Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC (10800 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / Apple To Release iPhone 13 In September / MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2017
A report released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) during the week reveals that telecoms subscribers on other networks are massively porting to the new “kid” in town.

9Mobile has recorded the highest number of subscribers that ported to its network in the month of September 2017.

This is contained in NCC’s “Incoming and Outgoing Porting Activities of Mobile Network Operators Report” posted on its website.

The commission noted that 9Mobile led in the incoming porting table for September with an additional 11,517 customers joining its network. Meanwhile, Airtel came second on the gainers’ list with 2,660 subscribers, adding that 1,928 subscribers moved to MTN, while Globacom got 704 customers.

Incoming (Inward) Porting means the number of numbers ported from another service provider’s network into a service provider’s own network.

**Outgoing (Outward) Porting means the number of numbers ported to another service provider’s network from a service provider’s own network.

Industry watchers are of the view that users still have confidence in the 9Mobile network despite its metamorphosis from Etisalat and the re-branding exercise that followed.

NCC also reported that Mobile Number Portability (MNP) activities carried out by telecommunications operators decreased from 34,837 in August to 33,514 in September, signifying 1,323 declines.

On a different note, the commission reported that 2,926 customers of 9Mobile ported to other networks within the same period, indicating an increase of 696 from the 3,622 recorded in August.

In Airtel’s case, 4,840 subscribers moved from the network to other networks in the month under review signifying 288 increases compared to 4,552 in August.

For MTN, 4,625 customers moved from the network in September, showing a decrease of 703 subscribers, from the 5,328 that left the service provider in August.

Also, 4,314 subscribers moved from Globacom in September, representing an increase of 613 customers that left the network from a total 3,701 that left in August.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/9mobile-gains-the-highest-number-of-ported-subscribers-in-september-ncc/

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by eezeribe(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Mtn,Glo,airtel,9 mobile in collaboration with the Federal government via NCC are ripping Nigerians off...
They are offering the worst services the world over,to Nigerians...

25 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by froz(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2017
pple still dey port?
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by rodeo0070(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2017
We need better services and lower cost joor!

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by XXLDICK(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Nothing can separate me glo.

Best data and call rates

9 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Yes

Bcoz of dat dia fake sub.

Lies don't stand d test of tim

5 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2017
Same way APC gained supporters as a result of their empty promises,, but where are they now

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by mmsen: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2017
eezeribe:
Mtn,Glo,airtel,9 mobile in collaboration with the Federal government via NCC are ripping Nigerians off...

9 Mobile is more expensive than their competition but their service is better.

As to your comment about being worst service the world over - I suggest you travel more. You will find companies charging more for less.

7 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ozo13(m): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2017
Abeg
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ozo13(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Abeg how person fit get that free 1.5g data.i bot a new tecno fone.i hv tried using the pin i saw on the fone pack but it isnt working.thanks
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Starkid3010(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Ok We Hear
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by wizkidblogger(f): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2017
Story for the gods..
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by wunmi590(m): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't surprise, since globacom has not been giving her customers better network, to be the first to comment on nairaland, so I guess they have to port to the network that is more convenient to use in thier area.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by agarawu23(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Dem dey try
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by udemzyudex(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Lies...
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2017
Glo no try at all.Useless network.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Bisjosh(f): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2017
I dont believe this. This is a paid news

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2017
A tested and trusted ATIKU will definitely revive the TELECOMS industry, no telco will experience what befell ETISALAT
Let's ATIKULATE together 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by kabaka1: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2017
eezeribe:

...and most gullible Nigerians don't even know it

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by martineverest(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:
A tested and trusted ATIKU will definitely revive the TELECOMS industry, no telco will experience what befell ETISALAT
Let's ATIKULATE together 2019
get a life.... Ur mumu never stilldo?

12 Likes

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by AishaBuhari: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2017
mmsen:

9 Mobile are more expensive than their competition but their service is better.

As to your comment about being worst service the world over. I suggest you travel more. You will find companies charging more for less.
Even if these countries charges far more than Nigeria, the truth still remains that NAIRA IS USELESS. Now do your findings...
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Lamzee(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2017
Part of the people that ported are ADENUGA AND FAMILY
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=martineverest post=61869065]get a life.... Ur mumu never stilldo? [/quot

I'm full of live Bro, am on exercising my Right to choose who best will redeem this country from the catastrophic rule we are in.
So stop hating and join the ATIKU 2019 TRAIN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Mrkumareze(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2017
eezeribe:

Just cross border to Togo, by the time you spend one week you 'll give praises to naija network.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Maj196(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:
Nothing can separate me glo.

Best data and call rates
OYO lowa

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by iliyande(m): 8:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Even if other network providers offers same data plans like glo, I don't think I will port....
GLO is still doing the business for me cool
This is my opinion ooo
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Mumu network
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by sunmike065(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2017
eezeribe:

You people are so quick to attack and condemn your own like you have other country to run to undecided

Visit ordinary Qatar a country where u can not freely come online to type nonsense all in the name of freedom of speech...calling rate na wahala, data sub na gbege..

Nigeria is far far better than some European countries in some things believe me.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Mrkumareze:

Just cross border to Togo, by the time you spend one week you 'll give praises to naija network.
As in ehn! You talk true o! Even Ghana.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by blank(f): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2017
BlueBrothers:

The commission noted that 9Mobile led in the incoming porting table for September with an additional 11,517 customers joining its network. Meanwhile, Airtel came second on the gainers’ list with 2,660 subscribers, adding that 1,928 subscribers moved to MTN, while Globacom got 704 customers.

NCC also reported that Mobile Number Portability (MNP) activities carried out by telecommunications operators decreased from 34,837 in August to 33,514 in September, signifying 1,323 declines.

On a different note, the commission reported that 2,926 customers of 9Mobile ported to other networks within the same period, indicating an increase of 696 from the 3,622 recorded in August.

In Airtel’s case, 4,840 subscribers moved from the network to other networks in the month under review signifying 288 increases compared to 4,552 in August.

For MTN, 4,625 customers moved from the network in September, showing a decrease of 703 subscribers, from the 5,328 that left the service provider in August.

Also, 4,314 subscribers moved from Globacom in September, representing an increase of 613 customers that left the network from a total 3,701 that left in August.

This their data no dey add up. First of all, it is a decrease by 696 for Etisalat not an increase. Total inward porting was 16,809 whilst outward porting was 16,705. Then the total outward porting equals 16,705. How did they get 33,514?

Should they be adding outward and inward porting as separate figures? How can outward and inward not be equal? Can there be incomplete porting? Why not state that as a separate stat? Are they deliberately skewing the stats?

Just a little bored and decided to look at the stats properly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Best Websites To Download Android Games MOD In 2019 / The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? / Ever Sent A Dirty Sms To The Wrong Person? What Happened Thereafter ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.