Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! (2859 Views)

Blackface Signs N52M Record Deal With Franchise Events Limited / D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label / Asa Signs Biggest Brand Endorsement Deal Worth N200m For Etisalat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ElRazur: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
Kai, this guy is just waxing it more and more. I guess this makes him one of the richest dead artist. I won't be surprised if he surpasses Elvis, Liberace Bob Marley and co. His recent DVD and what not outsold many living artist. Proof that legends live long. cool

I think this is why it is important to make good music. Music that stand the test of time, not the garbage this auto tune generation are coming out with these days.

Anyway, here is the news link.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7063490.ece

The estate of Michael Jackson has landed the late King of Pop the biggest recording deal in history: a reported $200 million (£133 million) guaranteed contract with Sony Music Entertainment for ten projects over seven years.

The record-breaking contract, which is expected to last until 2017, could be worth up to $250 million (£166 million) if certain conditions are met. One of the albums will be of previously unreleased Jackson recordings that will come out in November, according to a source familiar with the deal. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement is expected later today.

Future projects may also include a video game, a DVD compilation of videos and a re-release of Off the Wall, Jackson's fifth studio album, which first came out in 1979, accompanied by some unreleased material. Before his sudden death in June at the age of 50, the pop star had reportedly wanted to reissue the album.

One of the projects included in the contract is the two-disc album that accompanied This Is It, the film based on footage of concert rehearsals for what was to have been Jackson's comeback at the O2 arena in London.

Since Jackson’s death in June, more than 5 million copies of the special release of This Is It have been sold, as well as 31 million copies of his other albums.

“During his life, Michael's contracts set the standard for the industry,” said John Branca, the co-administrator of the Jackson estate, in a statement prepared for release later today. “By all objective criteria, this agreement with Sony Music demonstrates the lasting power of Michael's music by exceeding all previous industry benchmarks.”

Rob Stringer, chairman of Sony Music's Columbia Epic Label Group, said: “We're dedicated to protecting this icon's legacy and we're thrilled that we can continue to bring his music to the world for the foreseeable future."

The deal is worth more than the all-encompassing rights deals that Live Nation Entertainment, the concert promoter and ticket-seller, had previously signed with Madonna ($120 million) and Jay-Z ($150 million).

The deal with Jackson's estate is even more remarkable because it does not include royalties from merchandise.

The contract shows the value of legacy artists. It also comes at a time of decline for the music industry, with sales down about half from their peak in 2000, mainly because of free file-swapping.

The money will go a long way to settling Jackson's debts, estimated at about $400 million at the time of his death.

Distribution rights for This Is It were sold to Sony Pictures, another unit of Sony Corp, for $60 million and the movie went on to gross $252 million worldwide, the highest takings for a concert film.

Walt Disney even brought back the 17-minute Jackson movie Captain EO to its Disneyland theme park in Anaheim last month. The original began running at the park in 1986 but was pulled in 1997.

Jackson's most lasting and valuable asset is the 50 per cent stake in Sony/ATV Music Publishing, a company that owns publishing rights to music by The Beatles and numerous other artists, including Elvis Presley and Bob Dylan. The copyright catalogue is estimated to be worth $2 billion.

It will be interesting to see what the official announcement have in stock.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by eldee(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2010
WHOA!!! I thought Jay-Z's record was here to stay.
Well it's MJ, anything goes cheesy cheesy
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
even dead this guy keeps on breaking records!!!!
can you imagine that he sold 31million albums since his death!!! some artists dont even sell that much in a lifetime, lol.
i do wonder how much of this money will his kids truly get since he had debts of 400milla?
i am sure his lawyers will have many hoola hoops on the contracts to make sure that his estate get a fair share!
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by mamagee3(f): 12:11am On Mar 17, 2010
This dude can never die.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ElRazur: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2010
eldee:

WHOA!!! I thought Jay-Z's record was here to stay.
Well it's MJ, anything goes cheesy cheesy

You go wound o. Jayz and MJ? Stop this child play a beg.

grin

I think the official announcement was made last night - saw something on tv while I was studying.

MRbrownJAY:

even dead this guy keeps on breaking records!!!!
can you imagine that he sold 31million albums since his death!!! some artists dont even sell that much in a lifetime, lol.
i do wonder how much of this money will his kids truly get since he had debts of 400milla?
i am sure his lawyers will have many hoola hoops on the contracts to make sure that his estate get a fair share!

I am sure the reports about his finances are true. His Beatles catalogue alone is worth around Two billion apparently and his alleged debt is about 400 million. Ticket sale and merchandise from "This is it" made substantial amount of money etc. undecided I am very sceptical about his alleged financial ruin to be honest.

Omo 31 millions album sales is just massive. If I ever release and album and it sells a quarter of that figure. I think it will be a good job. grin
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by eldee(m): 10:07am On Mar 17, 2010
ElRazur:

You go wound o. Jayz and MJ? Stop this child play a beg.

Jay-Z only set the $150mil record last year or sumn . . .
He went about shouting it in all his songs.

He forgot that MJ was going to die at one point in time grin grin
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ofokaofoki: 8:42am On Mar 26, 2010
this el razur idiot just opens meaningless threads . you should be banned honestly.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by pheesayor(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
ofokaofoki:

this el razur idiot just opens meaningless threads . you should be banned honestly.

see beef  grin  grin grin

#It'z Pheesayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ofokaofoki: 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
phessayor no be only beef, i am cooking ponmo and atarodo for him now.
the guy just dey open foolish threads, , which kin thread be this, how can someone open a thread just to say michael jackson wey don die is worth 250million dolapos,?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and the fool even used dolapos. wft?
this el razur asswipe is a big irritant. what an idiotic retard el razur is. opening foolish threads up and down.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by SeXyBoNE: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
ofokaofoki:

the guy just dey open foolish threads, , which kin thread be this, how can someone open a thread just to say michael jackson wey don die is worth 250million dolapos,?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and the fool even used dolapos. wft?
this el razur asswipe is a big irritant. what an idiotic retard el razur is. opening foolish threads up and down.

