup Loss / Arsenal To Review Wenger’s Future In Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal To Evaluate Wenger's Potential In Summer by Anaboy: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2017
Arsene Wenger's 21-year old stay in Arsenal is about to be reconsidered by the club management as outlined by recent reports.

Arsene Wenger has said that despite signing a new two year deal in summer time, his performance will be evaluated by the Arsenal board at the end of the season, prompting fresh speculation over his future, The Independent reports.

After receiving his third FA Cup in 4 years, Wenger signed a new deal to extend his 21 year reign by an additional 2 years.

Last season the Gunners concluded outside the top four for the first time in Wenger’s period and the campaign was stressed by off the field protests against the manager’s extended time at the club.

At the club’s annual normal meeting, Wenger said he would “see where I go from there,” on the scheduled post-season assessment”.

He added, “I am 21 years at the club and I want to feel that I do well, and see what the board thinks of my performance.

“After that we decide where we go from there. But of course my desire has always been to respect my contracts.

“I must tell you, my hunger, my commitment is bigger than ever,” the 68-year-old added. “But I will accept that of course when you have been at the club a long time, everybody questions that.

“I question myself a lot, don’t worry, to be better every single day.”

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Arsenal’s majority shareholder, Stan Kronke, said he was pleased with the job Wenger does but confesses the club can do better.

More Updates : http://www.millitime.com/arsenal-evaluate-wengers-potential-summer/

(1) (Reply)

#musings 003 / Arrivederci Italy: Azzurri Lose World Cup Playoff To Sweden / International Friendly: Super Eagles Decimates The Albiceleste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.