Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian (15067 Views)

The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos) / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers / Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by newsynews: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
AuroraB:
Y'all be kicking against divorce but would embrace it when it comes to you sad
Who are you deceiving
Make one man kee me for my Mama? undecided
Adi e me ya eme sad

Mathew 10:37

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by hotspec(m): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
newsynews:
Read to understand. Separation is not divorce.
so, God is support of separation, right? What u have there is a myopic opinion without anything to substantiate ur claims.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by AuroraB(f): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
newsynews:

Mathew 10:37

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Humor me sad
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by KaLuCh: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
@op did you really really have to use Pastor Chris's picture where you did? It reeks of hypocritical self-righteousness. Folks like you will surprised when you get to heaven.

And if you think God would want any of his children to continue in an abusive marriage, I don't even know what to say to you. If you actually study God you'd see exceptions all the time. Sometimes religious interpreters of the Bible are the reason some see a monster in a loving God. I can't wish you evil but I hope IF your child marries a rather abusive man, her life and the future if her kids threatened, you'll still preach God hates divorce. You just haven't seen shit.

Let me tell you, there are situations you will blow the brains of someone out and it won't count as sin. Even in the 9ld testament when there wasn't grace God made exceptions when situations call for it. There is no complete rule in the Bible or anywhere else on how to proceed on every single occurrence in life. And I read something you wrote on sticking with an abusive man even if it leads to your death, dude that's suicide, do that and you roast in hell.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by OtemSapien: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
Deflorence:
This is REAL Sermon.
We don't study the bible again thats why divorce is rampant nowadays, we are just church goers. I pray GOD gives us strenght and wisdom to read and understand his words, AMEN.

No. Whether you study the bible or not, the reality must take its toll on the people who are real. The bible, being fictitious, is only trying to paint a world of fantasy whereas in the reality, we see deep challenges and we being humans, tend to do whatever we can do to surmount those challenges.

Did the Abraham in the bible not also divorce his wife Hagar? It's easier said than done.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by NoToPile: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
Its been a while I read very true christain words on this divorce and remarriage issue.

What the OP said is the pure truth, the biblical stance on this issue except we want to deceive ourselves.

Truth is bitter.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Deflorence(f): 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:

No. Whether you study the bible or not, the reality must take its toll on the people who are real. The bible, being fictitious, is only trying to paint a world of fantasy whereas in the reality, we see deep challenges and we being humans, tend to do whatever we can do to surmount those challenges.

Did the Abraham in the bible not also divorce his wife Hagar? It's easier said than done.
Please Abraham did not marry Hagar.
STUDY THE BIBLE and engage me properly instead of this your hersay.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by OtemSapien: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Deflorence:

Please Abraham did not marry Hagar.
STUDY THE BIBLE and engage me properly instead of this your hersay.
Abraham didn't marry Sarah either. Show me a reference to reveal where Abraham married Sarah.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Shally2: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Well, I know a lot of people from divorced home that are doing well. Your background should not define you. Stop telling people to endure, forgive and die in marriage. I hope you will forgive that woman who will bring a man home whenever you are away. Leave people alone. God hates divorce so does he hate adultery and violence. They are all the same! Nobody should die in marriage.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Shally2: 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
timojerry:
What the op has said is very true and correct. God hates divorce. It is sickening that many people turn the word of God to suit them and claim that we are in the modern times.im not judging but God has said that He is the same yesterday today and forever. He changeth not, modern or old times.
For those asking if separation is biblical, it is people. You can separate from each other with consent pending when either party cones to believe God. If he does not, the Bible says you should report him to the church to see if the leaders can solve the problem. If after that he or she does not come to believe God, it says leave him or her to him or her self but do NOT remarry. Instead after separation, you can begin to care more for the things of God as Paul said in the Bible.

Remarrying means continuous living in sin. How can we say God forgive us for our sons yet we are in it, there's no grace for that. God will not answer the prayers because the prayers of sinners is an abomination to Him. People may say if domestic violence had existed during the times of Jesus, he might have added that as one of the reasons for divorce after adultery but people, God sees the end from the beginning, He must have known about domestic violence yet He chose to talk about only adultery.

Divorce isn't good. Do not remarry because of adultery and do not commit fornication while seeking God's face. After all Paul was single, cared for God and after everything he was able to say that he has fought the good fight and there was a crown waiting for him. He knew where he was going, how many of us can say that after our life on Earth.