If them give some pipo chance for this NL them go make eba for bottle
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
ofokaofoki:

the  guy just dey open foolish threads, , which kin thread be this, how can someone open a thread just to say michael jackson wey don die is worth 250million dolapos,??  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and the fool even used dolapos. wft?

this thread is as worthy as any thread on NL. if you had access to a TV or  read any newspapers you would have seen that this was all over the medias therefore "NEWSWORTHY"because it is the biggest recording contract ever made by any dead or alive artist,. . . . . . . .  duh!!!

NL is aplace to discuss issues about anything and everything happening in our lives, around us or on the other side of the world, NOT JUST WHAT YOU THINK IS OK TO DISCUSS/POST. if you really dont like the thread then dont read it and go read some other thread.

i guess you have some beef with ELRAZUR and decided to come here to wash your "dirty laundry".

by the way, if you had read the entire initial post instead of just seeing his name and start posting nonsense, you would have known that he didnt write that MJ was "worth" 250million Dolapos (everybody knows he is worth much more than that) BUT that the deal that MJ's estate just made was worth $250million thus the biggest deal in the history of MUSIC!!!!!
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ElRazur: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

some other thread.

i guess you have some beef with ELRAZUR and decided to come here to wash your "dirty laundry".

Gbam.

smiley

There will only be beef if the other party - me - is interested. As it stand, I choose to ignore him. smiley
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ofokaofoki: 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
el razur monkey whether u accept the beef or not , i am serving u barbeque and suya . you pretend like u dont have hatred for people but deep down u hate on every thread created by people, i got my eyes on u , i will be watching ur every move, if they born u well misyarn again make i see u. if u like go call all ur faggoot groupies mr brown jay sexybone anc o, i go deal with them one by one. as for u , i am watching u , if they born u just misyarn for any new thread wey anybody create , if u do i promise u life will be hell for all ur threads in nl. thats a promise and a debt.fool
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by hatch: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
ofokaofoki:

el razur monkey whether u accept the beef or not , i am serving u barbeque and suya . you pretend like u dont have hatred for people but deep down u hate on every thread created by people, i got my eyes on u , i will be watching your every move, if they born u well misyarn again make i see u. if u like go call all your faggoot groupies mr brown jay sexybone anc o, i go deal with them one by one. as for u , i am watching u , if they born u just misyarn for any new thread wey anybody create , if u do i promise u life will be hell for all your threads in nl. thats a promise and a debt.fool

@ ofokaofoki

Simply because el razur refused to be your mistress, you have decided to make his life a living hell angry
What kind of Gay Monkey angry makes such open declarations of making a person's life a living hell

Anyway, i hear from reliable source that you found you really had a troubled childhood So who is responsible for this ? Elrazur or daddy ? grin
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ofokaofoki: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
HATCH AKA MR FOOLISH ARE U TRYING TO MARRY ME INSTEAD, ?? DECLARE YOUR INTENTIONS YOU ARE GAY ABI, ?
I CAN SMELL IT. OLOSHI I NO DEY DO YOU. AND SHEY U WANT ME TO SHIFT FROM EL RAZUE TO YOU, U WANT THE SPOTLIGHT RIGHT??TELL ME I WILL MAKE U A CELEBRITY INSTANTLY LIKE JAVALOVE grin grin
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by hatch: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
Why i go marry you when i dey help your mama right now grin

I can't be doing mother and son at the same time tongue By the way i don't do men grin I no be gay monkey like you.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by Genuflect(m): 5:57am On Mar 27, 2010
E be like say una no sabi Ofoka. Lol. Ebora merindinlogun. Lmao
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by ElRazur: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2010
Empty barrel they say, makes the loudest noise. Start up any logical debate and hardly can he have any input worthy of intelligence.

Talk sh/t, more sh/t and more drivel. That is the pattern we see.

He feels self-important and lacks any logic. I think this is called Delusion of self grandeur. No wits, no nothing. Jeez, a dog with an access to a computer can type more sense and logic to be honest.

By the way, when people laugh, they are not laughing because you are funny, but laughing at you because you clearly lack the ability to think, reason and display any level of intelligence. Simply put, they laugh because you have little or no brain.

Ignoring people with little or no IQ like this is the best way to go.
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by hatch: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ Ofokaofaki

How many times will i tell you that i aint Elrazur and secondly i can't be doing both mother and son.
I aint a gay monkey like you son. undecided

I am presently having a nice time with mummy so why the hell would i want to do the son instead .
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by johnjoel(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2011
mj mj mj wao e go 1 day i think 2pac made that kind of sellin impression after his dead
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by Genuflect(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
johnjoel:

mj mj mj wao e go 1 day i think 2pac made that kind of sellin impression after his dead
Na wa o. Na English be dis sha
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by Fred87(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
no need 4 julius agu ohh,4 my ribs're cracked already.lol eeezz
Re: Michael Jackson "signs" New Record Deal - Worth 250 Million Dolapos! by eghost247(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
micheal jackson legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

T Man Chin Chin Hotest Dance Hall 2015 / Actor Odunlade Adekola Celebrates His Wife’s Birthday With New Pictures / Have You Listened To Ice Prince's oleku- Hot Or Wack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.