Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris (3218 Views)

COZA Member Reacts To Pastor's New Porsche / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mabell: 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2010
Just last week the city of Jos in Plateau state experienced a very terrible crisis where a lot of manslaughter took place. There were a lot of killings of people especially the women and children. A lot of bodies were seen everywhere and a lot of mass burials took place. Jos was not a place to be at that point in time. It was all over the news, the moslems where killing the christians mercilessly. But amidst all the confussion, miracles were still taking place. Here's a testimony:

A former grand occult master and former islamic leader Mohammed Aliu who got converted to christianity shares his testimony. He was converted to christianity in Mecca in a dramatic and spectacular way. Now, because of this when he came back, the moslems sought to kill him because after his conversion he did not just keep quiet but he went about sharing his testimony about his conversion and also preaching the gospel.He became a popular evangelist and became part of a church ministry in jos.

On the faithful day, he said he dropped his children off in school and branched by a business centre to do some printing and photocopying when a serious crisis that would almost cost him his life broke out. When the fight broke out, the moslems caught him, burnt his car and dragged him to a bush to kill him. He said he was surrounded with a bow and arrow to his head with dead bodies lying all around him. He was then given two options, to either be killed by the bow and arrow or drink a deadly mix( a mixture of cement and some poisonous chemical). He said he chose to drink the poison not because he wanted to but because he had being feeding his spirit on something. When he opted for the poison he said he remembered a message by Pst Chris that says", If Christ be in you, the life in you can neutralise poison. based on the scripture mark 16:18 "If they drink any deadly thing,it shall not hurt them" He drank the poison and at that point he couldn't mention the name of Jesus because if he did, he would be killed immediately. So he kept repeating " Christ in me, the hope of glory " under his breath and over again untill he passed out. He came back to consciousness in the evening. he saw burning houses. When he looked around him all he could see were dead bodies. Many obviously had died of the same poison and many died by bow and arrow. He found some bows and arrows lying arround him. He said he remembered his children, quickly pick up some arrows and bow and in order to identify with the killers runing rampage in disguise as he headed for the barracks where the children schooled. While approaching the barracks he had to throw away the weapons he had on him and then he searched and searched for his children. He saw the about 45mins later and decided to check for his wife the next morning.
On getting to the market where he last saw the wife, he was visited with the sight of dead bodies and then he saw the wrapper she was tying the day before. That was how he recognised her body.

Evangelist Mohammed Aliu is starting life afresh , and never ceases to give God thanks for the tapes of pastor Chris that has brought him understanding of practical life in Christ . He gave his testimony in a Christ Embassy Church , The Church raised a considerable amount of money for him and his four kids even though he was not a member of Christ Embassy.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mamagee3(f): 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
This is good news, Thank God for saving the life of that man. cheesy cheesy
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by noetic16(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
arrant nonesense. giving glory to "pastor" Chris and not JC, . .pure idolatry.

and where is the link for the testimony? why does the man not have a picture? must lies be told to get new followers? when did quoting "pastor" Chris become the substitute for the scriptures . . . . . can u please spare me of this rubbish.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
good news,but that Pastor Chris rant is unnerving.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Patjoe: 8:54am On Mar 17, 2010
Through nairaland , I have come to appreciate the teachings of pastor Chris, He teaches the truth. Many of us have been in ignorance.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Richkid247: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2010
GLORY TO GOD.thank GOD for this man's life.and for christ sake he is only thanking poastor chris for making the word of GOD readily available to him.why must some people see things ignorantly?
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by aletheia(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2010
This story is patently false.
a) Either it is a lie being peddled by the cult of Christ Embassy to glorify their pastor and recruit new members or
b) Christ Embassy has been scammed by a con artist masquerading as an "evangelist"

BTW I live in Jos and your story doesn't sound anything like what we experienced here.

1 Like

Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mabell: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2010
@noetic16&Mrprsdent
pastor chris is a man sent from God
he is a vessel unto God
God has blessed lives through him
what im talking about here is the message he preaches
God's message preached through him
, CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY,
he didn't write that, it's in the bible
i think it's time you put aside all your emotions and start listening to his message with a clear heart
as for the links i will send it to you NOETIC16
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by noetic16(m): 9:48am On Mar 17, 2010
mabell:

@noetic16&Mrprsdent
pastor chris is a man sent from God
he is a vessel unto God
God has blessed lives through him
what im talking about here is the message he preaches
God's message preached through him
, CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY,
he didn't write that, it's in the bible
i think it's time you put aside all your emotions and start listening to his message with a clear heart
as for the links i will send it to you NOETIC16

I have seen, read and heard enough from "pastor" Chris to form an independent opinion.
As for the links just post them on this thread.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mabell: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2010
aletheia:

BTW I live in Jos and your story doesn't sound anything like what we experienced here.