I know it's easier to talk than to do. I'm not judging anyone because I know it's not easy but that's why God's grace is sufficient for us. Sex ain't food. Two minutes pleasure or for some who take enhancement two hours pleasure after that what else? Satisfaction? There are other things Paramount in life than that.

For the person that said can you forgive if your wife is slept with 70*7, well the scripture is clear about forgiveness. Forgive always. We do cruel things yet God forgives us then why is it hard to forgive. If he can forgive the woman who committed adultery ( we don't know how many men she slept with) why can't we forgive.

It has been said in Philippians 4 v 8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I'm not a judge,neither a pastor. I'm not righteous than anyone, yet the truth must be told. The Bible is clear. No means No. Divorce isn't good do as well as those using artificial insemination of other people's sperm yo get children while still married.

Romans 1 v 21

Because, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Let us think on these things.

God bless you and have a nice week ahead

God hates separation , domestic violence as much as he hates divorce. Read your Bible very well
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by SweetWJ(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
AuroraB:
Y'all be kicking against divorce but would embrace it when it comes to you sad
Who are you deceiving
Make one man kee me for my Mama? undecided
Adi e me ya eme sad
Are u a Deltan?
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by alBHAGDADI: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Abraham didn't marry Sarah either. Show me a reference to reveal where Abraham married Sarah.
You go and read the story of Abraham and Sarah, there you will find that she is referred to as his wife. Hagar on the other hand was referred to as a bond/slave woman in the Bible. She was never his wife but was offered to Abraham by Sarah so as to have a child. Since when did that equate to being a wife or marriage?

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by alBHAGDADI: 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
Shally2:

God hates separation , domestic violence as much as he hates divorce. Read your Bible very well
The truth is bitter. You just have to accept it or stop being a Christian.

You can't bend it.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by OtemSapien: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You go and read the story of Abraham and Sarah, there you will find that she is referred to as his wife. Hagar on the other hand was referred to as a bond/slave woman in the Bible. She was never his wife but was offered to Abraham by Sarah so as to have a child. Since when did that equate to being a wife or marriage?
Did Abraham wed Sarah? Hell no. Pls show me where they did wedding. If they didn't, it also means Sarah isn't his wife too, according to your analogy. Anyway, from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, Abraham's(Brahma) actually married and divorced Haga his wife.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by alBHAGDADI: 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Did Abraham wed Sarah? Hell no. Pls show me where they did wedding. If they didn't, it also means Sarah isn't his wife too, according to your analogy. Anyway, from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, Abraham's(Brahma) actually married and divorced Haga his wife.
You've opened that your weed book again. grin

So you want it expressly written that Abraham wedded Sarah, perhaps you want the name of the musicians that performed and a taste of the meal that was served. grin

Verses in the Bible called Sarah Abraham's wife, how come none called Hagar a wife but a slave woman?

Pls, discard that doctofus stupid book that only you in the entire world knows about.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by OtemSapien: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You've opened that your weed book again. grin

So you want it expressly written that Abraham wedded Sarah, perhaps you want the name of the musicians that performed and a taste of the meal that was served. grin

Verses in the Bible called Sarah Abraham's wife, how come none called Hagar a wife but a slave woman?

Pls, discard that doctofus stupid book that only you in the entire world knows about.
Same way you want it expressly written that Abraham wedded Hagar grin

Okay let's look at this this way, Divorce or Abortion, which one is more acceptable to Yahweh your god? Because Abraham isn't going to escape from this. Remember, if Hagar was never Abraham's wife, then it means he committed Adultery with her. So answer this question:

Is Abraham right to commit ADULTERY with Hagar?

Now concerning the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, you will even see your descendants reading it and getting sense and you'll be able to do nothing about it because the time of enlightenment is here. You may consider reincarnation to the world to see if you can stop the truth from spreading. Cheers wink
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by alBHAGDADI: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Same way you want it expressly written that Abraham wedded Hagar grin

Okay let's look at this this way, Divorce or Abortion, which one is more acceptable to Yahweh your god? Because Abraham isn't going to escape from this. Remember, if Hagar was never Abraham's wife, then it means he committed Adultery with her. So answer this question:

Is Abraham right to commit ADULTERY with Hagar?

Now concerning the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH, you will even see your descendants reading it and getting sense and you'll be able to do nothing about it because the time of enlightenment is here. You may consider reincarnation to the world to see if you can stop the truth from spreading. Cheers wink
There was no law concerning adultery in the days of Abraham. As a matter of fact, there was no law existing then. Abraham himself was just knowing God.

