Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi (3120 Views)

RIP Flying Officer Kehinde Oluwatosin Olaniran / Missing Person Found In Lagos!! Read What Happened To Him / Missing Person: Help Find Kemisola Uthman Ogunyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by violent(m): 3:45am On Mar 17, 2010
Its been sixty days since Olaniran Ogunsanmi left home to watch Arsenal match.

His tall,dark,22yrs of age ,A graduate of biochemistry Babcock universiy 07 set,works with PWC attend seven day Adventist chuch gentle,loving, fun to be with and free spirited.

If anyone has seen this face anywhere in the world, kindly contact kayode on 08034724673, Courage 08063509118 or Coker 08033468051

Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Odunnu: 6:29am On Mar 17, 2010
60days?God,help him.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:38am On Mar 17, 2010
May God help you find him out.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2010
It would also help if you told us the neighbourhood where he was last seen, what he was wearing, etc. Help jog people's memories
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by chosen04(f): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2010
ziddy:

It would also help if you told us the neighbourhood where he was last seen, what he was wearing, etc. Help jog people's memories

YEAP! YOU HAVE A POINT!
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by ud4u: 12:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
You need prayers for this guy to be found, there are lots of ritualist all over the town.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by phatloomy(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
We pray for his safe return
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by kashmo: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
In tears, We attended the same boarding school together years back, I was even lucky enough to have visited his home during our final exam. I'm just hoping this is not one of those barbarian kidnappings, but rather be politically motivated. The whole FGC Idoani pray that God deliver you to your love ones Niran Ogunsanmi.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by violent(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
Olaniran Ogunsanmi had left home to watch a match at a viewing centre in the neighbourhood and had not returned since that fateful Sunday, January 17, 2010. JIBRIL SADO writes on the new twist in the case as investigations progress.

The case of 22 years old Olaniran Ogunsanmi appeared to be a straightforward story of a missing person. An ardent football fan, and die hard lover of the premiership league, he had left home for a viewing centre on Tokunbo Street, Sabo Yaba, Lagos, to watch the match between Arsenal Footbal Club and Bolton Wanderers Football Club on Sunday, January 17, 2010. He has, however, not returned home ever since.

But shortly after investigation began into the whereabout of the young man, a new twist is being introduced into the matter. Indications are emerging that Ogunsanmi’s case has possibly gone beyond that of just a missing person. He might have been kidnapped.

To begin with, confusion had initially set in as the information available have shown that the boy may have afterall, not left for the viewing centre, or that there is a disconnect somewhere. For instance, Ogunsanmi reportedly left home at about 7pm on the fateful day to watch the football match, while it was gathered that the ball which actually kicked off at 5 p.m. ended a few minutes before 7 p.m.

The new dimension introduced to the whole scenario is that Ogunsanmi may not have afterall been missing in the ordinary sense but kidnapped. The suspicion is fuelled by the alleged revelation that the man’s image was captured in an Automated Teller Machine camera, while he was withdrawing money from his personal savings account.

A family source told the Nigerian Compass on Sunday that following investigations, it had earlier been discovered that the sum of N10,000 was withdrawn from the man’s Guarantee Trust Bank account on January. The family had hoped that the discovery would provide investigators with more clues as to the whereabouts of their son.

But in a swift twist, it was revealed that it was Ogunsanmi’s footage that was captured withdrawing the money. The family source said that the image attracted more suspicion, as it was alleged that the man was standing in such a way that suggested he was being commandeered into the action by someone else who was standing by his side, away from the camera’s view.

The family source said: “It was discovered that N10,000 was withdrawn from Niran’s account, and the scary thing is that it was actually Niran’s (Ogunsanmi’s) face that was captured in the camera. However, the way he was standing, both in the video footage and the still camera footage, it seemed as if there was somebody or some people standing next to him and threatening him into making the withdrawal.”

The father of the missing young man, Hon. Owoola Ogunsanmi, revealed that the suspicious camera footage was just one of those things that had shown that there could be more to the missing case than met the eye.

Following the line of investigation in the case, the Nigerian Compass on Sunday gathered that a tailor on the street from where Ogunsanmi disappeared had told the man’s family that he often saw him with another young man simply identified as Tolu. The family promptly narrated the discovery to the police who invited Tolu for questioning. But Tolu vehemently denied knowing about the disappearance of his friend.

The source said: “When Tolu was told that we were looking for Olaniran (Ogunsanmi), he simply answered, ‘I don’t know about his whereabouts o.’ His reply was too sharp and spontaneous and it raised more suspicion.”

Curiously, also Ogunsanmi’s Visafone telephone number: 07041495957 always rang each time it was dialed, although there was hardly any answer. On the few occasions the phone had been answered, however, the family had been thrown into further emotional turmoil, as pranks and threats emanate from the other end. According to the family source, on one of such occasions on January 20, three days after his disappearance, the voice on the other end simply asked: “Is that Doctor?, and then hung up the line.