Maybe you are right
maybe all the news of the tv stations are false
maybe all the news on the airwaves are false
maybe all the pictures of dead bodies of women and children on the internet are false
maybe all the pictures of burnt houses and churches are false
yes maybe they are all false
UNBELIEVING BELIEVERS!
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by chakula: 10:17am On Mar 17, 2010
This is madness and ignorance.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by inedi: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2010
If the man came back to live because he listened to pastor chris then am sure it true because pastor chris is a gift to this generation. God is using him so mightily
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by inedi: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2010
Chakula what do mean when you say this is madness an ignorance, I want to know in details. Thank you
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by KunleOshob(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Post
Apart from the fact that it is obviously a false and mis-directed testimony [giving glory to a con man instead of Jesus] it is far more evident that a lot of people have lost their lives to Pastor chris scams through deceiving a lot of people into believing they are been healed and they "exercise" their faith by stopping their life saving medications.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
As Christians, it would please us for a story like this to be true. However, we cannot support something which is unsubstantiated and which even as presented in the opening post evinces embellishments, glorifies man and unquestioningly raises suspicion. I have seen and heard a "testimony" of similar circumstances given in an RCCG church in Lagos some years ago: bottom line was that the "testifier" used that "testimony" to ask for an offering - which is also similar to an aspect of the opening post.  What is more ---- you have only the word of the testifier; when Joagbaje first mentioned this in another thread, I got the impression that Joagbaje was directly involved in the "miracle" ---- the impression I got was that Joagbaje and others "confessed" scriptures over the man was what saved the fella. I will search for that his post and compare with the opening post because there seems to be a difference. Also look at some of the aspects of the "testimony":

mabell:

A former grand occult master and former islamic leader Mohammed Aliu who got converted to christianity shares his testimony.

First sign of embellishment --- indeed suggesting a possible tissue of lies.

He was converted to christianity in Mecca in a dramatic and spectacular way. Now, because of this when he came back, the moslems sought to kill him because after his conversion he did not just keep quiet but he went about sharing his testimony about his conversion and also preaching the gospel.He became a popular evangelist and became part of a church ministry in jos.

Second sign of embellishment --- again suggesting tissue of lies.

On the faithful day, he said he dropped his children off in school and branched by a business centre to do some printing and photocopying when a serious crisis that would almost cost him his life broke out. When the fight broke out, the moslems caught him, burnt his car and dragged him to a bush to kill him. He said he was surrounded with a bow and arrow to his head with dead bodies lying all around him. He was then given two options, to either be killed by the bow and arrow or drink a deadly mix( a mixture of cement and some poisonous chemical).

Did they drag others into the bush --- or simply kill them where they were found according to news reports?

Were the others given a choice of poison or were they simply killed by bow and arrow? Also, a lot of reports suggests that many of the sad sad killings were done by machete.

There are other gaps and things to question in the rest of the "testimony" but these are enough food for thought to start with.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
aletheia:

a) Either it is a lie being peddled by the cult of Christ Embassy to glorify their pastor and recruit new members or
b) Christ Embassy has been scammed by a con artist masquerading as an "evangelist"

Glad to see you are fine, aletheia.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Enigma(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
"Pastor" Joagbaje's version:

Joagbaje:

. . .

One of the victims of the Jos crisis Evangelist Mohamed Aliu a popular muslim leader now a Minister but not in CEC came to us for assistance, His wife was just killed in whatever market in Jos leaving him with 4 children. His car was burnt and his property. His children would have been killed had they not been in school near the Army Barracks. He was captured, dragged out of his car and they gave him 2 options of death they put arrow on his head and a mixture of cement.with a liquid substance. He chose cement drink. in his own words . As he drank it he said he remembered te tapes of pastor Chris, based on mark 16 . He began to mutter under his breath "If i drink any deadly thing , it shall not hurt me." He said he passed out.
( I felt he died) 9:am he came to himself arround 6 or 7 pm. woke up or rose up. He saw dead people all over, and bow and arrow scattered he picked bow and arrow to join the killers in disguise just to make his way to the baracks to get his kids,  To cut the story short , we gave him over a 100,000 bla bla . But the point is the message worked for him . I dont know the medical details. the only thing was he had a swollen scrotum! The message he beleived worked.
Others have died of thesame thing allover. But that doesnt mean a man should go and be drinking poison. When situation like this comes , the truth you beleive will work for you. Pastor Chris will not tell people to be tempting God.