There's a thread on front page now. Go and tell the atheists there about otem, the god that has only one worshipper.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by OtemSapien: 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
There was no law concerning adultery in the days of Abraham. As a matter of fact, there was no law existing then. Abraham himself was just knowing God.

There's a thread on front page now. Go and tell the atheists there about otem, the god that has only one worshipper.

What law was existing before Yahweh your god, according to your storybook decided to judge the whole world with flood? What law was existing when your god decided to burn Sodom and Gomorrah with fire? What law was existing before your god decided to punish Cain with lunacy? Not w suddenly you remembered that there was no law when Abraham used and dumped Hagar according to your bible tales grin cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by AuroraB(f): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
SweetWJ:
Are u a Deltan?
Nah, I'm not grin
Why you asking though undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Whizz95: 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
I have always wondered why 8 people survived the flood during the time of Noah, 4 people during the time of lot(sodom and gomorrah). *****Now, I fully understand why. No matter how many people rejects the truth, it doesn't changes it****. The word of God is bigger than any teacher or church. It our obligation/duty to know the truth and sell it not(proverbs 23:23). *** Remember, we only have one life, don't let anyone deceive you(1 corinthians 3:18). ***God is not man that reduce standard or make mistake. The word/commandment of God is complete and is never obsolete(1 Peter 1:25). My own little contribution.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by SweetWJ(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
With keen interest, i read through all the post in this thread. I observed that there were variation in the opinion and interpretation of the subject matter.
"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24 NKJV.
This is where many Christians err in the knowledge of God and interpreting His word. If all Christians are in the Spirit, we will all have one interpretation of His word because God is One. The error comes when people who say they are Christians and at the same time in the world try to understand what God is saying, it becomes difficult because they are carnally minded.
My take on this issue is that Gods commandment is the same always whether you believe it or not.
Jesus Christ in most cases spoke to the Pharisees in parables but on this case, He spoke clearly to them that Adultery is the only reason for Divorce. Matt 9:19.
The issue of domestic violence doesn't count here because the union in marriage is something beyond physical thing. It involve blood. "They are no longer two but one". Think of that statement.
The only aspect i have some disagreement with the OP is:
1. The area of temporary separation. I can't find that in the bible. My question is, do they still live together during this period or stay apart? If they should be apart, how about the kids and what happens when the urge for copulation comes especially when the separation is lengthy?
2. The issue of forgiveness. I don't understand what you mean by "you can forgive her even if she commits adultery 70X7 times". There is difference between forgiveness and reconciliation. You can forgive someone and decide not to reconcile or reconcile and yet not forgive even when you have verbally pronounced it. Forgiveness is a personal decision while reconciliation is a mutual agreement. My question is, what would you do when you see another man with your wife on your matrimonial bed constantly because you have been forgiving her for the ones she has been doing outside or she tells you that she's not interested the marriage anymore and you find out that its because she wants to reunite with her ex. What will you do?
I will tell my story someday how i was victimized in my marriage which has already split.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by SweetWJ(m): 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
AuroraB:
Nah, I'm not grin
Why you asking though undecided lipsrsealed
. Jus wanna know.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by AuroraB(f): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
SweetWJ:
. Jus wanna know.
Happy birthday smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by SweetWJ(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
AuroraB:
Happy birthday smiley
Thanks dearie
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by AuroraB(f): 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
SweetWJ:
Thanks dearie
wink
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by mechanics(m): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
cummando:
And if the partner kills you its straight to hell because you saw danger yet you lived with it. Its suicide in disguise
That's not true
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by daraj: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
I have a scenario here...a woman married and the marriage was a turbulent one, domestic violence involved,the woman had to separate from the man to save her life cos she was pregnant and the man did not bother to ask after her for over a year,reconciliation was made and the woman returned..but domestic violence continued..the man now called the elders of the church and said he is no longer interested in the marriage and left the woman ..deserted her.she remarried to a God fearing man but later left him on ground that he couldn't take care of her and married a man that's able to..although regreting her action..is she in an adulterous marriage now..whats she suppose to do.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
mechanics:
That's not true
Are you married? If no dont bother talking about it anymore
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by mechanics(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
cummando:
Are you married? If no dont bother talking about it anymore
I will still talk.
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by EmpressT(f): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
Wow... I am blessed by this wonderful write-up. May God continue to enlighten you with more wisdom. Well, I asked my two sisters a question on the ground of domestic violence in marriage if it occurs God forbids and one of them said she will divorce her hubby if this happens and remarries another man. And I told her this isn't appropriate for a good christian, that she can only go for a separation for a while and then address the matter before God to intervene. How can I convince her more just to clear her doubts on this issue? Thanks
newsynews:

If separation appears too hard, then go for counselling. The issues in the marriage will be ironed out.