Another call was placed to the number on January 24. This time, a female voice reportedly answered and merely asked: “Is that Alhaja? before hanging up the line. In the evening of the same day, a male voice allegedly answered a call to the phone number and reportedly told the bewildered family members: “Since you have decided to arrest Tolu because of your missing son, then you people should go to Ikate Beach tomorrow morning, you will find Olaniran’s (Ogunsanmi’) body there.

Rattled, the family was said to have reported the new dimension to the police which promptly narrated the same to Tolu. In his response, he reportedly said merely: “Why will they kill Niran (Ogunsanmi) because I was arrested.”

Prior to all of these, the source told Nigerian Compass on Sunday, Tolu had called Yetunde, Olaniran’s girlfriend on phone, telling her that he had heard that Olaniran was missing. He then reportedly assured her that the situation was under his control and that Olaniran would be found because he was a nice boy.

All these, according to the source have added to the belief that Tolu is the prime suspect in the case. He is therefore currently the guest of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Lagos Police Command, where the case is being investigated.

Ogunsanmi, a graduate of Biochemistry from Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun State, is said to be about 5feet 8inches tall and is dark in complexion. He speaks English and Yoruba fluently. Until his mysterious disappearance, he was an employee of Price Water House Cookers Nigeria Limited, an accounting firm on Lagos Island . On the day he left home, he was said to be spotting a red and white Arsenal FC jersey over a pair of shorts.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by oderemo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
The fresh heads of kidnap victims are sold for the equivalent of $20 USD in Nigeria, which is a LOT of money to a murderer whose primary goal in life is never to engage in an honest day's work, so it will take a miracle for this young man to re-appear intact and alive.

If cumulative statistics of mysterious disappearances were ever to be kept in Nigeria, mass hysteria would
en
why dont you shut the phuck up if you have nothing better to say. missing person do have CHANCE of coming back alive even after so many days pls.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by funkybaby(f): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
I learnt about this in January from my brother . . . . they are colleagues at work.

My brother told me that the police have been actively involved in the case and after contacting one of the gsm providers, the last call traced to his mobile phone was made around Ijora.

My prayers are with the family for his safe return home.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
So sad, I hope he is not dead yet. May God Almighty protect him wherever he is.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Jakumo(m): 5:53am On Mar 18, 2010
ode remo:

en
why dont you shut the phuck up if you have nothing better to say. missing person do have CHANCE of coming back alive even after so many days pls.

Presumably, sir, you find the truth about Nigeria's LEGIONS of missing people, and their most common fate, unsettling. I understand your pain, and I share it, along with a good measure of disgust about the perpetrators and their stone-age mentality.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Eggyloo: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
So so sad. We had a similar case in my school 2 years ago. The boy (a final year student)left school for home in Lagos but never reached home. It was only after 3days the rest of us noticed that he was missing. A month later, investigations showed that he withdrew money from his bank account in Kaduna. That was the last we heard. The boy was later found after 9months when it was as if all hope had been lost. He now calls himself LAZARUS.

I feel for his parents; especially his mum. I pray that Niran will be found this month. There is nothing impossible with God.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Eggyloo: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2010
So so sad. We had a similar case in my school 2 years ago. The boy (a final year student)left school for home in Lagos but never reached home. It was only after 3days the rest of us noticed that he was missing. A month later, investigations showed that he withdrew money from his bank account in Kaduna. That was the last we heard. The boy was later found after 9months when it was as if all hope had been lost. He now calls himself LAZARUS.

I feel for Niran's parents; especially his mum. I pray that Niran will be found this month. There is nothing impossible with God.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
I pray they find him safe and sound.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by indie22(f): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
I pray he's found sha, and by God's special grace, he will return home,
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by funkybaby(f): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
There are so many people praying for his safe return home.
God will hear our prayers. AMEN !
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Dominoifet(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
@poster

U better get help faster check all police stations and prisons. They could have short-changed the guy for a criminal during there unabated raids arrange his trial and send him to jail for what he did not commit.they could say he was a murderer or kidnapper etc. The naija police is the worst thing that can happen in life. Swing to action now before the guy rot in jail.
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 21, 2010
Any news??
Re: Missing Person: Olaniran Ogunsanmi by IntersectCon: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
The number of Missing Persons in Nigeria keeps increasing by the day. It’s a sad reality.
Please use the Missing Persons Platform to list this information.

The Platform allows you to share information on missing and unidentified persons. It also helps you create a poster you can share on Social Media.
www.missingpersonsplatform.com

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Cost For Digging Boreholes / How Did You Spend The Christmas Holiday? (share Your Experiences) / Photos: Man Afflicted With Root Like Warts Growing In Hands, Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.