Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? (6477 Views)

Which Works For You The Most; Giving, Fasting, Praise Or Prayer. / Singing Praise Or Worship? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Sammy07: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Worship is like eating

While praise is drinking water after eating

Both
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Jaynom(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:

wink

Hi hon, what's the name of your church and location?
Eckankar smiley
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by sKy007: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2017
Praise is when you show your latest dance acrobatics with your new dress and making sure your crush is watching while worship, they expect you to close eyes and carry hands up, nah that one shouldn't take up to 2 mins nah
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Evablizin(f): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Jaynom:
Eckankar smiley
grin grin grin NAH LIE
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by aytuns(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2017
Due of denominational ideas, and man made inventions into God's plan for salvation, you now the segregation between praise and worship just because some want to put a difference between slow and fast songs and justify the reason why they dance and use instruments in the Lords worship.

Worship is everything we do in the service of God. This will include Praising God (Singing), Sermonizing/Teaching ourselves the word of God, Giving, Prayers, and so on.

So this question should not be asked.

How do we praise God today AS CHRISTIANS? With the fruit of our lips. Read Eph 5:19, Col 3:16, Heb 2:12, Acts 16:25-26, 1cor 14:15.

Please don't quote King David's psalms to justify the use of instruments, he wasn't a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by orunto27: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2017
Worship is a Life comprising Actions, Interactions and Movements. Praise is just an Instrument(a Tool) in the Hands of Worship. Like Moses and his Staff. Moses is Worship. His Staff is Praise in his hand. Praise God!!!
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Elnino4ladies: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2017
None of them. They are both useless

1 Like

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by purem(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:

wink

Hi hon, what's the name of your church and location?

Redeem

Wee u kom

Really wanna meet u
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Grundig: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Yameater:

How do you bring down something that is supposed to indwell in you ?

Praise and worship does not bring down God’s presence but they help you to MAINTAIN the presence of Jehoval God who dwells in you
2 Chronicles: 20. 22. As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. - Bible Offline

I'm not a bible scholar but allow drop this here.

Acts 16:23-26 “And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely.
(24) Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.
(25) But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
(26) Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed.”

Let me state here that when we pray, God sends angels to attend to our queries. However, when we praise and worship God, his glory descends.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by igweGC(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Well to me if you're giving 30mins for praise and worship ,

Worship should be like 25mins, then praise for 5mins,

I always got the inspiration from worship song

But there are some churches, sorry to say, they will be giving 15mins for praise and worship, they will spend 2mins for worship, and the rest nah just to dance dance dance and dance, iono

Well let's see your views

There is no such thing as 'Praise and Worship'. It's called praise-worship. Worship is a lifestyle...a Church cleaner is a worshipper, so is every servant in God's vineyard. Praise is simply to extol, hail someone with or without melody and beats. So praise-worship is an act of service in praises. Whether the song be slow or fast, it's all the same Praise.

For example: ' we hail you, we worship you, we hail you most high' is a praise song on a slow beat/tempo and "we go dey hail your name, day by day, all the way' is also a praise song but on a fast/upbeat.

So when you praise, praise him the best way you know how to. Don't be entangled with the religion of creating a separation between praise-worship.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Yameater(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Grundig:

2 Chronicles: 20. 22. As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. - Bible Offline

I'm not a bible scholar but allow drop this here.

Acts 16:23-26 “And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely.
(24) Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.
(25) But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
(26) Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed.”

Let me state here that when we pray, God sends angels to attend to our queries. However, when we praise and worship God, his glory descends.

How is the presence and the glory of God the same ?
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Grundig: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Yameater:

How is the presence and the glory of God the same ?
If you plan on seeing God physically, you'd have to make heaven first.

In any case, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant the glory of God.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by sobastical: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2017
What a misconception
Praise to God is an art of worship no segregation
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Mrkumareze(m): 8:11am On Oct 29, 2017
Both works together. You should have used a clearer definition of what you meant. You can't praise without elements of workshop neither would you worship without praise.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by OtemSapien: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2017
Both are waste of time
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Evablizin(f): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2017
purem:

Redeem
Wee u kom
Really wanna meet u
smiley
I can't come without address.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

But there are some churches, sorry to say, they will be giving 15mins for praise and worship, they will spend 2mins for worship, and the rest nah just to dance dance dance and dance, iono

We are not worship beings.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by purem(m): 8:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:

smiley

I can't come without address.

want u 2 ansa yes b4 address
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Evablizin(f): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2017
purem:

want u 2 ansa yes b4 address
Just pray for me if you go,i'm sick.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by purem(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:

huh! wee take dat as an excuse
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Chukazu: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

One of the biggest error of religion is "the warped concept that praise and worship are too different things"
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by purem(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:

huh! wee tke dat as an excuse
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Evablizin(f): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2017
purem:

huh! wee tke dat as an excuse
I'm serious embarassed
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by purem(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Evablizin:
I'm serious
embarassed

i'm in church nw. Wee start praying 4 u asap
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by oncoded(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2017
It is called Praise and Worship, not Praise or Worship....DUMMY.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by oncoded(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2017
THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED PRAISE AND WORSHIP, NOT PRAISE OR WORSHIP..

HUMANS, TWISTING THE WORDS OF GOD SINCE CREATED.

Chukazu:

One of the biggest error of religion is "the warped concept that praise and worship are too different things"
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by gabsuccess(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2017
PRAISE Leaders know d whole time alot for both praise and worship in their churches ,it should be done d way u re lead by d holy spirit n must comes from clean heart.Like my church we do have almost an hour prse n wrshp every sunday n atimes some worshipers wll use almost the whole time for worship while others wll do more of praise dan wrshp,to crown it all it shuld be done out of a clean heart under a supervision of the holy spirit except orthodox church were praise and worship time are scheduled once u exceeds d time for each period,don't be suprised sb wll come n tell u to stop n move to d next,i.e the time for worship is for it n praise time for praise.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Evablizin(f): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2017
purem:

i'm in church nw. Wee start praying 4 u asap
cheesy Thank you,i guess my head wouldn't fall out because of headache.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by sirkaebs: 9:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Yameater:
Both

Wooooooow!!!! FTC. Hard work pays
This one has made it in life.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by aalangel(f): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

There's nothing like Praise and Worship. It's Praise Worship. There's no difference. Songs can either be fast or slowly. Everything is dependent on the Holy Spirit. You can go from fast to slow or vice versa.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by Yameater(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2017
sirkaebs:

This one has made it in life.

It’s good you know

NL is for fun mheeeeeeee
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? by ukeleh: 11:06am On Oct 29, 2017
Bible should be your standard. Did the Bible not spell out how to serve your God?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Jesus - Ufo Connection / Women Subconsciously Look For God In Their Husbands Because Lord Made Them So / The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.