If after all of that the partner doesn't change, then divorce is still not the answer. Go to God in prayer and let Him know what you are facing. Let Him know that you are still in the marriage because you want to remain obedient to Him. He will surely give you rest. Remember "come to me ye that labour and heavy laden and I will give you rest".

You see, when you remarry, you make God distant from you. He's someone that hates divorce.

Malachi 2:16
NET Bible
"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and the one who is guilty of violence," says the LORD who rules over all. "Pay attention to your conscience, and do not be unfaithful."

If He was part of your first marriage and is also Someone that hates divorce, do you think he will part of the new union? No. That's why Jesus stated it that such union is adultery which is one of the things God hates.

Take a look at the wedding Jesus Christ attended in the Bible. What if it ended in divorce and one party decides to remarry. Do you think Jesus Christ would honor an invitation to such?

You see, most people might see this to be tasking, some might even think Jesus is laying a heavy burden on Christians. No, the opposite is the case.

Mathew 11:29-30
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Above, we see Christ telling us to learn from him. Learning from him makes us Christians. He loved us so much that he gave his life for us. That's why his apostle told men to love their wives in the same manner.

Ephesians 5:24-25
… 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives,
just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her

If you say you don't want to bear the burden he is placing on you which is light, then you need to go for counselling so as to see what you will face when you ignore him, which are the horrors that accompany divorce.

Examples are the trauma the children will go through, distance from friends and family who wouldn't want to pick a side etc. You expose yourself to dangers of eternal damnation.

Divorcing for reasons other than sexual immorality is equal to committing sin. Remarrying is also committing sin. Staying in such marriage is equivalent to living in sin. All of these make you liable for eternal damnation.

Now, which burden is light? The One that has you forgiving an offending partner, remaining single after divorcing a cheating partner and gaining eternal life or the one that sees you divorcing your partner for reasons other that adultery, the One that sees you remarrying and ending up in damnation eternally?

When you divorce due to reasons other than adultery, you tell God that you cannot stand the tests that a Christian should be built for. Just a problem of domestic violence and you are ready to disobey your Lord Jesus Christ. What Will you now do when you come across the violence of the Great Tribulation? What Will you do when a cutlass is placed on your neck asking you to deny Jesus or your head falls off? Yes, you will deny him since you disobeyed him concerning divorce. Disobeying his commands concerning divorce shows how much you hold him dear. Domestic violence made you disobey him. This means that the violence of the Great Tribulation will make you deny him cos you can't endure anything for him.

Source: http://www.purplefeel.com/2017/10/dangers-of-divorcing-christian.html?m=1#more
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Dat totally false!!! And u even quote the scripture out of context! So when Joseph flees Potiphar's wife, he was showing to God dat he can save himself According to u, Joseph should hav stayed there in the room, waiting for God to come down to save him from there.
Even Jesus Christ says, when they are killing u in a particular city, flee to another one. A living dog is better than a dead lion!!!

Obviously u r not a teacher, u must b like just a small preacher, good to entertain some gullible people who accept everything without taking time to deep
sir, To make a conclusion on a matter using the bible, u need to check all the bible.
B careful!!!

Quote:
If the partner kills you, as long as you were obedient to the commands of your Lord and Saviour, you will be saved from eternal damnation.

But the moment you flee, you definitely show your Saviour that you don't need him and that you can save yourself by yourself. That's the moment you stop being a Christian just because of a trying time.

See what he said about those who love to save their own life by disobeying him.

Mathew 16:25

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.[/quote]
Re: The Dangers Of Divorce As A Christian by newsynews: 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
EmpressT:
Wow... I am blessed by this wonderful write-up. May God continue to enlighten you with more wisdom. Well, I asked my two sisters a question on the ground of domestic violence in marriage if it occurs God forbids and one of them said she will divorce her hubby if this happens and remarries another man. And I told her this isn't appropriate for a good christian, that she can only go for a separation for a while and then address the matter before God to intervene. How can I convince her more just to clear her doubts on this issue? Thanks
Kindly show her this post and tell her to read it with an open heart without bias.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To "Rule Thou In The Midst Of Your Enemies" / UK-Based Church, Envoy Nation, Celebrates Nigeria At 63 / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.