Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) (2198 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) / Time Have Proven Former White South African Prime Minister P.W Botha Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Two white farmers, who forced a terrified black man they caught on their land into a coffin and threatened to throw in a snake and burn him alive, were sent to prison today for attempted murder.

Willem Oosthuizen and Theo Jackson were also sentenced for kidnapping, assault with GBH and intimidation in a trial that highlighted the deep racial divisions in South Africa.

The pair were sentenced to a combined 35 years after a court was shown a horrific two-minute long video of them threatening their victim, trapped inside a coffin, as he pleaded for his life.

In August both were convicted after Mr Mlotshwa's ordeal in the coffin was shown to the court on a big screen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5023797/Black-man-forced-coffin-South-African-farmers.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-safrica-race/south-african-farmers-jailed-for-forcing-black-man-into-coffin-idUSKBN1CW16U?ref=hvper.com
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2017
The video, recorded by the farmers, showed the helpless Victor Mlotshwa with his hands clasped in prayer, whimpering as he was forced to lie down in the casket.

Mlotshwa was seen begging for his life as his tormentors tried to close the lid on him, claiming to have found him trespassing.

The victim describing the coffin attack told the packed courtroom: 'Jackon opened the coffin and told me to get into it.

Oosthuizen told me he would shoot me if I ran away'.

The horrific video shows the pair threatening to burn their victim alive and throw a snake inside the casket

Married father of three Jackson, 30, was sentenced to 19 years, with five years suspended, meaning he will serve 14 years.

Mr Mlotshwa appeared before Judge Mphahlele and said he thought the farmers should be jailed for 15 years.

While the victim also said he was due compensation for his ordeal of R400,000 (£22,750)

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Imagine wickedness

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 29, 2017
I respect the farmers. They are one of the very few that could openly declare their hatred for blacks. I know they won't come out of that jail alive.

But truth be told slavery hasn't really been abolished. We see it everyday but we choose to ignore it. Because of wetin we go chop.

I still remember fondly the day I met my sister's white boss. And I'm sure he will remember me. His mouth will remember me. His teeth, lost somewhere on the streets of garki will remember me.

11 Likes

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Bibors(m): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2017
Will they learn?
But Wetin carry you go person farm?
This news will only increase racism against blacks in Caucasian dominated environment
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:23am On Oct 29, 2017
When the footage went viral on social media last year it triggered national outrage and near rioting.

Ultimately leading to the arrest of the two accused, who were remanded in custody for their own safety after getting death threats.

Mr Mlotshwa wept in court when the video was shown and his mother was so distressed she left the courtroom.

'Please don't kill me,' Mlotshwa is heard begging the two white men while being forced into the coffin

'Why shouldn't we, when you are killing our farm?'

one replied.

The two claimed that they had caught Mr Mlotshwa with stolen copper cables trespassing on private property.

They said he threatened to return at night and burn down their crops and murder their wives and children.

To scare him from carrying out his threat they said they put him in the coffin and threatened to burn him alive in the hope that he would be too frightened to return.

Supporters of various political parties cheer as farmers Willem Oosthuizen and Theo Martins are sentenced in Middelburg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by martynsnet: 6:27am On Oct 29, 2017
I know there are lots of black South Africans on the forum, and I know a few of them are good with words, so I will try to reserve somethings so as not to start any drama.

However, the truth is that the black South African lacks the mental strength, zeal and will to rise above their limitations. they are still dwelling in a state of mind of slavery. Only the newer generation of SA are trying to make a tiny bit of change but not enough.

They would rather do menial jobs, depend on government aids, drink and party all day and have orgies than work.

Now you that SA NLER that wants to attack me, u know this is the truth, but u would rather attack me instead of reflect on what I have said because u are full of sh@t

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by mazimee(m): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2017
I remember this incident, human beings are terrible
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Samsimple(m): 6:30am On Oct 29, 2017
Maybe they thought he was Nigerian, same way they thought when they killed luckydube... Xenophobic attacks is not the way forward one africa... Peace
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 29, 2017
South Afrika is still in bondage and still struggling to fulfil the hopes & dreams of Mandela.

And instead of the lazy, thieving bastards directing their anger & frustration towards the whites who are still ruling them, they are taking it out on foreigners through xenophobia - forgetting how Nigeria helped their pitiful-asses in breaking the back of Apartheid by spending over $61Billion from 1960 - 1995 just to support the end of Apartheid - more than any other Country in the World.

If not for Nigeria, South Afrika would have been renamed “The United States of Israel” with all their lazy, thieving blacks turned into trained animals for diverse entertainment circus sideshows.

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2017
shocked

I laugh in Afrikaans apartheid.

Honestly though, this judgement appears skewed in my opinion, because it looks like something done to assauge the ire of the black South Africans.

What was the man doing on their farm in the first place, and isn't it possible he might have been trespassing, leading to the reaction, albeit a rather extreme one, of the white farmers?

The pair of farmers were simply sacrificed on the altar of racial relations.

For me though, the million rand question is how did the video get out? World people sef. It's not everything that one records na. See as e don boomerang for their head now. Niggas never learn. grin

5 Likes

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2017
cummando:
I respect the farmers. They are one of the very few that could openly declare their hatred for blacks. I know they won't come out of that jail alive.

But truth be told slavery hasn't really been abolished. We see it everyday but we choose to ignore it. Because of wetin we go chop.

