Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies (11274 Views)

Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows / List Of Traditional Rulers And Communities In Anambra State / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by gozzlin: 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
Saw this thread by chance and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love reading the history of foreign lands, especially a foremost country like Ethiopia steeped in rich history.

Very interesting pictures as well.

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by gozzlin: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hati13:
• Princess Tsehai (1919-42)

- She was one of the daughter of emperor Haileselassie.

I think this is lady is sublimely beautiful.

Just out of curiosity, is she beautiful by Ethiopian standards? Please don't mind my asking.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
fanficgirl:

This man is always so handsome to me grin. Was he not the Mad King? The one that United all the Feudal Kingdoms and had that insane love affair grin. He tried to use the British to industralize and improve the empire. You should make a thread about his son. I heard he was taking to Britain after Tewodros was defeated and killed sad
Handsomeness seems to run in that family
Also didn't Ethiopia just recently get rid of its Prime Minister after Protests? I'm trying to get back on my African history grin
Hey fanficgirl cheesy, how are you and where have you been? You disappeared like wind.

Yeah he was the mad King. Many ppl used to be amputated and killed during his reign. But he did that to unite the country and I love him for that.

I had created a topic for his son few months ago.

Yes the PM of Ethiopia was get rid (he resign), but he is still in power until a new PM is elected (hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks).

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
gozzlin:
Saw this thread by chance and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love reading the history of foreign lands, especially a foremost country like Ethiopia steeped in rich history.

Very interesting pictures as well.
Thanks for finding it interesting.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
gozzlin:

I think this is lady is sublimely beautiful.

Just out of curiosity, is she beautiful by Ethiopian standards? Please don't mind my asking.
No problem for the question. I think for me she is beautiful by the world standard.

By the way, I was born in the hospital that was built by emperor Haileselassie under her honor. She became a nurse shortly before her death at 23.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by gozzlin: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hati13:

Thanks for finding it interesting.

You're welcome. Thanks for your efforts as well. I've bookmarked this thread and some of your other threads so that I can learn more about Ethiopian history, one of the most fascinating countries in Africa.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by gozzlin: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hati13:

No problem for the question. I think for me she is beautiful by the world standard.

By the way, I was born in the hospital that was built by emperor Haileselassie under her honor. She became a nurse shortly before her death at 23.

Wow, interesting. She has a really kindly countenance. Almost angelic.

Such a pity she died at a young age. Hopefully the hospital will immortalize her name.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
gozzlin:

Wow, interesting. She has a really kindly countenance. Almost angelic.

Such a pity she died at a young age. Hopefully the hospital will immortalize her name.
The hospital name was changed to another after the deposition of Haileselassie.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by gozzlin: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hati13:

The hospital name was changed to another after the deposition of Haileselassie.

Uh oh, quite unfortunate.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
The following pics are respectively of,

• Emperor Amda Seyon I (??-1344)

• Emperor Yohannes I (1640-82)

• Ras Mikael Sehul (1691-1779)

• Ras Araya Selassie Yohannes (1867-88), son of emperor Yohannes IV

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
The following pics are respectively of,

- Emperor Zera Yacob (1399-1468 AD)

- Empress Sabla Wangel, wife of emperor Lebna Dengel (??-1568 AD)

- Empress Maryiam Sena, wife of emperor Sarsa Dengel

- Empress Mentewwab, wife of emperor Bakaffa (1706-1773 AD)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Olu317(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2018
Good work you are doing out there Hati13 . Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
Olu317:
Good work you are doing out there Hati13 . Keep it up
Thanks Olu317

• King Kaleb (510-40 AD)

• King Lalibela (1162-1221 AD)

• Emperor Susenyos I (1572-1632 AD)

• Wube Hailemariam (1800-67 AD)

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dating A Nigerian Guy In China / Igbinedion University Honours Oluwo With Doctorate Degree / BBC's Documentary On Ancient West African Megacities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.