Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC (10826 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / Apple To Release iPhone 13 In September / MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Micheezy7(m): 8:39am On Oct 29, 2017
Useless 9mobile.. No network here since yesterday...
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2017
BlueBrothers:
A report released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) during the week reveals that telecoms subscribers on other networks are massively porting to the new “kid” in town.

9Mobile has recorded the highest number of subscribers that ported to its network in the month of September 2017.

This is contained in NCC’s “Incoming and Outgoing Porting Activities of Mobile Network Operators Report” posted on its website.

The commission noted that 9Mobile led in the incoming porting table for September with an additional 11,517 customers joining its network. Meanwhile, Airtel came second on the gainers’ list with 2,660 subscribers, adding that 1,928 subscribers moved to MTN, while Globacom got 704 customers.

Incoming (Inward) Porting means the number of numbers ported from another service provider’s network into a service provider’s own network.

**Outgoing (Outward) Porting means the number of numbers ported to another service provider’s network from a service provider’s own network.

Industry watchers are of the view that users still have confidence in the 9Mobile network despite its metamorphosis from Etisalat and the re-branding exercise that followed.

NCC also reported that Mobile Number Portability (MNP) activities carried out by telecommunications operators decreased from 34,837 in August to 33,514 in September, signifying 1,323 declines.

On a different note, the commission reported that 2,926 customers of 9Mobile ported to other networks within the same period, indicating an increase of 696 from the 3,622 recorded in August.

In Airtel’s case, 4,840 subscribers moved from the network to other networks in the month under review signifying 288 increases compared to 4,552 in August.

For MTN, 4,625 customers moved from the network in September, showing a decrease of 703 subscribers, from the 5,328 that left the service provider in August.

Also, 4,314 subscribers moved from Globacom in September, representing an increase of 613 customers that left the network from a total 3,701 that left in August.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/9mobile-gains-the-highest-number-of-ported-subscribers-in-september-ncc/

Global comm is dying.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ghoste: 8:44am On Oct 29, 2017
iliyande:
Even if other network providers offers same data plans like glo, I don't think I will port....
GLO is still doing the business for me cool
This is my opinion ooo

Just pray u never leave that area u reside or u never gonna travel at all... Cuz if u do, u will get to knw wat pple ar sayin

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by olayinkajnr(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2017
sunmike065:

You people are so quick to attack and condemn your own like you have other country to run to undecided

Visit ordinary Qatar a country where u can not freely come online to type nonsense all in the name of freedom of speech...calling rate na wahala, data sub na gbege..

Nigeria is far far better than some European countries in some things believe me.

You dey mind them ni.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by BRYIAN99(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2017
ozo13:
Abeg how person fit get that free 1.5g data.i bot a new tecno fone.i hv tried using the pin i saw on the fone pack but it isnt working.thanks

Nah Scam Jare...it happened to me 2 months ago when i bought a new android too.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by BRYIAN99(m): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2017
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by iliyande(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
ghoste:

Just pray u never leave that area u reside or u never gonna travel at all... Cuz if u do, u will get to knw wat pple ar sayin

They run better 4g coverage too
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2017
iliyande:

They run better 4g coverage too
On a very useless bandwidth
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by iliyande(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2017
NgcoboP:

On a very useless bandwidth

On a contrary note, band 28 is actually the best compare to all what mtn and Co are parading here.
Research
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
iliyande:

On a contrary note, band 28 is actually the best compare to all what mtn and Co are parading here.
Research
Excluding affordability of devices
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by iliyande(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2017
NgcoboP:

Excluding affordability of devices
Get yourself a compatible mifi and relax and listen to people complain while you enjoy grin
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by soath(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
froz:
pple still dey port?
My line was originally MTN. I ported to Etisalat & now Glo.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by ozo13(m): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2017
BRYIAN99:

Nah Scam Jare...it happened to me 2 months ago when i bought a new android too.
nawa o
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by murmee: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2017
soath:
My line was originally MTN. I ported to Etisalat & now Glo.
Same here. I was on Etisalat since I started using Data for internet and they were so good. Towards the end of 2016, the quality of their data connection began to depreciate and it continued on that note until when they finally became 9Mobile and it got worse. I was left with no other choice than to quit. I am now on GLO 4G and so far it's been good.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
iliyande:

Get yourself a compatible mifi and relax and listen to people complain while you enjoy grin

Really?

Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by iliyande(m): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
NgcoboP:

Really?
cool
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by Alexrayz(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
ozo13:
Abeg how person fit get that free 1.5g data.i bot a new tecno fone.i hv tried using the pin i saw on the fone pack but it isnt working.thanks

Which mb u use take post this one
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by diademoly(f): 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
when it was etisalat,I received free mb and free u and me airtime but now...? sometimes it's not good for power to change hands.
Re: 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
this is pure lies by the NCC. .dont know if they are trying to promote the new network. .. .a network that has been into debts and a new management in the making. . .port come, port ni. .

www.valentine202.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones / Ever Sent A Dirty Sms To The Wrong Person? What Happened Thereafter ? / A Closer Look At The HiOS, features and UI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.