I still remember fondly the day I met my sister's white boss. And I'm sure he will remember me. His mouth will remember me. His teeth, lost somewhere on the streets of garki will remember me.

grin grin grin grin

Wetin the guy do you wey you beat am comot him teeth na And you waka scot-free just like that?

2 Likes

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by chijioke17(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2017
Space booked.

This farm land is out of bounds to dark people.

Trespassers will be shot.

Survivors will be shot again. grin
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2017
DanseMacabre:

grin grin grin grin

Wetin the guy do you wey you beat am comot him teeth na And you waka scot-free just like that?
As in I waka like boss. E go dey press press my sister come go lock am for office say he no go let am out until he login. The man suffer. Because I know say he no go wan call police
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2017
cummando:

As in I waka like boss. E go dey press press my sister come go lock am for office say he no go let am out until he login. The man suffer. Because I know say he no go wan call police

Serves the pervert right. angry Na im you comot only teeth You for comot that him small pink thing join na. What nerve!
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2017
Half stories nowadays, South African Niggas were stealing in this white men farms and little was done. Is it not the same SA were Nigerians are killed cause some sold drugs? I feel no pity for them/him, dragging their fellow blackman on the street. Lubbish, if dem they kill cause person sell una drug una demand for them suppose no anger for a theif been scared
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by PrinceJoeWan(m): 8:14am On Oct 29, 2017
All these white people no get conscience at all imagine trying to bury someone alive !!!
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Queenlovely(f): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Sad

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by kalvoken(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2017
Who did the recordings?
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by McGg: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
the moment I see this type of topic I burn with hate these white folks still think they are god and some Africans will still hail and prove them god

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by wunmi590(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
yes, this is good news, more to come to other S.A citizens, more to come to those who are in the habit of killing Nigerians
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by vioment: 1:12am On Oct 30, 2017
Not fair. Nigerians are attacked and killed without consequences. This guy has seen that many Africans act like animals - no development among any group of blacks without the help of oyibo, asians, or mid easterners. Please release him.

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Mzansian(f): 6:52am On Oct 30, 2017
Queenlovely:
They just wanted to scare him. If they wanted him dead, they would leave no record. Black people are not doing anything to help themselves. Screaming racism daily. Show me any prosperous Blak nation

So the fact that they didn't kill him justifies this nonsense?. Yes , it's irritating when black people scream racism and xenophobia without anytime they are caught doing wrong but this is a different case . This young man was dehumanized by two racist men , and this has caused a huge increase of farmers being attacked and killed in that region and others .
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Mzansian(f): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
Half stories nowadays, South African Niggas were stealing in this white men farms and little was done. Is it not the same SA were Nigerians are killed cause some sold drugs? I feel no pity for them/him, dragging their fellow blackman on the street. Lubbish, if dem they kill cause person sell una drug una demand for them suppose no anger for a theif been scared

LMFAO, frustration and nothing but. Be healed.
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Mzansian(f): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2017
DanseMacabre:
shocked

I laugh in Afrikaans apartheid.

Honestly though, this judgement appears skewed in my opinion, because it looks like something done to assauge the ire of the black South Africans.

What was the man doing on their farm in the first place, and isn't it possible he might have been trespassing, leading to the reaction, albeit a rather extreme one, of the white farmers?

The pair of farmers were simply sacrificed on the altar of racial relations.

For me though, the million rand question is how did the video get out? World people sef. It's not everything that one records na. See as e don boomerang for their head now. Niggas never learn. grin

This case was publicized world wide for a reason. You saw Australians, brits in those countries protesting outside south african embassies asking for a lengthy sentence because they know this case angered many people and has caused more white farmers to be attacked. Today the nation is asked to wear black to raise awareness to this . Have they gotten a lighter sentence , that town would have been a warzone today.

1 Like

Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by proudlyYoruba(m): 7:09am On Oct 30, 2017
Mzansian:

LMFAO, frustration and nothing but. Be healed.
You are keeping a straight face and you are typing 'LMFAO'. IS BRAIN PAINING U NI?
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by DanseMacabre(m): 7:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Mzansian:

This case was publicized world wide for a reason. You Australians, brits in those countries protesting outside south african embassies asking for a lengthy sentence because they know this case angered many people and has caused more white farmers to be attacked. Today the nation is asked to wear black to raise awareness to this . Have they gotten a lighter sentence , that town would have been a warzone today.

Agreed, but my question is conveniently left unanswered. What was the man doing on their farm in the first place?
Re: White South African Farmers Jailed 35yrs For forcing Black Man Into Coffin(Pics) by Mzansian(f): 7:26am On Oct 30, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Agreed, but my question is conveniently left unanswered. What was the man doing on their farm in the first place?

The guy and many others who live in that region say they use they use that farm and two others for short cuts. Now that is wrong but this should have been solved in a mature way like in most communities . The farmers involved should have called all community members and the police to tell everyone that they aren't happy with this and come up with solutions . Instead they lied and claimed he stole copper , but when the police went there to see the copper that they took from the " thief " and it wasn't which tells you their story was bogus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IDF Captures Headquarters Of Hamas North Gaza Brigade(photos). / Insiders Looted Gold Worth $200b From South African Reserve Bank / Rwandan Female Presidential Aspirant Hit With Scandal As Nude Photos Go Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.