You can verify from him yoursel Evang Mohamed Aliu. his new no. 08027943710  You can still send relief to him also.

Originally, I thought that by "bla bla", Joagbaje meant "words of confession" ---- as in "blab n grab" of Word of Faith/prosperity "gospel". Perhaps he actually meant they gave him "money"(?) --- in which case the "testimony" as erstwhile presented by Joagbaje is no more than a second-hand account and it boils down to whether we find the "testimony" and the testifier credible.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by aletheia(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
Enigma:

Glad to see you are fine, aletheia.

Thanks
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
mabell:

Just last week the city of Jos in Plateau state experienced a very terrible crisis where a lot of manslaughter took place. There were a lot of killings of people especially the women and children. A lot of bodies were seen everywhere and a lot of mass burials took place. Jos was not a place to be at that point in time. It was all over the news, the moslems where killing the christians mercilessly. But amidst all the confussion, miracles were still taking place. Here's a testimony:

A former grand occult master and former islamic leader Mohammed Aliu who got converted to christianity shares his testimony. He was converted to christianity in Mecca in a dramatic and spectacular way. Now, because of this when he came back, the moslems sought to kill him because after his conversion he did not just keep quiet but he went about sharing his testimony about his conversion and also preaching the gospel.He became a popular evangelist and became part of a church ministry in jos.

[size=18pt]On the faithful day, he said he dropped his children off in school and branched by a business centre to do some printing and photocopying when a serious crisis that would almost cost him his life broke out.[/size] When the fight broke out, the moslems caught him, burnt his car and dragged him to a bush to kill him. He said he was surrounded with a bow and arrow to his head with dead bodies lying all around him. He was then given two options, to either be killed by the bow and arrow or drink a deadly mix( a mixture of cement and some poisonous chemical). He said he chose to drink the poison not because he wanted to but because he had being feeding his spirit on something. When he opted for the poison he said he remembered a message by Pst Chris that says", If Christ be in you, the life in you can neutralise poison. based on the scripture mark 16:18 "If they drink any deadly thing,it shall not hurt them" He drank the poison and at that point he couldn't mention the name of Jesus because if he did, he would be killed immediately. So he kept repeating " Christ in me, the hope of glory " under his breath and over again untill he passed out. He came back to consciousness in the evening. he saw burning houses. When he looked around him all he could see were dead bodies. Many obviously had died of the same poison and many died by bow and arrow. He found some bows and arrows lying arround him. He said he remembered his children, quickly pick up some arrows and bow and in order to identify with the killers runing rampage in disguise as he headed for the barracks where the children schooled. While approaching the barracks he had to throw away the weapons he had on him and then he searched and searched for his children. He saw the about 45mins later and decided to check for his wife the next morning.
On getting to the market where he last saw the wife, he was visited with the sight of dead bodies and then he saw the wrapper she was tying the day before. That was how he recognised her body.

Evangelist Mohammed Aliu is starting life afresh , and never ceases to give God thanks for the tapes of pastor Chris that has brought him understanding of practical life in Christ . He gave his testimony in a Christ Embassy Church , The Church raised a considerable amount of money for him and his four kids even though he was not a member of Christ Embassy.

the crisis broke out in the middle of the night . . . a time when schools are closed and business centers are a good many hrs away from opening.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by InesQor(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
This thread and the ensuing discussion is hilarious, I swear! grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by ogajim(m): 2:21am On Mar 18, 2010
This is another thread by the NL chapter of CEC aka LoveWorld Inc. ( and sons and dauthers, apologies Chief Zebrudaya)

This Aliu dude got "converted" in Mecca, By whom? If we are allowed to ask that question undecided undecided undecided undecided

NO CHRISTIANS (non Muslimc) ARE ALLOWED into Mecca (Check with the Saudi authorities) I am told by muslims i know, If he got converted at the Vatican, coulda made more sense don't you think
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Mudley313: 4:53am On Mar 18, 2010
*shake my head*

when they ask all these charlatans to go into hospitals n use their so-called god-given power to perform their miracles to the glory of god or even walk the streets of jos n start raising peeps from the dead, their deluded followers will come up wit the excuse dat god doesn't work that way

but these same charlatans will advertise organized/staged so-called crusades (like the way magic shows are advertised or like music concerts where sumtimes well-known invited foreign artist are used to boost attendance--thus more kudi) n display their magic tricks on t.v for showmanship(n more tithes, first fruit, offerings n seed faiths from brainwashed magas)

*shakes head again*
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by alexleo(m): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2010
This is one ugly trend that has taken over most christian denominations. This so called pastors advertise themselves more than Jesus and this is wrong. Let pastor Chris preach whatever he likes and get the highest ovation and population. His teachings are mostly panel beated to suit his likes and dislikes. Any pastor that gives self serving interpretations of the bible to the congregation weather in my church or any church is deceiving the church. Even satan can preach that's why you see people commiting sin and using one bible portion to cover it. God's word is straight forward and doesn't need to be panel beated. Let's worship the creator and not the creature.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mabell: 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
@noetic & all
i was able to lay hands on some of hands on some of his fliers and the pictures during his testimony. i've not being able to access you tube

Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Ganjaseed: 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
@Mabell

You are not helping CEC nor Pastor Chris by telling stories like this. "man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris" You are diverting the glory due to God to Pastor Chris. You are such a religious minded person. Am afraid you do not know God and you can not make a God out of Pastor Chris, leave pastor Chris alone because people like are one of his problem. Focus on God mabell!!!!
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Patjoe: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ ganja seed
Ganjaseed:

@Mabell

You are not helping CEC nor Pastor Chris by telling stories like this. "man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris" You are diverting the glory due to God to Pastor Chris. You are such a religious minded person. Am afraid you do not know God and you can not make a God out of Pastor Chris, leave pastor Chris alone because people like are one of his problem. Focus on God mabell!!!!

Leave the lady or girl alone .She was merely quoting a man's testimony. Did she say there is no glory to God? I believe her point is that the message of pastor Chris works for those who listen to it , in my own opinion.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Patjoe: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ mabel
I want to hear it from the man's mouth , when are you uploading the video link , even if it's audio
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ Ogajim
ogajim:

This is another thread by the NL chapter of CEC aka LoveWorld Inc. ( and sons and dauthers, apologies Chief Zebrudaya)
This Aliu dude got "converted" in Mecca, By whom? If we are allowed to ask that question undecided undecided undecided undecided

NO CHRISTIANS (non Muslimc) ARE ALLOWED into Mecca (Check with the Saudi authorities) I am told by muslims i know, If he got converted at the Vatican, coulda made more sense don't you think

Are you a Muslim ? Why is it paining you that Aliu got converted in your holy land ? That's my Jesus for you. If he could knock Saul the terrorist down , he will not hesitate to knock anybody even if it's inside the Dome of the rock.
The man said he used to be an Islamic leader and got converter in Mecca.
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by mabell: 5:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
@noetic and all
you can see that the children ares still in their uniform.
they were like this for a week before the church helped them
below are the mans fliers he used for some of the crusades he attended
and in case you don't know christ embassy pastors wear suits and not traditional attires

Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by inedi: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2010
davidylan:

the crisis broke out in the middle of the night . . . a time when schools are closed and business centers are a good many hrs away from opening.
Haba! What is your own. the man said it happened in the morning. maybe in his area it happened in the morning while the crisis got to your street in the evening. is it not common sense angry
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2010
For the editors that like to put Christ Embassy stories on home page, the would have been a good one. Or is it only negative stories they are interested in?
Re: Jos Crisis:man Left For Dead Came Back Alive Because He Listened To Pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
Azibalua:

For the editors that like to put Christ Embassy stories on home page, the would have been a good one. Or is it only negative stories they are interested in?

we have many biased pple on Nl so dnt expect such

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Paradise Vs Christian Paradise (must Read) / Jesus The Sun Of God Is Coming Back By Christmas Day / There Was Electrical Sparks When My Body Touches My Bedsheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.